Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.
What could that be ?
Phone records, gps, a tip ?

I doubt GPS, if its one of his job sites it would be normal for his GPS to show there, a tip would have to be from somebody else who possibly was working the job with him that maybe saw something suspicious at the time and now has put two and two together, or maybe somebody has confessed.

Or lime? Either is bad in this context and the second is just inane. MOO.

Did someone say lime? I had nothing to do with it !

i certainly don’t mean to make light of this tragic subject but I couldn’t resist. We might need the (very small) chuckle before the day is out. Any time someone mentions tents during a search I get nervous.

"Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram told CrimeOnline that he believes investigators have blocked an area of County Road-105. He said that he had been told by a close friend of Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, who works as a landscaper and a volunteer firefighter in Chaffee County, that the increased police presence is at one of Barry Morphew’s former or current residential job sites. "

Omg... This is pretty big

Source:

DEVELOPING: Increased police presence in search for Suzanne Morphew; focus area may be husband’s former job site [Reports]

Well Ontario Mom, curious as to your thoughts. You have a lot more experience assessing LE's next move and theses cases in general, than I by far. If what is implied in that link and conversation is true, wouldn't you think a presser this afternoon is in order. It's only 1 pm in Colorado.
Since discussion of SM comments/rumors is not allowed, all I can really say is...

In this case, I believe the evidence LE has gathered so far is and has been, pointing them (all along) in one particular direction, and they're doing their due diligence to exhaust all tips & leads.
This particular Sheriff seems rock solid, just the facts ma'am, and unwavering. I'm impressed by his professionalism.
IF they do find her today, or evidence that might indicate she is no longer among the living, then yes I do believe they'll call a presser once the search at the current location is wrapped up.

Nancy Grace would hate my reply, wouldn't she? ;)

Property being searched is residential; owner cooperating and not connected to Suzanne's disappearance (other than the fact LE is searching their property for her I suppose--maybe that was just phrased weirdly). Seems there must be an indirect connection at the very least, even though this person is not suspected of wrongdoing.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose

@stephaniebutzer

·
7m

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
25m

"Not connected" just means whoever owns that property is not connected to her disappearance. That individual is not a suspect in this case. As of now, it doesn't mean anything more.

Did someone say lime? I had nothing to do with it !

i certainly don’t mean to make light of this tragic subject but I couldn’t resist. We might need the (very small) chuckle before the day is out. Any time someone mentions tents during a search I get nervous.
No chuckle right now. Sorry.

Denver Post

Law enforcement searching near Salida for missing Chaffee County woman
Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office
Suzanne Morphew
Authorities are searching a residential property on the east side of Salida for missing Chaffee County woman Suzanne Morphew.

Information developed during the investigation into Morphew’s whereabouts led police to the property, according to a Friday news release from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office. The FBI and Colorado Bureau of Investigation are part of the search, the news release said.

The property owner is not connected to Morphew’s disappearance and is cooperating with law enforcement, the news release said. Authorities do not know how long the search will take and said no updates will be provided while it is happening. They plan an update once the search is concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate