Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a legitimate one, as I can’t find a documented case of an actual murder being committed by by one of those hitmen sites.

Some of them have made quite a bit of money though, and it’s one of the few times I enjoy reading about people being ripped off.

Besides that, hitmen do not remove bodies, or commit the staging that happened here. There’s plenty more problems than that though.

48 Hours had an episode on this sort of thing a year or two ago. Here’s a more recent NYT article:

Can You Really Hire a Hit Man on the Dark Web?

Would being documented as having committed an actual murder be bad for business, in that business? Just askin' ..........
IMO

Would being documented as having committed an actual murder be bad for business, in that business? Just askin' ..........
IMO
These sites claim to have committed murders they’ve never committed. Sting operations have failed to ever lead to any murder attempts. In one investigation every hit that had been solicited was investigated, and not one had been committed.

What happens though is these people get ripped off, and when they realize that they’ve been scammed, they take matters into their own hands.

Question: If there are people who may know something and are are hesitant to come forward, then they have been unwilling to come forward since May. What are they afraid of?

A woman has been missing since May 10 and is most likely deceased. What is so threatening to others that a person would not share what they know? Just wondering out loud.

Replying to my own post. I shouldn’t have said ‘a woman has been missing’ l should have said: Suzanne has been gone since May 10th. Please help solve this mystery.

Question: If there are people who may know something and are are hesitant to come forward, then they have been unwilling to come forward since May. What are they afraid of?

A woman has been missing since May 10 and is most likely deceased. What is so threatening to others that a person would not share what they know? Just wondering out loud.
Maybe this person is holding back due to personal embarrassment. For example, what if Suzanne had a male internet friend who she communicated with and his spouse did not know about their communication? Perhaps she confided in a church member who is well known to Barry and his daughters and they just don’t want to get involved. This unknown person could be scared of Barry because Barry always hits back at anyone who mentions unflattering information about him. What if the person is a blood relative of Barry’s? There are so many possibilities.

These sites claim to have committed murders they’ve never committed. Sting operations have failed to ever lead to any murder attempts. In one investigation every hit that had been solicited was investigated, and not one had been committed.

What happens though is these people get ripped off, and when they realize that they’ve been scammed, they take matters into their own hands.

Oh.............so it's like Tee's lie detector test? IMO

Maybe this person is holding back due to personal embarrassment. For example, what if Suzanne had a male internet friend who she communicated with and his spouse did not know about their communication? Perhaps she confided in a church member who is well known to Barry and his daughters and they just don’t want to get involved. This unknown person could be scared of Barry because Barry always hits back at anyone who mentions unflattering information about him. What if the person is a blood relative of Barry’s? There are so many possibilities.
I have never ruled this out... what if Barry had a male friend?

That is certainly possible. I guess it depends on what the stakes are.

Hey, Hoosierfan, glad you're posting…I was going to tag you, but you've saved me the trouble!

I'm wondering whether or not you and/or your better half have heard anything circulating re: SM communicating with Alexandria friends on any of those apps the CCSO identified in their press release yesterday.

To the bolded point above, I don't think LE believes for a second that BM confessed to a "spiritual advisor."

I think they know much better than to credit him with any such attacks of conscience.

JMO.

No scuttlebutt that we've heard about re: any of those social media sites out of Alexandria (aside from the strange Facebook stuff that has been previously discussed), but given it's only been a day or so, it could take a few days to filter around.

IMO, SM's best friend that she was in communication with was not from Alexandria - my guess is it's a friend from her college days or maybe when they lived in Arcadia - maybe a sorority sister (I don't know if SM was in a sorority) or a church friend from Indiana? Maybe there was a small group of close-knit friends in whatever circle it was? I think Alexandria is small enough and tight enough that if it would have been people who live there now, there would have been some noise. So I don't think SM's hometown holds the answer. MOO, JMO.

I haven't ruled out BM confessing to a clergy member - it's unlikely, for sure - but I see someone who isn't completely devoid of emotion (on the contrary, you see a lot of anger out of him) and I think he's capable of having a guilty conscience. Given the strange religious language he has used ("if just one person was saved.....") I think it's possible he believes that a confession/asking of forgiveness of some kind would save him from hell (not that I think he's in the least bit remorseful). It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I at least think it's possible. MOO.

Not a legitimate one, as I can’t find a documented case of an actual murder being committed by by one of those hitmen sites.

Some of them have made quite a bit of money though, and it’s one of the few times I enjoy reading about people being ripped off.

Besides that, hitmen do not remove bodies, or commit the staging that happened here. There’s plenty more problems than that though.

48 Hours had an episode on this sort of thing a year or two ago. Here’s a more recent NYT article:

Can You Really Hire a Hit Man on the Dark Web?
Not to mention, if BM actually hired a hitman - he would have had a rock solid alibi (as opposed to his hot mess of an alibi).

To me the only question is would BM be dumb enough to inquire about a hitman on the dark web? I'm amazed (thank you, Dateline) how often people "put out feelers" about hitmen - it seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do, but as @GordianKnot pointed out, BM is no Rhodes scholar. JMO.

I’m sorry but my curiosity got the best of me and I read a bit and decided t0 delve into how the dark web “works”. I did the Tor browser and all that and I have to say that I’m betting that Barry cannot navigate the dark web. There might be info in there but I don’t think Barry used it to hire a hit man.

I’m sorry but my curiosity got the best of me and I read a bit and decided t0 delve into how the dark web “works”. I did the Tor browser and all that and I have to say that I’m betting that Barry cannot navigate the dark web. There might be info in there but I don’t think Barry used it to hire a hit man.
Yea, I think it’s a compete dead end. It doesn’t sound like he even knows how Facebook works, let alone something like the “dark web.”

Last edited:
The line in the clip below from the CCSO is bugging me. “Getting someone in trouble” sounds the way kids would think.

Could this portion of the sheriff’s message be directed towards a minor?

(Bbm)
“Investigators say Suzanne kept in touch with friends she loved dearly. They also believe that sometimes in these types of cases that people don’t come forward with information for concern that they may get someone in trouble.”

jmo

The line in the clip below from the CCSO is bugging me. “Getting someone in trouble” sounds the way kids would think.

Could this portion of the sheriff’s message be directed towards a minor?

(Bbm)
“Investigators say Suzanne kept in touch with friends she loved dearly. They also believe that sometimes in these types of cases that people don’t come forward with information for concern that they may get someone in trouble.”

jmo
I thought about too in relationship to the daughters.

I thought about too in relationship to the daughters.

IMO I felt that the implication of something criminal or information that would destroy someone’s home life if it became common knowledge.

I personally don’t think BM has the social media skills to navigate the dark web. The hint dropping clues don’t work well for me. They lost my attention after the first few were never elucidated.

Don't even go there! I'm re-reading my Agatha Christie and Perry Masons and enjoying every page.

Start the video at link @24:32 and watch the tribute video.

Mike says, "there are a couple of things we found, we want to remind folks what a beautiful woman, what a beautiful woman this is".
Chris says, "this was brought to us and you know who you are. You know who you are."

The same tall blond woman appears with Suzanne throughout the video ...

Suzanne Moorman Morphew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member