Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics #1-4 are how the wall looks now.
Pic #5 is the Morphew crews work, dated 5/13.
Pic #6 and 7 specifically said 5/28.

The link is the Lauren Scharf investigation video, youtube.

View attachment 270061 View attachment 270062 View attachment 270063 View attachment 270064 View attachment 270065 View attachment 270066 View attachment 270067

I made a synopsis with pics. Too big to add here though. It has a lot of the screenshots of the wall.
Thanks for those, and your work on the case, it's much appreciated.

I was specifically looking for the source of the screenshot document @OldCop posted. I don't believe those came from LS latest video, and they're impossible (for me) to read. All images require links, as well.

I'd sure like to listen in on that May phone call between BM and someone at the intermediate sub company, around or before May 7th.

Say, that wall, that my meth head screwed up, I'm looking to tackle that again, without supplies. Thought I'd grab a different meth head, no equipment or materials and head up there on Mother's Day. I'd like to get those capstones off, even though I know work can't actually be done on the weekend. No worries, my license to do the work is delinquent so I shouldn't be there at all. I just need y'all to spot me up there, k? You know, in case my wife goes for a bike ride.

So, who did he call?

And why that weekend?

Oh, Barry.

JMO

I did not know that. Seems completely incompetent not to order materials upon contract agreement. Delays could be expected in Covid. Why is he scrambling a crew on Saturday?
Because things were crazy at home in the days prior and he couldn't think straight? Idk.
That does seem odd not to be prepared and organized.
I'm in the construction contracting business and trust me, organization and timely material orders are a must. No shooting from the hip last minute. Especially during the Covid.
jmo

Alright I will agree and let it go but I still want to know wth BM was doing all wet and red by that creek ? I guess he was looking for his wife in the creek after the mountain lion took her up a hill and she was kidnapped. So of course he dove into the creek to look for her. I guess I just have suspicion that that creek holds a clue. I think he was doing something there. Jmo

Me too...maybe revisiting site and checking that something was still there or reinforcing something more securely? Was that the same area AWP was searching? There was a video AWP showed where JL was walking in the creek and slipped. It looked like it could have been around there. Just curious...

The details remain the same... the internet herd, you tubers , discussion boards, etc get facts convoluted
True, MOO but part of the the internet's strength is looking a fact from every side, and yes it gets way down the line.
MOO I don't think the missing people would mind that people are considering every angle of possible and impossible things, while continuing to pursue their whereabouts.

Last edited:
I'd sure like to listen in on that May phone call between BM and someone at the intermediate sub company, around or before May 7th.

Say, that wall, that my meth head screwed up, I'm looking to tackle that again, without supplies. Thought I'd grab a different meth head, no equipment or materials and head up there on Mother's Day. I'd like to get those capstones off, even though I know work can't actually be done on the weekend. No worries, my license to do the work is delinquent so I shouldn't be there at all. I just need y'all to spot me up there, k? You know, in case my wife goes for a bike ride.

So, who did he call?

And why that weekend?

Oh, Barry.

JMO

I'm sitting here alone in the living room laughing. Thank you for lifting the morning blues here. It's good to have a bit of levity with such a sad case.

or maybe the safety AwP is referring to is bears and wildlife. Their watch team couple have had scopes to keep eye on that. I would be afraid to enter a mineshaft. isn’t it hibernation season too??

Not yet. Most bears are out foraging for last minute calories before winter actually comes in December. I've never heard of a bear using a mineshaft for hibernation. I've also never heard of people guarding other people from bears by following the people around with scopes on rifles. Bears are such a minor hazard (except where there are grizzlies, which there are not in Colorado).

I did not know that. Seems completely incompetent not to order materials upon contract agreement. Delays could be expected in Covid. Why is he scrambling a crew on Saturday?
He's not scrambling a crew, he's creating his alibi to be out of Dodge, as far away as possible, and for as long as possible on Sunday.

<modsnip> I’m not buying this nonsense of Barry’s people trying to intimidate them. If they saw anything, I think it was probably curious people wondering what <modsnip> they were doing.

Highly, highly, skeptical.
ITA
Jumping off your post...JMO...but during this time due to Covid, supplies including building supplies were starting to get low and things were not readily available as usual (remember the toilet paper shortage?) and businesses were shut down. Maybe there were delays in getting block and construction supplies ordered for jobs. It was definitely like that here in my state and businesses are just now getting back on track in some areas.

Order of events....

If MG heard what she believed to be BM's truck at 4 am, it makes the most sense TO ME that SHE contacted HIM, which may have forced his hand (to enlist her help assembling a crew, earlier than he may have intended to). Weird, weird, weird though why he was there in the first place.

I hope someone checked THAT dumpster.

JMO

The details remain the same... the internet herd, you tubers , discussion boards, etc get facts convoluted
So true, at this point I've heard so many unconfirmed rumors and innuendo it makes the head swirl. I hope Lauren continues to investigate and bring us new info to discuss. We still haven't heard the entirety of her interviews, maybe she'll air more of them on her YouTube channel.

One of the oddest things regarding this case, is something that Morgan Gentile said. She said was told something along the lines of "We would give you your paycheck, but we don't want it to look like hush-hush money...". In my opinion, that comment, in regards to her paycheck - is extremely telling.

Who didn't want it to look like "hush-hush" money, and what was being hushed up? I cannot get that statement out of my mind.

Because things were crazy at home in the days prior and he couldn't think straight? Idk.
That does seem odd not to be prepared and organized.
I'm in the construction contracting business and trust me, organization and timely material orders are a must. No shooting from the hip last minute. Especially during the Covid.
jmo
Do we know which company was responsible for ordering the brick/block?

That is correct, in my opinion, and most here agree. Moo
This may have been raised before but is there any case for changing the title of this thread to omit the bike ride reference? Or add 'reportedly' or 'alleged by husband'? I believe the bike was staged 100% like many of you and if it were removed, if BM or his lurkers are indeed keeping an eye on this forum, it could send a little disquiet and unease his way? JMO etc !

Me too...maybe revisiting site and checking that something was still there or reinforcing something more securely? Was that the same area AWP was searching? There was a video AWP showed where JL was walking in the creek and slipped. It looked like it could have been around there. Just curious...
ITA - IMO he has moved her since the crime. I think that mountain liar has a big story to tell.

LE Pressers Prompting BM's Actions?
I like press releases because they keep the case front and center, which creates a buzz and stories. When stories come out, Barry does dumb stuff.
@DizzyB Yes and no? Kinda, sorta agreeing?

IIRC, it was not just LE's pressers or releases prompting these actions; some of BM's puzzling actions can be attributed to both soc media & MSM reporting, unconnected to LE pressers or releases, imo.

W'out crawling thru all the old threads, does anyone recall dates of CCSO's last 5 pressers/media releases?
Seems like a hefty amt of MSM coverage w'out LE speaking out imo. jm2cts, could be wrong.

ETA: I'm all in favor of a perp doing "dumb stuff" before, during, & after committing a crime.

Last edited:
One of the oddest things regarding this case, is something that Morgan Gentile said. She said was told something along the lines of "We would give you your paycheck, but we don't want it to look like hush-hush money...". In my opinion, that comment, in regards to her paycheck - is extremely telling.

Who didn't want it to look like "hush-hush" money, and what was being hushed up? I cannot get that statement out of my mind.

Actually segues nicely with this discussion, at least to me. Reported per Lauren's recent video in her conversation with the prime contractors unknow worker..at the 6 minute mark

This worker was asked on Tuesday May 12th to find out who was out there working on the wall, he was told maybe they had abducted Barry’s wife, he said quote Tony was convinced those workers did something

So, who had possibly planted that seed with Tony, to suspect any connection whatsoever with Barry’s workers, people Tony didn’t know from Adam? To suspect that they would have abducted Suzanne...that's pretty dramatic. Obviously he was getting a different story than the hungry Mountain Lion of Monday. I can only think of one person who would plant that seed. Within a day and a half of Suzanne missing, less than two days time, most likely before Morgan and JP were even back in Salida. IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member