Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I even didn't see his lips smiling, so very extraordinary somehow (compared to holiday-pics at least).
Agree. He did not at all look like he was enjoying himself. It appeared as if his mind was on something entirely different. He was there in body only. Would love to know what he was thinking about. The financial house of cards he’d built? Was it finally dawning on him that he was spending more than he was making? JMO

The small video compilation of SM was really nice. While only a super small glimpse of her in motion - I see someone who looks fun, carefree and not at all a square (I believe some have portrayed her a nun like). The video with BM (I do see another male) looks like a bunch of friends/family toasting a drink to each other (maybe BM was feeling those drinks). IMO

In domestic homicide trials, LE is commonly described by the defense as having "tunnel vision" - a premature focus on the intimate partner, so much so that confirmation bias comes into play and evidence of alternative suspects or scenarios is overlooked or never investigated. BM has complained about this from early days, and LE does not want to say anything that would lend factual support for this argument. They can't claim in court that they are keeping their minds, eyes, and ears open for evidence of alternative scenarios if they declare the belief that SM is dead and name BM as a suspect in her murder. Having every advantage at trial is more important to LE than ANY other consideration. Nothing damages LE's credibility like losing a high profile murder case. Just ask LAPD and Marcia Clark.
Or Orlando PD and Jeff Ashton.

As long as you are able to show that you did not turn a blind eye to other possible suspects/scenarios, defense attorneys will have a hard time selling the tunnel vision defense.
Sometimes, it really can look like LE has tunnel vision in a case. That’s usually because we don’t know all of what LE has been doing. In this case, CCSO has indicated that have received hundreds of tips. Did they follow up on every one or only those that had seemingly incriminating information about BM? CCSO has indicated that they are following up on every one and that takes time. They also said they were able to rule out accident, abduction, and ML attack. They will have to show how they were able to rule them out.
Good LE will go where the evidence takes them. Good LE get no satisfaction from locking up the wrong man. Of course we know that is not always the case, but the majority of LE play by the rules.
What looks like tunnel vision is often a case of a 6 lane highway merging into a one lane tunnel.

#AndyMoorman and #GeneMoorman plea is even more important today. Please share the secret you've been hiding regarding #SuzanneMorphew Rest in Peace Gene... You're getting the answers we all want to hear. youtube.com/watch?v=wSdTwX…
https://twitter.com/profilingevil?s=21
—-
What’s the secret? And how do they know there is one? IMO they have knowledge of it and LE wants them to step forward
JMO
(I can’t seem to link directly to this particular tweet from PE but my link takes you to their twitter)

#AndyMoorman and #GeneMoorman plea is even more important today. Please share the secret you've been hiding regarding #SuzanneMorphew Rest in Peace Gene... You're getting the answers we all want to hear. youtube.com/watch?v=wSdTwX…
https://twitter.com/profilingevil?s=21
—-
What’s the secret? And how do they know there is one? IMO they have knowledge of it and LE wants them to step forward
JMO
(I can’t seem to link directly to this particular tweet from PE but my link takes you to their twitter)
.... and this:
Profiling Evil

@ProfilingEvil

·
11. Nov.

Thanks from #SuzanneMorphew's sister for well-wishers. Gene died with assurance that we will not stop seeking Justice for Suzanne. Melinda sends love and thanks to you all. #AndyMoorman is well. https://youtube.com/watch?v=wSdTwXGY6CE&feature=youtu.be…

Some homeowners’ insurance has a rider to insure jewelry (ours requires an extra declaration if any one piece is worth more than $10,000). We do not have such jewelry.

But it makes me wonder about the property insurance papers found in the hotel room.

If BM was financially desperate (was he in such dirty dealings that his life was in danger?) then perhaps the jewelry was important to his demented scheme.

At the same time, I wouldn’t be surprised if the giant rock was high quality zirconium. I’ve known several men who did that and one woman who was so certain her husband was buying zirconium for anniversary gift that she was at the jeweler’s the next morning (she was right). They did not remain married.

(Keep in mind that my circle of “acquaintances” has included people in jails and mental hospitals. But the man whose wife was so suspicious was LE. And another of the culprits had a well-paying executive position at a Fortune 500 corporation - so I guess it’s something men of all walks of life can do.

Sheesh. (I also know women who are fine with zirconium...it’s not zirconium that’s the problem...)

Some homeowners’ insurance has a rider to insure jewelry (ours requires an extra declaration if any one piece is worth more than $10,000). We do not have such jewelry.

But it makes me wonder about the property insurance papers found in the hotel room.

If BM was financially desperate (was he in such dirty dealings that his life was in danger?) then perhaps the jewelry was important to his demented scheme.

At the same time, I wouldn’t be surprised if the giant rock was high quality zirconium. I’ve known several men who did that and one woman who was so certain her husband was buying zirconium for anniversary gift that she was at the jeweler’s the next morning (she was right). They did not remain married.

(Keep in mind that my circle of “acquaintances” has included people in jails and mental hospitals. But the man whose wife was so suspicious was LE. And another of the culprits had a well-paying executive position at a Fortune 500 corporation - so I guess it’s something men of all walks of life can do.

Sheesh. (I also know women who are fine with zirconium...it’s not zirconium that’s the problem...)
Have no idea what the "rock" being referred to, IS, but we are in the jewelry industry, and have seen many instances where people thought they had a diamond, but it was only a Cubic Zirconia, i.e., CZ.

Zircons are real, Cubic Zirconias are manmade. Cannot tell from a photo; testing is necessary.

I'll be very glad to hear updates from LE on this case, and soon, too!

That's the direction I've been going in for a while now, that he was in some kind of trouble and needed money quickly, but that's pure speculation based on not too much but a gut feeling. However, I also had the thought of it possibly being a CZ. I feel like it was as important to BM to "look rich," as it was for SM to appear happy. :(

Last edited:
That's the direction I've been going in for a while now, that he was in some kind of trouble and needed money quickly, but that's pure speculation based on not too much but a gut feeling. However, I also had the thought of it possibly being a CZ. I feel like it was as important to BM to "look rich," as it was for SM to look happy. :(
Exactly. All about the show. I thought most of Suzanne's other jewelry was quite dainty, other than the fashion pieces. Big house, pricey trucks and vacations, beautiful wife with a big ole rock. The whole shebang.

imo

Hi..newb here. Trying to work through all the threads. I have been reading for hours but have not come upon what type of vehicle BM might have used to go Broomfield. Is this known info?
We don’t know for sure, but I think it’s a safe bet that he drove his Ford pickup truck.

Ok...do we know if it has a tonneau cover?
We don’t. Part of me hopes he does, as there’s probably a better chance that they obtained forensic evidence from the bed.

We have heard rumors about coolers though, which may be another way he could have concealed her body while transporting it.

We don’t. Part of me hopes he does, as there’s probably a better chance that they obtained forensic evidence from the bed.

We have heard rumors about coolers though, which may be another way he could have concealed her body while transporting it.
Ok...so the truck has been processed.....yes coolers fit with what I have been thinking....

Ok, which brave sleuther here is gonna volunteer to go into the deep or dark web and look around for clues? :eek::cool::p

I mean, it’s one of the things we do at my lab, but in this case I just don’t see a likely connection, plus the DW is a vast, unruly space, which doesn't make life easy for generic crawlers, and even purpose-built Tor crawlers are tricky to design, requiring dedicated protocols and management, and are still often unreliable and finicky in terms of weeding and processing.

Short answer: if there really is relevant stuff to find there then I fully expect the FBI to find it.

I've never heard of any DV support group using the dark web.

There are actually a number of groups who have looked to build safe spaces there, including some with specific focuses on sex worker safety and outreach, etc., but even with instruction and a purpose-built browser many don't find that navigating is easy, and there are plenty of other, more straightforward ways of setting up and managing encrypted groups for support that would not leave breadcrumbs for spouses or partners to follow easily.

That said, I just don't see BM as a person who is going to devote himself to learning about ways to track and trap, then set it up, monitor it, and devise a murder on the basis of what he finds. Anyone with a teen can tell you that even with a dedicated app it's a huge PiTA, and requires a ton of your time. Maybe he did this sort of thing and then confronted SM with what he found, leading to a violent attack, but it doesn't seem the most likely scenario to me.

ITA with That Guy From Mass and others who have painstakingly laid out the timeline alongside what we know about BM: this is a controlling, though perhaps generally non-violent partner, who either was found out, or found out something that then escalated into violence, necessitating the messy cleanup and messier basket of stories, timelines and interviews we have now. Maybe there's steroids and/ or AN Other person involved, but every gym I've ever worked out of had a guy or more who was reputed to be ably to supply juice, and there's a gazillion message boards on the regular web where that stuff can (supposedly) be procured.

I trust that LE have been examining these as we have here, with all the additional tools they can bring to bear, and that we'll see an arrest at some point and hopefully have a clearer picture of SM's story and location.

If something like a "I need a hitman" post does turn up, on the DW or anywhere, I don't expect it to be much more than another shiny nail in the proverbial coffin. IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member