Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DEVELOPING: Increased police presence in search for Suzanne Morphew; focus area may be husband’s former job site [Reports]

Authorities in Colorado have reportedly cordoned off a road near the area where investigators have focused their search for missing mother Suzanne Morphew, who was reported missing on May 10.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s office has not yet confirmed any reports of a possible discovery in the search for Morphew. The Colorado Herald posted a photo on its Facebook page that was reportedly taken not far from Morphew’s Maysville home on Friday. The post notes a heavy police presence along with multiple evidence trucks at the scene.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office did not immediately respond to a request for comment, and a Public Information Officer assigned to handle media inquires about the missing persons investigation said via text message that she would be sending a news release on Friday. The PIO did not comment about unconfirmed reports circulating widely on social media Friday that investigators had made a significant discovery in the search for the 49-year-old woman.

Reached by phone, Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram told CrimeOnline that he believes investigators have blocked an area of County Road-105. He said that he had been told by a close friend of Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, who works as a landscaper and a volunteer firefighter in Chaffee County, that the increased police presence is at one of Barry Morphew’s former or current residential job sites. The Chaffee County Fire Department is not working with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office in the search for the missing mother, but Bertram had previously told CrimeOnline that some firefighters had volunteered to participate in an independent search.

A Fox 21 reporter said in a Twitter post on Friday that the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office confirmed they are searching for Morphew east of Salida, which neighbors Maysville
DEVELOPING: Increased police presence in search for Suzanne Morphew; focus area may be husband’s former job site [Reports]

Untrue. It happens all the time. A suspect will give up the location, and LE will go to that location to perform a search. Its only afterwards that the public finds out how LE found the victim/s.

It happens all the time? Defendants confess and LE lets them walk free to live their lives despite having probable cause for an arrest i.e. a confession? As a defense lawyer I've never had a client confess and LE say thank you, enjoy your afternoon. But what do I know.

EK on Twitter
Chaffee County Sheriff's Office has not yet confirmed any significant discoveries in the search for #SuzanneMorphew amid unconfirmed reports on social media. The fire chief, who is not part of the official investigation, said he believes LE is at a job site connected to husband
3:26 PM - 22 May 2020
Well this fire chief doesn’t seem to be sticking by BM

IF it comes out that she was killed and buried beneath concrete on the property of a homeowner who hired their company for some landscaping work...I just cannot fathom. This is already so sad and likely only to get worse as more facts are revealed to the public.

I would think they would need some pretty solid and specific evidence other than it just being one of his former job sites before they go around digging up peoples personal residences hoping to find something.

IF it comes out that she was killed and buried beneath concrete on the property of a homeowner who hired their company for some landscaping work...I just cannot fathom. This is already so sad and likely only to get worse as more facts are revealed to the public.

It is unbelievable. My thoughts are with her daughters right now.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office did not immediately respond to a request for comment, and a Public Information Officer assigned to handle media inquires about the missing persons investigation said via text message that she would be sending a news release on Friday. The PIO did not comment about unconfirmed reports circulating widely on social media Friday that investigators had made a significant discovery in the search for the 49-year-old woman.

Reached by phone, Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram told CrimeOnline that he believes investigators have blocked an area of County Road-105. He said that he had been told by a close friend of Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, who works as a landscaper and a volunteer firefighter in Chaffee County, that the increased police presence is at one of Barry Morphew’s former or current residential job sites. The Chaffee County Fire Department is not working with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office in the search for the missing mother, but Bertram had previously told CrimeOnline that some firefighters had volunteered to participate in an independent search.

A Fox 21 reporter said in a Twitter post on Friday that the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office confirmed they are searching for Morphew east of Salida, which neighbors Maysville

I am surprised the Fire Chief has the discretion of a Facebook commentator. You'd think LE would have asked him not to comment on open investigations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar