Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Feeling very much the same way, but totally understanding why we aren't to discuss certain things until they are public. It's very hard, and sometimes my brain doesn't keep things completely straight. That's why I try to follow just one case at a time - but even so, I make mistakes.

I totally missed that it has been publicly announced that it was GPR (ground penetrating radar, and neither sonar nor x-ray) that was used in this case. All three would locate a body shape or a body shaped void. GPR is really common though and almost all utility companies have subcontractors that do it - those same subcontractors also work for LE on occasion.
Where was that publicly announced? I feel like I just went through a time warp. I've literally been sitting here all day following this and suddenly there are all these new links and info that folks already knew. How in the world does that even happen?

It’s not unheard of that a cancer survivor decides to ask for divorce after finishing treatment even without infidelity. Some people just realize that life is to short to waste on an unhappy marriage. I personally saw that in our circle of friends twice. One male and one female. None of them were in a marriage with a lot of problems as far as I know, just it wasn’t giving them joy anymore. For us outsiders it was a complete surprise, ditto for their spouses.
I’m not saying this is what happened here. We will know it soon enough, I guess.

I think he got those two people to help him after the fact, and one of them confessed to save themselves.
BBM:

For those of us who followed the Kelsey Berreth case, we've had occasion to see the DA make a "deal with the devil" in order to secure a conviction against the murderer.

I'm just hoping we don't see the side piece in this case getting a deal similar to KK's.

From the pictures I've seen of the alleged side piece online, Barry appears to have traded in a priceless diamond for a cheap, tacky CZ.

Ugly inside and out.

JMO.

The beneficiary on the gimme fund appears to have changed...
I know I’m late to reply, but that changed some time ago - i had noticed the change last Saturday. (I Had mentioned it in a PM, or I probably would not be able to tell you exactly when I noticed.)

Apologies if this has already Been discussed.

Okay folks ... Tricia just called, and here's what she has to say.

We can't control the rumor mill nor can we confirm what is being said in those rumors. However, it's out there that a body has been found, there is talk of a mistress and barry has been arrested.

You may speculate on those rumors but please do not add to the rumor mill by adding more rumor.

And while everyone is all wow, omg and speechless, no one is supplying a link to anything but "youtube". Where in the world is everyone reading this news??

not officially by LE yet but a friend of Suzanne
told a lot of details. Barry is in custody along w/ 2 accomplices, a friend and a co-worker. Barry
shot her in their basement after she told him she wanted a divorce. Yes he buried her at his job site in concrete day after Mother's Day.
There is no basement in that house, though. So far none of this has been confirmed. It could all turn out to be a rumor. Jmo

It happens all the time? Defendants confess and LE lets them walk free to live their lives despite having probable cause for an arrest i.e. a confession? As a defense lawyer I've never had a client confess and LE say thank you, enjoy your afternoon. But what do I know.

Not as much as you think, apparently. As I said, looks like suspect/s were detained, questioned, and now LE allegedly found her. And yes, this has happened in numerous past cases.

The Chaffee County Jail confirmed to Denver7 that #SuzanneMorphew's husband is not in their custody.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter

Could he have tried to make a run for it and is being held at another jail? Or did they possibly not book him at Chaffee because of his "firefighter" status?? Or has he not been arrested, is he in the process of being questioned....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver