Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office has added that the area they are searching is a residential property. The property owner is fully cooperative and is not connected to #SuzanneMorphew's disappearance, the sheriff's office says. An update will be provided after the search.

Well...

disturbing comment by JG here (should link directly to it). :eek:

The Colorado Herald

Well Ontario Mom, curious as to your thoughts. You have a lot more experience assessing LE's next move and theses cases in general, than I by far. If what is implied in that link and conversation is true, wouldn't you think a presser this afternoon is in order. It's only 1 pm in Colorado.

According to this it’s a residential property:

“The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office has added that the area they are searching is a residential property. The property owner is fully cooperative and is not connected to #SuzanneMorphew's disappearance, the sheriff's office says. An update will be provided after the search.”

—-

So they ARE going to update soon/after the search. Figured they would.

Curious... for anyone local:

Let's say, hypothetically, you wanted to have a new... concrete patio, or driveway, or some other kind of pretty concrete-ish type thing installed. :rolleyes:

Would you be required by the county or municipality to obtain a permit for that, and are those permits a matter of public record at all?
I know in some places they are, but maybe not everywhere.
I'm in the Denver metro area and did not need a permit for a 16' x 16' concrete slab in my backyard in 2017. may differ county to county tho? Not sure...

Curious... for anyone local:

Let's say, hypothetically, you wanted to have a new... concrete patio, or driveway, or some other kind of pretty concrete-ish type thing installed. :rolleyes:

Would you be required by the county or municipality to obtain a permit for that, and are those permits a matter of public record at all?
I know in some places they are, but maybe not everywhere.

Just my experience...more rural areas mean fewer permits needed or at least sought for such items. I’m also thinking someone burying a body might not stop to apply even if the concrete had a seemingly legitimate purpose like filling in an existing spot. MOO.

Thread is open again. Please read this before making another post.

The Rules (which every single member agrees to when they register for their account at WS) are specific about bringing rumors to Websleuths. In addition, this Admin Note was posted just last night:

I'm still in the process of reviewing the posts since last night. Members who started discussing the rumor resulting in this thread closure will be placed on a permanent thread reply ban. Other members who contributed to the rumor discussion in varying degrees and depending on their particular post, will receive varying lengths of a temporary thread reply ban.

Any member who starts the rumor discussion up again will be either permanently banned from this thread OR placed on a 1 week Time Out.

This is Websleuths, not some rumor-mongering gossip site. It really is possible to discuss a case without discussing rumors. Veteran members know this and we thank them for Reporting and not contributing.
Please read this post

BBM

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office has added that the area they are searching is a residential property. The property owner is fully cooperative and is not connected to #SuzanneMorphew's disappearance, the sheriff's office says. An update will be provided after the search.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
Imagine being this property owner?! :eek:

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose
Digital producer at
@DenverChannel

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter

Sounds like somebody may have confessed .....

Based on info gathered during the investigation, the CBI says authorities are searching an area east of Salida today, off Highway 50. The sheriff is not planning a press conference today. This is still considered a missing persons case, according to CBI just now.

I would be outright shocked to find there's been a confession in this case.

I think it's more likely the case that LE's been able to do a thorough analysis of someone's digital/electronic footprints, and that's led them to the location they're searching.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads