Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was shared in the last thread. Comments by BS <Admin Note: name changed to intials>. :eek::eek::eek:

This was exactly my prediction.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

Just a reminder that members are NOT allowed to bring social media rumours to Websleuths or to discuss comments made by general public on any MSM or social media article.

Do not discuss it, do not even hint at it unless/until it hits MSM.

ETA: Sorry if the above was not clear. It is okay to point members to a comment as mrsu did with simply a hint as to where to look (i.e. See comment by ABC at X o'clock)

Last edited:
Also does anyone know or has anyone shared previously if the neighborhood has trash pick up service and what day trash pickup was on?

Folks in the mountains must haul their own trash to:

Waste Management
Recycling Center
230 Jones Ave, Salida · (719) 539-6911
Closed · Opens tomorrow 7 AM

or to:

Chaffee County Landfill
Public Service & Government
16550 Us Highway 285, Salida · (719) 539-3738
Closed · Opens tomorrow 8 AM

Just a reminder that members are NOT allowed to bring social media rumours to Websleuths or to discuss comments made by general public on any MSM or social media article.

Do not discuss it, do not even hint at it unless/until it hits MSM.

Yes, I know can’t we discuss. Just pointing out comment. :)

Folks in the mountains must haul their own trash to:

Waste Management
Recycling Center
230 Jones Ave, Salida · (719) 539-6911
Closed · Opens tomorrow 7 AM

or to:

Chaffee County Landfill
Public Service & Government
16550 Us Highway 285, Salida · (719) 539-3738
Closed · Opens tomorrow 8 AM

Thank you. Interesting.

I keep seeing things about Suzanne going on her bike rides on Sundays before church... I find that so strange, does that mean they had been trying to get a hold of her all day? How could they assume she was out on her bike in the evening if she usually rides in the morning? Also the fire chief said he doesn't think she was at church Sunday morning... Sounds like she went missing early morning or maybe the day before.

How old is the truck the police took? New enough to have GPS/black box?
It appears that both the truck and her car were examined in the driveway and released back to him. They are in news video taken after LE finished and left (linked upthread). To answer your question, though, the truck appears to be a very late model Ford Super Cab. I believe all current models of Ford trucks have GPS and SYNC hardware as standard equipment. The SYNC communications system must be activated by the owner. My guess is that it was, as it would be very handy for him for work, as well as play.
I'm thinking the Ford truck is as reliable a witness as LE could ever hope to have. JMO

I keep seeing things about Suzanne going on her bike rides on Sundays before church... I find that so strange, does that mean they had been trying to get a hold of her all day? How could they assume she was out on her bike in the evening if she usually rides in the morning? Also the fire chief said he doesn't think she was at church Sunday morning... Sounds like she went missing early morning or maybe the day before.

My take on this is that the girls assumed she went on a bike ride in the morning as usual, and when they couldn't reach her throughout the day, that raised the alarm, since her bike rides wouldn't usually go that long. Therefore, a 911 call at 5:46pm indicated she could have been gone "biking" for over 8 hours--obviously too long, and worrisome.

As for not being in church that morning, I don't think that's relevant during the Covid-19 pandemic, when most churches are, or at least were at that time, doing online services. Even if their church had onsite services, she would be one, after chemo, that would probably be at higher risk, and need to not attend onsite church services.

MOO

It appears that both the truck and her car were examined in the driveway and released back to him. They are in news video taken after LE finished and left (linked upthread). To answer your question, though, the truck appears to be a very late model Ford Super Cab. I believe all current models of Ford trucks have GPS and SYNC hardware as standard equipment. The SYNC communications system must be activated by the owner. My guess is that it was, as it would be very handy for him for work, as well as play.
I'm thinking the Ford truck is as reliable a witness as LE could ever hope to have. JMO
The Daily Mail said they seized his vehicle. I doubt they would just look at it in the driveway and give it back, unless they do things differently in Colorado.

I'm not sure how covid-19 would impact the ability to communicate. The procedures for investigating a case are well-established by LE jurisdictions. Those procedures cover things like who gets contacted, which agencies get notified, protocol for evidence collection and all the boring bits of flotsam. Keeping the curious updated beyond the very basics of "we're still looking for...." is not going to happen covid-19 or not.

In addition, all the questions people list, and there are some really good ones, are not going to get answered by LE *unless* it's something they feel won't jeopardize their investigation.
I think Covid-19 impacts the reporters ability to be out and about, aggressively covering the story.

And it reduces the chances of the usual press conferences as well. JMO

"He said Suzanne was known to go for a bike ride on Sunday mornings before church, and said he did not believe she attended church on May 10, though he could not be certain."

Tristan posted:
BBM=Fascinating detail ^^^^.
Not really...churches weren’t even open yet, were they? And besides, she’s a cancer patient, she’d be out of her mind to go be around a group of people.

To clarify, I was not saying that it was a fascinating detail that she went to church on Sundays. I was referring to the statement that 'everyone knew she rode her bike every Sunday morning.'

That is what I find fascinating. It makes some things fall into place for me.

Pacing around staring out windows? He’s clearly strong and controlled. Lesser mortals would be weeping, distraught.
Ita.
"Lesser mortals" might be out searching , as well.
Looking everywhere in the woods, trails, or wherever ... until they dropped from exhaustion.
Even IF you thought someone kidnapped your loved one, wouldn't you be aggressively searching and doing everything you could ?
Amber Duboise' parents searched ceaselessly even though they believed she'd been taken.
Sadly they were correct.
Just saying what I'd do as well.

Looks to me like LE are completely done searching, and I see nothing visible that is tagged. The areas of the S. Arkansas bridge and the intersection of CR 225 and US50 are also devoid of tags. Nice video, though. Kudos to the drone operator. JMO

Helicopter. Not a drone. Looks like local media upped their game after they were scooped by the Daily Mail on the search.

"Video taken by Copter4 on Thursday shows Suzanne Morphew’s home and the remote part of Chaffee County she was believed to be biking in before she disappeared."
Missing Mother: Video Shows Remote Area Where Suzanne Morphew Was Biking

Ita.
"Lesser mortals" might be out searching , as well.
Looking everywhere in the woods, trails, or wherever ... until they dropped from exhaustion.
Even IF you thought someone kidnapped your loved one, wouldn't you be aggressively searching and doing everything you could ?
Amber Duboise' parents searched ceaselessly even though they believed she'd been taken.
Sadly they were correct.
Just saying what I'd do as well.
I’d be talking to every reporter I could if my wife was missing. Maybe not my first wife though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aburke