Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office has added that the area they are searching is a residential property. The property owner is fully cooperative and is not connected to #SuzanneMorphew's disappearance, the sheriff's office says. An update will be provided after the search.
This matches with a comment on the herald FB. I think I’m allowed to say that

Qmfr / BBM:
Snipped I still think that due to the press getting wind, they may comment sooner than later, whenever that is, something along the lines of “...during the course of our investigation, we were led to the location of x & x...”

Rsbm
Stephanie (Butzer) Rose
Based on info gathered during the investigation, the CBI says authorities are searching an area east of Salida today, off Highway 50.

I’ve been here too long. I can practically write these statements word for word these days. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wasn't a construction worker taken in by LE this week?

Interesting.....because, at this point assuming SM is gone: I'd just really really like the perp NOT to be who I think it is. It's heinous enough.

Be nice if that arrest could be verified.....of course, it's also possible there's accomplices...

JMO

I would be outright shocked to find out there's been a confession.

I think it's more likely the case that LE's been able to do a thorough analysis of someone's digital/electronic footprints, and that's led them to the location they're searching.

JMO.

Agreed. You don't have a confession without a perp walk. Presumably any arrests would have been announced/leaked already. However there may be one when the search is complete if they find what they are looking for.

Property being searched is residential; owner cooperating and not connected to Suzanne's disappearance (other than the fact LE is searching their property for her I suppose--maybe that was just phrased weirdly). Seems there must be an indirect connection at the very least, even though this person is not suspected of wrongdoing.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose

@stephaniebutzer

·
7m

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office has added that the area they are searching is a residential property. The property owner is fully cooperative and is not connected to #SuzanneMorphew's disappearance, the sheriff's office says. An update will be provided after the search.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter

Property Search Proceeding in Missing Person Case - by Ark Valley Voice Staff - Ark Valley Voice
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation has announced that based on information developed during the Suzanne Morphew missing person case, investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are conducting a search at a residential property on the east side of the Salida.

The property owner is fully cooperative with law enforcement and is not connected with the disappearance of Ms. Morphew. No details about the search are being released at this time. Additionally, it is not known how long this search will take law enforcement.

According to CBI Communications Director Susan Medina, the CBI says that there will be no updates during the search, but an update will be provided at the conclusion of the search.

Just MOO but how dumb can someone get (well, after murdering someone as in this case, which is dumb in the extreme never mind the ethics) to bury someone on a client’s project site? MOO. I will try to hope it’s just concrete and she’s still happy and alive somewhere...but I don’t believe that. MOO.

It makes me think of the Canadian serial killer who was a gardener/landscaper and buried body parts in pots at people's houses. I think I've remembered that correctly anyway..

Agreed. You don't have a confession without a perp walk. Presumably any arrests would have been announced/leaked already. However there may be one when the search is complete if they find what they are looking for.

Untrue. It happens all the time. A suspect will give up the location, and LE will go to that location to perform a search. Its only afterwards that the public finds out how LE found the victim/s.

My goodness, I wonder if that homeowner had some landscaping done recently?! I can’t even imagine! :eek::eek::eek:

Interesting.....because, at this point assuming SM is gone: I'd just really really like the perp NOT to be who I think it is. It's heinous enough.

Be nice if that arrest could be verified.....of course, it's also possible there's accomplices...

JMO
Just thinking out loud about construction work in general, not connected to any specific person here. Many construction workers do manual labor for contractors, who are their employers, right? Perhaps an unscrupulous manual laborer would be willing to do the boss's dirty work for the right price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar