Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I have is where the heck is she? If and only if this happened like I think it did Saturday before Mother’s Day. I think she’s buried really close by. Like really close.
According to Andy, the window appears to be around 3.5 hours. What makes the most sense to me, is that he disposed of her body on the way to Bloomfield (during that time frame).

Had he dumped her body before that, then I don’t believe law enforcement would have a window that specific. I think they were able to track his movements up until a point when he left the house that morning, but he dropped off the grid for a period of time.

I agree with you. Now we wait for LE to find the evidence to prove it. Moo
The problem I have is where the heck is she? If and only if this happened like I think it did Saturday before Mother’s Day. I think she’s buried really close by. Like really close.
According to Andy, the window appears to be around 3.5 hours. What makes the most sense to me, is that he disposed of her body on the way to Bloomfield (during that time frame).

Had he dumped her body before that, then I don’t believe law enforcement would have a window that specific. I think they were able to track his movements up until a point when he left the house that morning, but he dropped off the grid for a period of time.
Yes so I agree she is close by. I have this feeling he didn’t transport her. I think he was too scared. I think she could still be in the vicinity of the home. That’s why he planted the bike and said the mountain lion took her.. just in case they find her it explains why. She’s close to home. He wouldn’t let her get away or leave. Jmo

I don't think he'd go anywhere near MG's place if he still had a body on board. I think he was off grid from a known location (Salida jobsite) (midnight) until the next known location (MG's) (4 am), framing the 3.5 hours...

I still can't account for why he would drive to MG's and leave.... unless it was simply a convenient location to hit a known dumpster before heading to Broomfield.

He was doing SOMETHING at 11:30 at night at the jobsite.

He was doing SOMETHING at 4 am at MG's.

And IMO he was up all night, doing something in between.

JMO

I’m going back to when MG said he had the worst night of his life. I think something happened Friday night in that home and that’s when he found out SM was making a move to leave him and Colorado. This leads me to believe that when he went back to make SM happy(Saturday am) ... he just couldn’t because she was done and that’s when things went really awry. He could not make her happy and only he knew that. He was left with only one choice.

This makes a lot of sense! I can see that scenario happening. Didn’t MG say he seemed like he had the worst night of his life when she talked to him early Sunday morning though? And she said he was just acting weird on Saturday at the beach site. Your idea still works either way. Something bad happened Friday and BM thought he could fix it and “make the wife happy” but he couldn’t because Suzanne was done. So he got desperate and angry...very angry...unable to control his rage...IMO

This makes a lot of sense! I can see that scenario happening. Didn’t MG say he seemed like he had the worst night of his life when she talked to him early Sunday morning though? And she said he was just acting weird on Saturday at the beach site. Your idea still works either way. Something bad happened Friday and BM thought he could fix it and “make the wife happy” but he couldn’t because Suzanne was done. So he got desperate and angry...very angry...unable to control his rage...IMO
I do think it was early Saturday am at the beach site that he scrambles and he said he had to leave to make the wife happy. It was 4am Sunday morning that MG says he pulls up but doesn’t do anything. I’m so sorry I can’t recall when he says he acted like it was the worst night of his life. Was that Friday night or Saturday night?

I don't think he'd go anywhere near MG's place if he still had a body on board. I think he was off grid from a known location (Salida jobsite) (midnight) until the next known location (MG's) (4 am), framing the 3.5 hours...

I still can't account for why he would drive to MG's and leave.... unless it was simply a convenient location to hit a known dumpster before heading to Broomfield.

He was doing SOMETHING at 11:30 at night at the jobsite.

He was doing SOMETHING at 4 am at MG's.

And IMO he was up all night, doing something in between.

JMO
MG’s at 4:00 to try to alibi is the only thing I can think. To try to have her say yeah he was at my place at 4:00 to go to a work job. She might have been the only consistent work person to alibi amongst his “methhead” workers. He probably was using her as she was the most stable of the crew. He used her imo.

MG’s at 4:00 to try to alibi is the only thing I can think. To try to have her say yeah he was at my place at 4:00 to go to a work job. She might have been the only consistent work person to alibi amongst his “methhead” workers. He probably was using her as she was the most stable of the crew. He used her imo.

I think it's pretty clear that using people comes naturally.... but in this case, I'm not sure he intended for MG to hear his truck. JMO but I think, once she heard his truck, she called or texted him, perhaps assuming SHE was off by a day and he was there to get her. Fits with her getting ready fast. And if she texted to say, "I'm ready, where'd you go?" he'd HAVE to respond, hence the awkward timing of a conversation (4 am) that DID NOT need to happen at 4 am!!!!! Hearing him (his truck) IMO just wasn't supposed to happen so he had to improvise.

We'll see if the phone logs back this up. If she contacted him first on Sunday morning, then it was NOT his plan to get caught by her at her place. Had that not happened, I think he'd have called her, just not until a decent hour.

Question remains, WHY DID HE GO THERE?????

Did he use her dumpster? Did he borrow her vehicle?

JMO

Last edited:

Yes so I agree she is close by. I have this feeling he didn’t transport her. I think he was too scared. I think she could still be in the vicinity of the home. That’s why he planted the bike and said the mountain lion took her.. just in case they find her it explains why. She’s close to home. He wouldn’t let her get away or leave. Jmo
I don't think Massguy implied she is close by. On the way to Broomfield is a huge area and not necessarily what I would call close to home. Trying to find her in that large of an area would be like trying to find a granule of salt in an Olympic pool. They may never find her.

I have had this weird thought that maybe it was SM that had a little to do with the girls being out of the house for that weekend. She was planning to let him know something and thought it best if they were not around. Another thought is that they(daughters) were well aware of what was going down and the realization things didn't go as planned hit when they tried to reach her, could possibly warrant them calling the neighbor first as well.

Another thought IMO was that there was something violent that happenedon Friday night or Saturday, but SM didn't pass.

I don't think we know all the details of being at MG's at 4am.

I do think it was early Saturday am at the beach site that he scrambles and he said he had to leave to make the wife happy. It was 4am Sunday morning that MG says he pulls up but doesn’t do anything. I’m so sorry I can’t recall when he says he acted like it was the worst night of his life. Was that Friday night or Saturday night?
Hey @Trocroc9 I think MG is referring to Sat night (into Sun am) when she said BM sounded like he had the worst night of his life (when she talked to him on Sunday) morning. And he probably did! Not nearly as bad as Suzanne’s was I’m afraid. :( But MG said he was also acting weird Saturday when he asked her to rake the beach area, etc. and left early. So he was acting “weird” Saturday and “like he had the worst night of his life” on Sunday. This escalation in his behavior matches your theory perfectly! IMO

Last edited:
I think it's pretty clear that using people comes naturally.... but in this case, I'm not sure he intended for MG to hear his truck. JMO but I think, once she heard his truck, she called or texted him, perhaps assuming SHE was off by a day and he was there to get her. Fits with her getting ready fast. And if she texted to say, "I'm ready, where'd you go?" he'd HAVE to respond, hence the awkward timing of a conversation (4 am) that DID NOT need to happen at 4 am!!!!! Hearing him (his truck) IMO just wasn't supposed to happen so he had to improvise.

We'll see if the phone logs back this up. If she contacted him first on Sunday morning, then it was NOT his plan to get caught by her at her place. Had that not happened, I think he'd have called her, just not until a decent hour.

Question remains, WHY DID HE GO THERE?????

Did he use her dumpster? Did he borrow her vehicle?

JMO

Someone refresh my memory please, where is the link that says MG heard a truck at 4am that she thought was BM's? I know it's been posted here before but I cannot seem to locate it for the exact wording she used.

Someone refresh my memory please, where is the link that says MG heard a truck at 4am that she thought was BM's? I know it's been posted here before but I cannot seem to locate it for the exact wording she used.

I'm struggling to find it. I think the information came via an interview of MG by LS, perhaps part if the original interview where MG denied any affair, just released separately. Notable of course because it blows up his timeline.

JMO

I dug back through my own posts and found the first reference. Information comes from Nancy Grace. As I recall now, she had LS and others sound in. I'll post the video when I find it. Could be the one above, thanks, @swedeheart.

JMO

I'm struggling to find it. I think the information came via an interview of MG by LS, perhaps part if the original interview where MG denied any affair, just released separately. Notable of course because it blows up his timeline.

JMO
I wonder if BM showing up at MG's house at 4 a.m. was to make it look like they were having an affair. You know, the jealous mistress got rid of the wife kind of thing. It doesn't work at all for the rest of the scenario, but maybe that was part of his thinking at that time.
I'm very suspicious of all this meth talk with his workers too. In my experiences alcoholics and druggies blame things on alcoholics and druggies. Because that's their world they're living in.
jmo and all that jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member