Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The connotation I got from BM saying someone known to her is that she was up to something she shouldn't have been. Known to her, not us. (Us meaning Barry and Suzanne.)
IMO, BM's speculation on "possible" scenario's is precisely the reason for initial suspicion. Figure out the why's and who's later. Just locate her!!

ME Ruling (hypothetical)?
What, if one day SM is found and nothing can be determined anymore after more than 7 months (or more): neither time of death nor manner of death. They will call it a suicide, if BM is supporting this assumption, I'm fearing, and I think, he will do it....
@FromGermany sbm
I am puzzled about idea that, under these ^ circumstances -
1. ME might be inclined to rule MoD as suicide.
2. ME's ruling on MoD would depend, in sum or part, on BM's support.
I may very well be missing something here.
If condition of SM's remains precludes determination of CoD and MoD, I believe ME in U.S. would likely rule her MoD as "undetermined."* my2cts

Last edited:
ME Ruling (hypothetical)?
@FromGermany sbm
I am puzzled about idea that, under these ^ circumstances -
1. ME might be inclined to rule MoD as suicide.
2. ME's ruling on MoD would depend, in sum or part, on BM's support.
I may very well be missing something here.
If condition of SM's remains precludes determination of CoD and MoD, I believe ME in U.S. would likely rule her MoD as "undetermined."* my2cts

Agreed. If the cause or manner of death cannot be determined, they would not say it was suicide because a spouse thinks it might be. It would be undetermined. IMO

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
What prompted the speculation about how someone was interviewed and if investigators handled it the right way?
bbm
Good comment.
Two loaded questions.
I'll volunteer an opinion.

Lavender bolded : In thread # 50 the Reid investigative techniques were mentioned. I'll admit that was an interesting read, and new to me !
Obviously, I am not LE.
As in if they were used maybe a misstep would've sparked LE's interest ?
We don't know at this time what LE had to say.
And none of us will be privy to that anytime soon as we're not flies on the wall and LE are treating this as a criminal investigation.

If it was a missing person LE would've posted information and recent photos of Suzanne and her biking clothing and the bike/helmet.
There was a lady who has sadly been found deceased where LE released Walmart footage of her on the day she vanished looking to buy some wine or soda.
We could see what she was wearing , how she looked, and to some degree --her mannerisms.
There was none of this in Suzanne's case.
The most recent video of her looked slightly different than the photos provided of her with the bike helmet.
This wasn't released until just recently; and not May 11th when it might have done some good.
We do know that the fbi and cbi were brought onto Suzanne's case early on.
And as far as we know-- BM arrived home that evening (he claims 9pm but that over two hours from where he said he was, so speculation.) and at some point that night LE decided the bike story didn't happen.
So what did LE ask BM ?
Did BM decide LE were out to ruin his life that very night ?
We don't know.
But theories and speculation are welcome, including yours. :)

Teal bolded : At this time I believe LE initially handled it as a missing person but something made them suspicious enough to conduct two searches at the residence and two tear up the foundation of a house BM had worked on.
I'd say that's enough reason to believe investigators are handling Suzanne's case correctly !

LE aren't going to back away and figuratively say -- "Ok, we give up. You're right. She was abducted by a mountain lion or a random kidnapper, while she was on a bike ride and washed away down a creek. Right where the personal items were found. And we've mishandled all of the evidence of a crime, even though there was no crime. Just a lady that went missing."

No.
They want justice for her if warranted, as do most of the rest of us.

Imo.

Not buying leaving with someone known to her willingly. You can walk away from your life, your spouse and your material things, but a mother walking away from two children she loves without another word (in a non-adoption scenario) is not high on my list in this case.

Not buying leaving with someone known to her willingly. You can walk away from your life, your spouse and your material things, but a mother walking away from two children she loves without another word (in a non-adoption scenario) is not high on my list in this case.
I agree.

I believe Suzanne loved her children and that's all I'm going to say on that topic.
Imo she did not leave that house alive and there's been no evidence to show that she walked or biked away from her life.
Ludicrous.
Suzanne may have wanted out but I think she would've accomplished this through legal channels; and this may have been her undoing.
Sadly.
Imo.

I agree. In as much as we can know a stranger, I do think Suzanne was conscientious about her health. She would not have voluntarily decided to forgo her scheduled medical appointment.

It appears that the turning point in this investigation came the night of May 10th.
LE have never said what time BM arrived home but that is to be expected as it's part of the investigation.

The timing feels 'off' and whatever exchanged BM had with LE it appears that it was short, cut off too soon, or disregarded entirely.
As in -- LE asking where he was, and why the neighbor had to be the one to call 911, etc.

And it's possible BM did not answer a single question but wanted to know what LE were doing about it and why were they at BM's house at all when Suzanne obviously vanished on a bike ride several miles from home ?

We aren't privy to the conversation -- but one can speculate.
BM: "Why are you cops here ? You need to look on Hwy __ and along the creek and wherever else I tell you to search ? Your presence here is not helping find her."
Etc.
Yep, I'm sure he must have been full of indignation just because LE had the nerve to question him at all.

I agree. In as much as we can know a stranger, I do think Suzanne was conscientious about her health. She would not have voluntarily decided to forgo her scheduled medical appointment.
She was conscientious about her health.
She was conscientious about her daughters.
She was conscientious about the wedding that was going on.
And @Auntie Cipation pointed out:
She was conscientious of her Father's illness and then death.

No way was she walking away from any of that...

Last edited:
Yes:
(bolding by me)

"[Barry] Morphew's not sure what happened to Suzanne but theorized maybe she had been attacked by an animal, involved in an accident with someone driving on the road or crossed paths with someone who knew her."

Husband of Missing Mom Suzanne Morphew Said Police Botched Case | PEOPLE.com
Husband of Missing Mom Suzanne Morphew Said Police Botched Case, Are Trying to 'Blame It on Me'
What's interesting Imo is that if this genius had kept to one theory and not such wildly varying stories.....
The most plausible one he could have come up with (& even then I don't believe sheriff Spezze would've bought it ;) ) is that Suzanne left him.

Side note : I wonder if L:E asked about any security footage in or around the house... and what the reply was ? And was that when the doodoo hit the fan ?
MOO

We are interrupting your thread to tell you something very important.

We are holding a week-long fundraiser for our wonderful moderators.

The mods volunteer their time to keep Websleuths not only running smoothly but they literally keep Websleuths running period.

Without the mods, Websleuths would not be anything close to the forum it is today. More than likely without the mods Websleuths would not be here period!

CLICK RIGHT HERE AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO PAYPAL SO YOU CAN DONATE TO THE WEBSLEUTHS MODERATORS!

If you would rather use Venmo the name to use is Tricia-Griffith-14

Please do not donate unless you can truly afford to do so. We completely understand if you cannot donate.
If you want you can leave a message for our wonderful mods! JUST CLICK HERE and you will be taken to a thread where you can leave your message and that has more information on the moderator's incredible work.

From my heart and soul, I cannot thank the moderators enough for their dedication, compassion, and hard work.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
PS. Please do not discuss the fundraiser on this thread. The mods will kill me.

We are interrupting your thread to tell you something very important.

We are holding a week-long fundraiser for our wonderful moderators.

The mods volunteer their time to keep Websleuths not only running smoothly but they literally keep Websleuths running period.

Without the mods, Websleuths would not be anything close to the forum it is today. More than likely without the mods Websleuths would not be here period!

CLICK RIGHT HERE AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO PAYPAL SO YOU CAN DONATE TO THE WEBSLEUTHS MODERATORS!

If you would rather use Venmo the name to use is Tricia-Griffith-14

Please do not donate unless you can truly afford to do so. We completely understand if you cannot donate.
If you want you can leave a message for our wonderful mods! JUST CLICK HERE and you will be taken to a thread where you can leave your message and that has more information on the moderator's incredible work.

From my heart and soul, I cannot thank the moderators enough for their dedication, compassion, and hard work.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
PS. Please do not discuss the fundraiser on this thread. The mods will kill me.
PayPal button not working for Europe, TRicia?

I hope and pray they have or will manage to procure every single bit of evidence they need to convict and I wouldn't mind seeing another strongly worded public announcement that will manage to elicit what they need, specify whether the person she loved was male or female (she loved many people, ref) and special protection to come forward, anonymously , if they are afraid.
and if they then throw in a red herring, a hint of what they may already have, new tips etc, site specific, maybe and geolocated.. that could be very useful too..
MOO

There are so many reasons BM looks guilty. To me the most compelling is that he was outside MG house at 4am on Sunday mornings. Why would he leave his house in the middle of the night, drive to MG’ s house at 4am to call her from outside the gate, then drive back to his house, then leave his house again at 5am. Throw in the construction site noise at 11/12pm and in my opinion whatever BM was doing he was definitely not sleeping at home.

No arrest by next May wouldn’t make BM smarter, nor make LE incompetent. It just may take that long or longer, to be able to work though the evidence to make the case in court to prove that SM died by homicide and tie BM to it.

There was a case a few days ago where an ex-boyfriend was charged nearly 20 years after the body of Rebeca Pena was found floating inside a suitcase in the Biscayne River Canal in Miami.

No need to rush it. Given more time, a witness may talk, her body could be found (unlikely, but still possible), or BM could slip up and talk. Better that the prosecution takes their time and gets all they can to make their best case. If they don’t, and they rush it to court, he could be acquitted. Then later, if the prosecution discovers new evidence of a defendant’s guilt after the initial trial, too bad. He’s protected from double jeopardy.

We have a saying at work when someone presses us for a timeline that cannot be determined. “It takes what it takes.”

There will be an arrest when they have what it takes to make it happen - and make it stick.

jmo
I’m impatient, I know. It’s just that right now, someone’s getting away with murder, and making it look easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member