Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That huge house sitting surrounded by huge trees and brush with no neighbors nearby would give me the major creeps. It stand out like a sore thumb and being all alone in that house especially at night would be super creepy. I have no problem living alone but would have a problem in that big house with neighbor so far away. If you had to step outside at night for whatever reason I’m sure it’s pitch black unless lights are on. Wild animals could be lurking on the property at night too. I can’t believe poor Suzanne was all alone in that house with no working cameras. There is no way my loving husband would leave me alone overnight without checking cameras. No way. The cameras would be checked and working before he left. Has it been reported if BM was actually residing on the property with Suzanne? Could they have been separated? A good friend of mine and her husband who is a lieutenant for our local PD are well respected and known in our community for doing lots of charity work and go to my church but infidelity did occur. It caused problems in the marriage. They hid their unhappy marriage from the community. Big smiles and hugs when in public. They pretended everything was perfectly fine around others. He was living in an apartment outside of town not too far from her house. You Just never know what happens behind closed doors. I read the interview with the fire fighter and this came to mind. This case is baffling. I’m not making any assumptions until LE has more information to report.

I’m not disagreeing at all with your view of the danger with a house so isolated but just noting that others feel very safe in a place like that than in a more populated area—fewer people and, frankly, it’s humans who generally cause the most trouble (and others help, I know). It’s what you get used to in MOO.

Location of LE activity is 2.6 miles from SM house and there are lots of houses in that area ...

It's not, it's 15 miles ~

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose
@stephaniebutzer

Based on info gathered during the investigation, the CBI says authorities are searching an area east of Salida today, off Highway 50. The sheriff is not planning a press conference today. This is still considered a missing persons case, according to CBI just now. #SuzanneMorphew

bbm

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 11.57.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 11.57.47 AM.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 26
No press conference today??

Ugh.

Maybe they’re holding out for formal identification. Sometimes, after notifying family first of course, they’ll say “we have recovered a body we suspect to be the victim”, but maybe not this time. I figured since the media was already on it they may choose to comment, as that happens sometimes imo. Maybe they’re still in the recovery process.

Last edited:
The same reporter just posted this:

Sidenote: A missing persons case means authorities cannot yet confirm if the person is alive or dead... because they're *missing*

Don't believe everything you read in discussion groups, folks. Investigators have reasons for how, when and why they're doing what they're doing.

Distraught was not the demeanour that I inferred from the video. But I do hope you are right, for the sake of the daughters and also for civilisation in general.

I'm on the fence so I can't really be right or wrong about anything. Iow, if BLM was distraught in the video, there's no way to know what or who he was distraught about anyway... could have been distraught about himself, for all I know. His being distraught or not, leads to no certain conclusion for me.

But, I find that I can't make a decision based on what little has been made public. In this case in particular, for some reason, I'm just uncomfortable with jumping to any conclusions without knowing more... and usually we know so much more before analyzing a case.

I have suspicions based on past cases but feel like I can't really use that knowledge fairly and statistics are not always dependable because there are always exceptions to the statistics when dealing with individuals and I know next to nothing about the people involved (named and, perhaps, unnamed at this point in time.) Every aspect I think of; for example "staging" ... I can think of other logical (imo) alternatives to what looks like "staging."
Another example: CSI's searching of the couple's home... I can think of logical (imo) and non-nefarious reasons for LE searching the home. No matter what "road of thought" I go down I find roadblocks sending me off to consider "other, very possible (imo) scenarios." And, for some reason, it's this case that has me doing this.

I refuse to give any weight at all to SM or comments made at the end of MSM articles because I find it the most unreliable "information" of all. (Who are these people and what are their motivations in commenting the way they do?)

So.. I'm stuck until more LE or MSM information is released. I guess I'm waiting for that LE press conference or MSM's announcement of "Breaking News" which is "cheating" but it's all I have considering what I know; which is pretty much next to nothing from LE.
(Which is good, imo... more police departments should handle things this way, imo.)

Just saw this. CBI confirming search.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter

Great find, thank you so much!

SBR's from The Denver Channel, which is MSM, so we can definitely discuss this search that's happening at the location right now.

I think there's a very strong possibility that this search is based off of someone's digital/gps/electronic footprints.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member