Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's revive this now that unsolved mysteries on Netflix focused on this case.

I'm very interested to find out what Patrice's husband's timeline and proof of alibi are. The detectives mentioned that he was not ruled completely out with his time card or gas station receipt.

(Netflix Unsolved Mysteries, Episode 2.)

I recently watched the Netflix series of Unsolved Mysteries, and Patrice’s case made me think about SUZANNE.

Patrice Endres was missing for 20 months (iirc) before her remains were found, quite by chance. Two men working on a church addition noticed some buzzards circling in the woods behind the church building. They went to see why the birds were there, and found a dead deer.

But one man noticed something on the ground behind the other man, and that something turned out to be Patrice’s skull.

I think SUZANNE will be found this way, by a hiker, a hunter, a logger, someone doing something else who comes upon her remains.

Holly Bobo was found by ginseng hunters. Kara Kopetsky and Jessica Runions, killed ten years apart by the same man (okay, allegedly, as he hasn’t gone to trial yet), were found by a mushroom hunter several months after Jessica went missing.

Many others have been found in the same way. So I’m prayerful the universe will one day reveal SUZANNE’s remains.

I recently watched the Netflix series of Unsolved Mysteries, and Patrice’s case made me think about SUZANNE.

Patrice Endres was missing for 20 months (iirc) before her remains were found, quite by chance. Two men working on a church addition noticed some buzzards circling in the woods behind the church building. They went to see why the birds were there, and found a dead deer.

But one man noticed something on the ground behind the other man, and that something turned out to be Patrice’s skull.

I think SUZANNE will be found this way, by a hiker, a hunter, a logger, someone doing something else who comes upon her remains.

Holly Bobo was found by ginseng hunters. Kara Kopetsky and Jessica Runions, killed ten years apart by the same man (okay, allegedly, as he hasn’t gone to trial yet), were found by a mushroom hunter several months after Jessica went missing.

Many others have been found in the same way. So I’m prayerful the universe will one day reveal SUZANNE’s remains.

Thanks for this, @windrower. I sure hope so, too.

Having lived here my whole life, I'm sad in many ways how crowded Colorado is getting. But that's a good thing for finding Suzanne, because not many places are truly remote anymore, and those that are, BM is unlikely to have the fitness, skill, or timeframe to access. There are many hikers, bikers, climbers, campers and hunters enjoying every wilderness space. If she's out there, it's likely she'll be found.

To me, given BM's business that includes dirt and digging, I think Suzanne is likely buried deeply. Also likely the earth above is compacted and the surface made to look natural. MOO

Oh, I totally understand. But even if SUZANNE is buried deeply, I’m asking for her to be revealed, asking for that “what are the chances” thing happening, resulting in her being found.

I’d also be perfectly happy for a search team to find her.

Iirc, the mushroom hunter who found Kara Kopetsky and Jessica Runions was on private property, without permission. So he shouldn’t even have been where he was. And yet, there he was, in the very place another trespasser had left two bodies.

That’s the kind of thing I’m fascinated with, the strange and wonderful ways in which our energies and decisions have an outcome that could not have been predicted.

Speeding Tickets? Highway Cam's Recording?
I live in the area. I wouldn't rely on this... It's not as much as you portray here and it really depends on which road you are traveling, whether they have cameras active, etc.
@sunflowerchick Yes, speeding ticket cam's do not necessarily record still pix or vid of traffic for other purposes. May take just still pix for the tickets. It would be great if the perp's vehicle was captured, saved & reviewed.

If involved in SM's disappearance and towing a Bobcat, & if BM was caught on any cam, seems a piece of construction equipment like that on a trailer would be more readily identified than just a plain old pickup or passenger vehicle.imo.

I still think Suzanne was abducted by someone known or unknown to her. Still think the mountain lion is a possibility.

....bolded by-me with all due respect
No drag marks.
I read they “hide their kill” only to return later.
So no evidence of that...
IMO she was not with the bike or at that location on that day.

MOO

Hey Everyone,

Forgive me for interrupting your discussion

The Websleuths moderators are the reason why Websleuths runs smoothly and is one of the most respected true crime discussion forums in the world.

Websleuths moderators are all volunteers.
That's why from now until Thursday, Dec. 24th we are asking those who can afford to do so to please donate to our moderator fund-raiser. We will divide all the money raised among the moderators.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE USING PAYPAL
If you would rather use Venmo the name is: Tricia-Griffith-14

Please DO NOT make a donation unless you can absolutely afford to do so.

With every fiber of my being, I want our moderators to know how much I personally appreciate it and how grateful I am for all their hard work.

Without our mod team today Websleuths could not function.

We all completely understand if you cannot make a donation however, I ask that you leave a comment for the mods on our special thread which you can get to by CLICKING HERE!

Thank you very much,
Tricia
PS PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ON THIS THREAD. THE MODS WILL KILL ME.

He may have arrived and then left with the bobcat.

Also one thing I know about living in Colorado when you're close to Denver or Colorado Springs, if you're speeding you're going to get zapped and they're going to send you a ticket!! lol!!

They take pictures pictures pictures. If that Bobcat was being hauled by Barry there's going to be a picture(s).

I'm getting deja vu of Patrick Frazee and pictures of a tote in the back of his truck...
I think you're right. BM may or may not have gone through Colorado Springs, but the fastest route from Salida to Broomfield is US 285, and it takes you through much of the western urban areas including a stretch of interstate highway that's monitored.

Since he left so early, I wonder if he took US 50 to Penrose, CO 115 to Colorado Springs, I-25 and US 36 to Broomfield. If his plan was to bury SM on his way, my recollection is there are more likely opportunities along this route, especially between Penrose and CS, and less traffic in the early morning. There's another way, too, if he really had a lot of time and knew the territory. Maybe that's changed from when I drove the area.

I know the route was discussed on a much earlier thread. Was there a consensus on the choice?

One other observation that sticks in my mind is that there were no landfill searches in the time frame one would expect, if LE believed SMs remains were placed in a dumpster. Have I missed something here? What would BM's downside risk be in finding a dumpster along the way, and would he have known to avoid that risk? This seems to be the thing a man who killed his wife in a sudden rage then put together a hasty plan to hide her body could do. Using the Bobcat would have some disadvantages, it seems to me.

I have always inferred from the MSM information about the Salida worksite, the nocturnal noise there, BM's admission that he worked on his Bobcat at some point, and the Broomfield wall crew's statements that BM did about 30 minutes of prep work and left them the wrong tools for work on a retaining wall, that BM took the Bobcat with him to Broomfield. I seem to recall but can't now find an aerial photo from Monday, May 11 showing BM's truck, trailer, and Bobcat parked outside the home which I took as confirmation that the Bobcat was among the tools he took to Broomfiel
^^rsbbm

Respectfully, I don't believe there's been confirmation that BM transported the bobcat to Broomfield. To my knowledge, the Contractor that hired BM to perform the wall work stated (interview with Fox21 LS) that a bobcat would have been handy for the tasks required but he also had no knowledge if BM took a bobcat to the job.

Given that BM allegedly did no more than 30 minutes of prep work at the wall site, it does not follow that he would not leave the bobcat for the crew to perform the work if he did transport the equipment. Then again, one would expect that BM would have also ordered the necessary materials for the job and that did not happen either.

Also, PP residence has a pullout behind a shrub wall specifically designed for BM to park his trailer and equipment from view. His trailer/bobcat are always seen parked there.

MOO

Speeding Tickets? Highway Cam's Recording?
@sunflowerchick Yes, speeding ticket cam's do not necessarily record still pix or vid of traffic for other purposes. May take just still pix for the tickets. It would be great if the perp's vehicle was captured, saved & reviewed.

If involved in SM's disappearance and towing a Bobcat, & if BM was caught on any cam, seems a piece of construction equipment like that on a trailer would be more readily identified than just a plain old pickup or passenger vehicle.imo.

I'm hoping we will eventually learn that the bad actor was caught on camera documenting their movements during the key time and showing whatever was in their truck bed and trailer, in much the same way as Patrick Frazee -- bank drive-up window camera, fast food drive thru camera, Walmart, etc etc.

@MassGuy The 3-4 hour timeline is likely between the time noise was heard at the construction site (11-12pm per media reports) and MG assertion that BM was outside her house at 4am. He then may have returned to the Puma path house (possibly picked up the bike), and left st 5am and drove to Broomfield. He may have taken the bike with him and dumped it along the way.
Is there any clarity on the whereabouts of the Bobcat? I vaguely recall yellow tape tied on it during the May 10th search of the house.
Was there also one at the construction site? Did he take it that night from the construction-site back to his house? BM seems very keen to explain that ‘mechanical thing story’. Did he take a bobcat to Broomfield? To me the key is why was he outside MGs house? When did MG inform the workers they were needed in Broomfield? Why did MG need to rake out a site on Sunday morning, when she was also assembling a crew and driving to work in Broomfield.

@MassGuy The 3-4 hour timeline is likely between the time noise was heard at the construction site (11-12pm per media reports) and MG assertion that BM was outside her house at 4am. He then may have returned to the Puma path house (possibly picked up the bike), and left st 5am and drove to Broomfield. He may have taken the bike with him and dumped it along the way.
Is there any clarity on the whereabouts of the Bobcat? I vaguely recall yellow tape tied on it during the May 10th search of the house.
Was there also one at the construction site? Did he take it that night from the construction-site back to his house? BM seems very keen to explain that ‘mechanical thing story’. Did he take a bobcat to Broomfield? To me the key is why was he outside MGs house? When did MG inform the workers they were needed in Broomfield? Why did MG need to rake out a site on Sunday morning, when she was also assembling a crew and driving to work in Broomfield.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
When MG commented that it looked like BM only did a half hours work and moved some dirt, I'll bet that's what she could see, and under the impression he worked without a Bobcat himself.

But I think he DID have a Bobcat there, and arguably not his own. In fact, I think HIS Bobcat may have already been taped off at PP by LE before BM returned to Maysville.

I think it's possible that BM didn't leave a Bobcat for his crew because 1. He needed to return it before it was missed and 2. He wanted to make sure no one did any digging at the wall.

I wonder if BM drove up to the scene of the riderless bike with an empty trailer in tow.

Just why exactly did he go to Broomfield? He was neither needed nor helpful. He could've stayed home and prepared his supply list for first thing Monday morning. If the wall mattered to him.

I think the most damning detail of all won't be what he was doing in Broomfield. It'll be whose phones were in the house when Suzanne went suddenly quiet.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member