Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez so sorry for this family right now. What a mess having to deal with not one loss but two. At least there is reconciliation with Mr. Moorman. However, it continues to madden me that there are no answers for SM. And I think at this point there should be at least some answers. Or at least a direction.? I’m sure there is but we are not privy to it
Huge edit: Moorman vs. Morphew thank you so much you know who you are!

Last edited:
CO. Homicide Statutes?
... without looking up the statutes for CO...
@Ontario Mom sbm Offering some CO homicide law info (from website* of Denver law firm, fwiw. I haven't verified against the CO. statutes yet.)"Colorado has five main homicide crimes. They are (from most serious to least serious):
  1. First-degree murder (18-3-102 C.R.S.): Premeditated or knowing killings.
  2. Second-degree murder (18-3-103 C.R.S.): Unintended deaths caused by extremely dangerous behavior.
  3. Vehicular homicide (18-3-106 C.R.S.): Fatal car accidents caused by DUI or reckless driving (18-3-102 C.R.S.)
  4. Manslaughter (18-3-104 C.R.S.): Unintended deaths caused by reckless behavior.
  5. Criminally negligent homicide (18-3-105 C.R.S.): Unintended deaths caused by careless behavior."
"Penalties. Homicide punishments depend on the defendant’s state of mind. The more intentional the killing, the harsher the sentence:
Homicide crime.............................Colorado State Prison sentence
1st-degree murder .........................Life
2nd-degree murder ...................... 4 to 48 years
Vehicular homicide ...................... 2 to 14 years
Manslaughter ............................... 2 to 6 years
Criminally negligent homicide .... 1 to 3 years
"

Last edited:
CO. Homicide Statutes?
@Ontario Mom sbm Offering some CO homicide law info (from website* of Denver law firm, fwiw. I haven't verified against the CO. statutes yet.)"Colorado has five main homicide crimes. They are (from most serious to least serious):
  2. Second-degree murder (18-3-103 C.R.S.): Unintended deaths caused by extremely dangerous behavior.
  3. Vehicular homicide (18-3-106 C.R.S.): Fatal car accidents caused by DUI or reckless driving (18-3-102 C.R.S.)
  4. Manslaughter (18-3-104 C.R.S.): Unintended deaths caused by reckless behavior.
  5. Criminally negligent homicide (18-3-105 C.R.S.): Unintended deaths caused by careless behavior."
"Penalties. Homicide punishments depend on the defendant’s state of mind. The more intentional the killing, the harsher the sentence:
"
IMO we will see 1st degree charges. Somewhat possible for second degree if a death occurred as a result of extreme behavior (rage of some kind - not premeditated) but the presence or lack thereof a body wont really be the decisive factor. It is the intent that differentiates the crimes. I think M1 is possible without a body. If there is enough other forensic and circumstantial evidence to demonstrate she is deceased and there was intent. Motive and opportunity will be big factors as well.

IMO we will see 1st degree charges. Somewhat possible for second degree if a death occurred as a result of extreme behavior (rage of some kind - not premeditated) but the presence or lack thereof a body wont really be the decisive factor. It is the intent that differentiates the crimes. I think M1 is possible without a body. If there is enough other forensic and circumstantial evidence to demonstrate she is deceased and there was intent. Motive and opportunity will be big factors as well.
Yeah, I think the worst case scenario is a conviction of second degree murder, which would still likely end with a sentence that is for all intents and purposes, a life sentence.

Hiding the body of a dead wife and mother, while continuing to live life as normal, isn’t likely to draw any sympathy from a judge.

I do believe that when and if charges are filed though, they will be for first degree murder.

I hadn’t seen this yet so thank you for posting it. What a wonderful life! That’s a great photo they used of Mr. Moorman.

Two things from the obituary that stuck out to me: “...missing and presumed dead daughter, Suzanne Morphew.” And “...the family requests donations be made to your local domestic violence organization...” Wow, pretty clear message there.

I love that he had a boat called The Root Beer Float!

I hadn’t seen this yet so thank you for posting it. What a wonderful life! That’s a great photo they used of Mr. Moorman.

Two things from the obituary that stuck out to me: “...missing and presumed dead daughter, Suzanne Morphew.” And “...the family requests donations be made to your local domestic violence organization...” Wow, pretty clear message there.

I love that he had a boat called The Root Beer Float!
Yeah, the only way that message could have been stronger, is if it read “missing and presumed murdered.”

Andy has used the phrase “domestic violence,” in regards to what he believed happened to Suzanne. I imagine he wrote this.

I agree.

You don't need a body to charge someone with 1st degree murder.

You don't need a body to get a 1st degree murder conviction from a Colorado jury, either.

The Berreth case is proof of that.

JMO.

You think you can you search for foolproof ways to bury a body with a Bobcat on the DW? (Or get rid of a body, in general?)

(I honestly don't know what all types of info you can find there, other than hit men, and numerous other illegal goods and services, as well as horrific video footage. I downloaded the Tor browser years ago, but never really explored. I have always been too worried about coming across something I couldn't un-see. But I would imagine the amount of nefarious info you can obtain there is vast.)

imo.

Last edited:
You think you can you search for foolproof ways to bury a body with a Bobcat on the DW?

(I honestly don't know what all types of info you can find there, other than hit men, and numerous other illegal goods and services, as well as horrific video footage. I downloaded the Tor browser years ago, but never really explored. I have always been too worried about coming across something I couldn't un-see. But I would imagine the amount of nefarious info you can obtain there is vast.)

imo.
The dark web is just like any other search engine. You still need to know what you're looking for. I downloaded Tor just to see. I don't have a clue what I'd search for and BMs name won't just jump out at me. LE know what to search. Go look. Nothing grizzly pops out. It sounds scary but it's not something visable. moo

You think you can you search for foolproof ways to bury a body with a Bobcat on the DW? (Or get rid of a body, in general?)

imo.
I think BM did it the old fashioned way, and used Google if he did search for anything. In all the cases I’ve followed, criminals have used normal search engines.

Barry didn’t have a great deal of time, and I certainly don’t think he knows the first thing about the dark web.

I think BM did it the old fashioned way, and used Google if he did search for anything. In all the cases I’ve followed, criminals have used normal search engines.

Barry didn’t have a great deal of time, and I certainly don’t think he knows the first thing about the dark web.

You're probably right, @MassGuy. I guess I'm still in the premeditated camp, as well as some shady business dealings going on behind SM's back, so I figure maybe BM thought he was covering his tracks by using the DW. I'm just trying to come up with a few different ideas for why it was even mentioned on PE. I feel certain they introduce all of these little clues in their videos bc they have more insight in to this case than the average Joe, but maybe they don't? I believe they have a little more info than we do though, and they blast out these little nuggets of incriminating info to really make BM and his cohorts squirm with anxiety. Could just be wishful thinking on my part though. ;)

IMO.

I agree.

You don't need a body to charge someone with 1st degree murder.

You don't need a body to get a 1st degree murder conviction from a Colorado jury, either.

The Berreth case is proof of that.

JMO.
The problem that I'm seeing right now tho is that there's not enough solid evidence to make a charge stick. The DA only gets one chance at a conviction so they need to have clear and convincing evidence for a jury.
I hope they'll get it.
The Berreth case had an extra added benefit for the DA. PF involved someone else.
So far, I haven't seen anything to suggest that in this case. But, we'll see.
moo

Last edited:
Yeah, not only do I think the motive was simple, but I don’t think this is complicated.

No dark web, drugs, or some sort of conspiracy. Just a man with a lot to lose financially, or a guy who lost his temper.
I think this might be a temper issue too and partly because he had a lot to lose financially.
But I think the temper issue was for a long time regardless of what was going on that day or days surrounding that day.
And, if DV was prevalent in that household then others know.
All jmo.

Thank you for posting GM’s obit. What a horrendous year this family has endured. The only positive I am able to think of is maybe GM has been spared of learning the details of SM’s fate that charges & a trial will surely detail. Speaking as a parent. I can’t think of much that would be more heartbreaking.

May GM Rest In Peace knowing his daughter won’t be forgotten and justice for SM is still very important to thousands of us around the world. MOO
#JusticeForSuzanne

EBM spelling :/

Last edited:
CO. Homicide Statutes?
"
Excellent post @al66pine

I would assume a judge/jury wouldn’t be very lenient on a perp who disposed so thoroughly of SM’s body if it was spur of the moment, out of control rage.

I think the fact she’s so well hidden, along with BM being the only person to benefit financially by SM’s disappearance coupled with the girls conveniently out of state with BM’s sister keeps throwing me back in the pre-meditated camp.

MOO no need for Google. He is a landscaper, has training and experience in earth moving.
MOO, however I dont think a bobcat was used in the still of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478