Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, both! Shouldn't that be tracked down? Wouldn't one think that the person (or people) who supposedly saw here, would come forward? IMO, that is a VERY important part of this tragic enigmatic puzzle.

Tracked down by whom? Presumably LE knows about it, since AM was in contact with LE.

I do remember that at one point, LE said they had evidence that Suzanne was seen later than they originally thought. I assume it's this sandwich shop sighting. Perhaps it was from video from the shop. We don't know and we aren't allowed to sleuth sandwich shop workers.

Someone refresh my memory please, where is the link that says MG heard a truck at 4am that she thought was BM's? I know it's been posted here before but I cannot seem to locate it for the exact wording she used.
25:01
uh lauren speak to this that employee
25:04
uh basically says that around 4 00 a.m
25:08
not to confuse the issue but around 4 00
25:11
a.m senators
25:13
sunday morning she believes she hears
25:16
barry's truck
25:17
uh outside of her apartment and so
25:20
she gets into a panic like all right we
25:23
got to get going
25:24
and by that time you know he's gone
25:27
and then the phone calls comes into this
25:29
person who says hey get the crew
25:31
together
25:32
i'll meet you up there and by that time
25:34
they're on the road around 11 00 a.m

Wednesday Crime Stories: BOMBSHELL! Suzanne Morphew hubby caught searching dump for missing wife’s bike helmet

The transcript is in the media thread page 20 post #386.

I cannot get the similarities of this case and the Susan Cox Powell case, the kids are older yes, but none the less they were "camping". He is just as evasive as Josh Powell was and refuses to help in any way that is meaningful, he was the last to see his wife alive, and she is nowhere to be found (at this point). She had moved from where her family lived into an area that was easy to isolate her from friends and family. He moved out of the family home. I just see so many similarities with both cases, I hope this one ends much differently.

Last edited:
He could have been. As I recall, his bobcat was parked on the sidewalk with crime scene tape tied to it. The trailer was parked next to it. That doesn't mean he didn't use his on May 10th, but what about the lady at the Salida job site who heard machinery running about 11:30 Mother's Day weekend? I'm assuming that was Saturday night. Did he take the bobcat from that site or did he take a part off of it and use it on his? JMO
Yes! Like maybe the auger attachment?? Hmmm.....

25:01
uh lauren speak to this that employee
25:04
uh basically says that around 4 00 a.m
25:08
not to confuse the issue but around 4 00
25:11
a.m senators
25:13
sunday morning she believes she hears
25:16
barry's truck
25:17
uh outside of her apartment and so
25:20
she gets into a panic like all right we
25:23
got to get going
25:24
and by that time you know he's gone
25:27
and then the phone calls comes into this
25:29
person who says hey get the crew
25:31
together
25:32
i'll meet you up there and by that time
25:34
they're on the road around 11 00 a.m

Wednesday Crime Stories: BOMBSHELL! Suzanne Morphew hubby caught searching dump for missing wife’s bike helmet

The transcript is in the media thread page 20 post #386.

Thank you for tracking this down, now I remember it quite clearly.
CM speaking about this, and wanted LS to chime in (I can only assume LS is the one MG told all this to in the first place, and she shared it with the PE guys off record, at some point) but NG cuts him off, like she is want to do, and they never do get back to it.

I don’t think there was a sandwich sighting. I think everything was still pretty closed down. I’m going with that was here say. The bobcat is something I’d like to understand a bit better. So when he got home on Sunday from HIE he did not have it in tow but LE locked it down at the home? Jmo

Yeah, the timeline is critical in any homicide investigation. They’d want to account for every minute they can around the time of Suzanne’s disappearance. Part of that would be when she was last physically seen.
Why don’t I get the timeline? There is so much that throws me off. I don’t think she was seen after Friday night. This bothers me. I think there is some contact virtually on Saturday but not an actually siting of her. I think Suzanne was gone on Friday night. I don’t think the virtual on Saturday makes sense and I think that could be why her friend knew something was off. I think this is what bothers a lot of us with the time stamps etc. Was it really 8:30 or 12:30. None of the above because she was gone. My opinion only she was gone on Friday night.

I wonder if BM showing up at MG's house at 4 a.m. was to make it look like they were having an affair. You know, the jealous mistress got rid of the wife kind of thing. It doesn't work at all for the rest of the scenario, but maybe that was part of his thinking at that time.
I'm very suspicious of all this meth talk with his workers too. In my experiences alcoholics and druggies blame things on alcoholics and druggies. Because that's their world they're living in.
jmo and all that jazz
I definitely feel he was trying to set someone up to take the fall. Would LE have probable cause to search the property of any of BM’s employees? I’m absolutely not insinuating that I think any of his employees were willingly and/or knowingly involved in Suzanne’s disappearance or the cover-up. However, BM himself said he thought at least one of them could have been involved. We know his employees were out of town, waiting to complete a hastily arranged job, with improper tools and a supply order that never materialized. Is it possible someone was hiding/burying Suzanne on an employee’s property? It’s always really bugged me that he sent his crew out of town and arranged for them to be stuck there.

I definitely feel he was trying to set someone up to take the fall. Would LE have probable cause to search the property of any of BM’s employees? I’m absolutely not insinuating that I think any of his employees were willingly and/or knowingly involved in Suzanne’s disappearance or the cover-up. However, BM himself said he thought at least one of them could have been involved. We know his employees were out of town, waiting to complete a hastily arranged job, with improper tools and a supply order that never materialized. Is it possible someone was hiding/burying Suzanne on an employee’s property? It’s always really bugged me that he sent his crew out of town and arranged for them to be stuck there.
BAM!

I send my condolences to the entire Moorman family. I hope you all know how many people, a lot of them total strangers, like myself and a lot of others here, cry tears right along with you when you are talking about your daughter Suzanne and your sister Suzanne. I can't begin to imagine how difficult this is for all of you and our hearts, prayers and thoughts go out to you but please know Suzanne has touched our lives and we will never forget her or you, her family. God Bless You All.

(now I need to take a break away for awhile since I once again sit here in tears). I am so sorry.

Perhaps just not the employee's property but I wonder if they would ever have cause to search the good friend's property and perhaps a relative's property. JMO

Perhaps just not the employee's property but I wonder if they would ever have cause to search the good friend's property and perhaps a relative's property. JMO

I Preface this post with the fact I’m not an attorney - Searching the friend’s and a family member’s property may be a good idea...however, I don’t think LE could convince a judge to sign a SW bc they would have a difficult time proving “probable cause.” I don’t think evidence has led LE in those directions. The Fourth Amendment gives protection from unlawful searches.
All just MOO.
Search Warrant Requirements - FindLaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads