Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EK on Twitter
Chaffee County Sheriff's Office has not yet confirmed any significant discoveries in the search for #SuzanneMorphew amid unconfirmed reports on social media. The fire chief, who is not part of the official investigation, said he believes LE is at a job site connected to husband
3:26 PM - 22 May 2020
That's a pretty impressive scoop/intel right there.

I would think they would need some pretty solid and specific evidence other than it just being one of his former job sites before they go around digging up peoples personal residences hoping to find something.

Yes you'd need a warrant and enough probable cause to justify causing potentially tens of thousands of dollars of damage on someone unconnected to the matter's property. Obviously finding a victim and prosecuting a case is most important but imagine you're the property owner who just got an expensive new deck! LE would want to be sure they were right.

Gregory Nieto
@greg_nieto

4m
CBI confirming another outdoor Search in Suzanne Morphew Case. Won’t comment until after Search over. We’re heading down.!
@channel2kwgn
@KDVR
#Friday

Looks like more media is on the way.

And newbies: this is exactly why they put up tents: to shield the reporters and helicopters from showing the recovery of a dead person’s remains.

Helicopters showed on the news Jessica Ridgeway’s partial remains. :(

"Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram told CrimeOnline that he believes investigators have blocked an area of County Road-105. He said that he had been told by a close friend of Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, who works as a landscaper and a volunteer firefighter in Chaffee County, that the increased police presence is at one of Barry Morphew’s former or current residential job sites. "

Omg... This is pretty big

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

19s
I’m headed to the area. Multiple agencies are searching at a residential property. The property owner is fully cooperative with law enforcement and is not connected with the disappearance of #suzannemorphew #MissingPerson
Poor Suzanne and her daughters. Also - Imagine being that property owner. Having a new patio poured, for example. And a body being potentially poured in with it. :(

Investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, and FBI are now searching a residential property on the east side of Salida, according to a Friday news release. They said the search is “based on information developed during the Suzanne Morphew missing person case.”

“The property owner is fully cooperative with law enforcement and is not connected with the disappearance of Ms. Morphew,” investigators said in the statement.

No other details about the search were released. Investigators said they don’t know how long the search will take.

Investigators searching Salida property in connection with Suzanne Morphew disappearance

Property being searched is residential; owner cooperating and not connected to Suzanne's disappearance (other than the fact LE is searching their property for her I suppose--maybe that was just phrased weirdly). Seems there must be an indirect connection at the very least, even though this person is not suspected of wrongdoing.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose

@stephaniebutzer

·
7m

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office has added that the area they are searching is a residential property. The property owner is fully cooperative and is not connected to #SuzanneMorphew's disappearance, the sheriff's office says. An update will be provided after the search.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
BBM:

Does it look like there's been any recent landscaping done on the exterior of that property?

I’m headed to the area. Multiple agencies are searching at a residential property. The property owner is fully cooperative with law enforcement and is not connected with the disappearance of #suzannemorphew #MissingPerson

Lauren Scharf on Twitter

Hey osu,
I sent you my number in a private message
Please call me if you can ok?
Thanks,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online