Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought by this point in time that any potential actor would have seen enough crime tv and news reports about firearms, bodies and cars being recovered from water features that using water to hide a crime would be very low on the options list. It's not "if" the item will be found, it's "when". Unless it's well out to sea in shark infested waters, it's just not all that viable. MOO

So the more I think about all the cast of characters in this drama the more I am suspecting that this investigation is taking time because there are some other big shoes to drop about illegal conduct - financial, drugs, etc. MOO of course but there are some real red flags based on what I’ve seen.

My case archive photobucket site is (hopefully temporarily) deleted again (haters),
but I thought this one might be worth sharing here.

Lauren Scharf's youtube, screenshots.

(If/when) I get my site back it can be viewed larger.

Attachments

• 102920.LaurenScharf-Investigates-theBroomfieldJob.youtube.JPG
    102920.LaurenScharf-Investigates-theBroomfieldJob.youtube.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 169
Makes me question.....WHY would anyone feel the need to "scope" anyone searching for SM ? Or anyone for that matter. Sounded to me like they had people with them just observing to help them with equipment ect. Those people said this is not safe. We need to leave.

Makes me question.....WHY would anyone feel the need to "scope" anyone searching for SM ? Or anyone for that matter. Sounded to me like they had people with them just observing to help them with equipment ect. Those people said this is not safe. We need to leave.

Correct. Others have asked why they didn't inform LE if they felt threatened. How would that conversation go?..... Hey LE, My Rambo sniper friend hidden in the woods was holding a 50 cal weapon with a scope on some 'knarly' characters. One of the characters even circled one of our vehicles.....We feel threatened.

IMO, because these things are not actually happening. It however makes a story more interesting when you add intrigue & suspense. If it's not that, then I see a bunch of folks with a unhealthy paranoia. When you show up to an area unprepared, especially for the weather, what do you do to save face? I'm sure residents are watching, they are probably curious and more importantly concerned about who's descending into their community. We have another on-line group that really stirs the pot and creates drama. I'm not at all surprised they all support each other and are connected. Where's Scooby Doo? I trust him more. IMO

IMO, because these things are not actually happening. It however makes a story more interesting when you add intrigue & suspense. If it's not that, then I see a bunch of folks with a unhealthy paranoia. When you show up to an area unprepared, especially for the weather, what do you do to save face? I'm sure residents are watching, they are probably curious and more importantly concerned about who's descending into their community. We have another on-line group that really stirs the pot and creates drama. I'm not at all surprised they all support each other and are connected. Where's Scooby Doo? I trust him more. IMO

Except they do recover lost people.

Except they do recover lost people.

True. I also think they are more naive than malicious. Most of their other cases they were looking for lost or missing people which were cold cases or at least not so intense and contentious.
I’m sure they read about BM with the gun, about MG allegedly being threatened, <modsnip> and all the other rumors that have been floating around and they started reading malice into every little thing they noticed as they began their search.
I think they’d prefer to be heroes not drama queens.
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
True. I also think they are more naive than malicious. Most of their other cases they were looking for lost or missing people which were cold cases or at least not so intense and contentious.
I’m sure they read about BM with the gun, about MG allegedly being threatened, about the “watcher” on the bike at the search site, and all the other rumors that have been floating around and they started reading malice into every little thing they noticed as they began their search.
I think they’d prefer to be heroes not drama queens.
MOO
Agree. They got spooked.
But there is hostilty to searchers, so I dont know.

If we are to believe Barry’s statement that he went up to do prep work on Sunday morning, what prep work could he have been referring to for the wall? No brick deliveries on Sunday. Was he setting up hotel rooms? Was he buying food for his workers? Did the Walmart have items he needed for the wall or the workers? If he was removing capstones, while we know that’s a violation of local ordinance, would that be enough for a resident to call authorities about? Would he take the chance and operate a bobcat on Sunday on a transit job that would be scrutinized?

It's possible at least some of the people watching them were concerned that they were in above their heads with the terrain and the river, for others, it's possible it was a "popcorn worthy" event. And, of course, observers with a vested interest. MOO.

Agree. They got spooked.
But there is hostilty to searchers, so I dont know.
True. Even last week in the case of little Quentin Ellcessor who went missing after a neighbor sent him home, local residents became really antagonistic to searchers who were constantly trampling over their property. Many searchers were pretty arrogant; after all they were doing an “honorable” thing. How dare the locals question them or try to prevent them from going where they wanted to. High profile cases draw press, lookey lou’s, well meaning folks, and jerks. They can disrupt a whole neighborhood for months on end. Look at the Casey Anthony case. What has prevented Salida and Maysville from getting completely overrun is the fact that it’s hours from a major city.

If it wasn't in Colorado, I would have thought maybe they were protecting something more than just SM's body on that land, but ...??? It sounds cartel-ish. And it's scary.

If it wasn't in Colorado, I would have thought maybe they were protecting something more than just SM's body on that land, but ...??? It sounds cartel-ish. And it's scary.
Jumping off your post, not aimed at you swedeheart. I was tired last night so maybe I missed something. Who are "they" and what were "they" protecting?

Sounds like Deliverance.

I had to re-watch the AwP SM update video just to be sure I heard what I thought I heard. I was unable to watch it all, but indeed these guys did say they had a "team" they were calling "overwatch", that according to them, were familiar with the area and looking out for their safety while they were there searching, complete with scopes and sniper rifles (3:02 and again at 16:43). Sniper rifles? o_O

Seems a bit melodramatic to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member