Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AM did the best he could. I think some of his info may have been second hand, or not directly from LE. I don’t think for a minute that Andy lied once, or deliberately distorted the truth. I also think LE knows who their suspect is, but they don’t feel their case is strong enough at this time, without a body. And he knows they know.
I agree . I think they need to find SM. I mean can you imagine the pure frustration? The heartbreak her family is feeling ? Not Barry .... he’s moving on ... IMO. He wants this all to go away...

Moo

I don’t know if I’d consider a family member who’s at odds with BM as a credible source. He’s viewing things through a filter and doesn’t have all the information. In more than one interview he said that CBI shared info with him. In one of his last interviews he says they absolutely wouldn’t share info with him to protect the integrity of the case. So which AM are we supposed to believe? I think he’s given far too much credit than deserved.

I agree with you.

Further, my concern last year when AM started to speak mainly on PE, was the info he was putting out might have come from the PE guys themselves. Whoever their (PE) sources are, who knows (it's no surprise to most here I don't find PE credible). AM might have been repeating what PE told him. I do think when AM went to CO in preparation for his search, he talked to people who gave him info. Was it true? Don't know.

I also believe PE guys instigated/aggravated the growing tension between AM and BM during that time. I believe they did the same between AM and LE.

I really never believed this super tight lipped LE team gave him investigation details such as the house smelled like bleach, coolers were missing, BM didn't take a polygraph or a voice analysis. Someone else might have told AM that, but I don't believe it was LE.

I also made the same observation as you when AM's search concluded. I remember feeling very proud of him for what he accomplished (still do). I also remember feeling like he felt defeated because he didn't find his sister, and by LE remaining tight lipped. I believe before he left, LE had a very respectful private conversation with him as the brother of the missing woman they were still investigating.

All my unpopular opinion.

I think AM did the best he could. I think some of his info may have been second hand, or not directly from LE. I don’t think for a minute that Andy lied once, or deliberately distorted the truth. I also think LE knows who their suspect is, but they don’t feel their case is strong enough at this time, without a body. And he knows they know.
I agree 100% @DizzyB. If you go back and listen to some of AM interviews, he says things like “yes, that is what I understand”, or “that’s what I was told” (paraphrased) etc., indicating without having to say it that he heard the info 2nd hand. AM is acutely aware of which info he’s heard 2nd hand, and owns it via his statements IMO. Does he sometimes mix up info he’s heard 2nd hand when recalling/retelling, possibly, but I won’t fault him in any way for that, considering what he was and is going through. AM is not distorting any truths.
AM also clearly states in several interviews including on National television Dr. Phil interview that a CBI agent told him about the LDT and CVSA tests, meaning he was told this info directly by LE.
It is a fact that LE sometimes shares some limited info with victims’ close family members, it happens. And this info was told to Andy by LE early on. Why on earth would AM say that, on Nat’l Television no less, if it wasn’t true. He wouldn’t IMO. What I do believe is LE/CBI probably didn’t want that info leaked, and stopped sharing intimate details of the investigation with AM. I can’t fault AM for letting that info out, he was trying to find his little Sister, impassioned, determined and most likely exhausted from all the stress.
I can’t even imagine what he was and is going through. Anyone remember seeing/hearing BM putting forth the amount of effort AM has to find Suzanne???

AM is also on record early on speaking highly of BM, and that he wants nothing more than to believe his BIL to be innocent of any wrongdoing, and I really believe AM gave BM every benefit of doubt that he could, until it became abundantly clear to him that he could no longer.

Let’s not forget AM organized a massive search for his sister, BM’s wife of three decades, which BM neither helped with nor participated in. In fact, in true BM form, he paid Andy back by disparaging him and calling AM’s massive search for HIS wife a “publicity stunt”.
It goes on and on, but you get the gist.

All of the above is IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I agree 100% @DizzyB. If you go back and listen to some of AM interviews, he says things like “yes, that is what I understand”, or “that’s what I was told” (paraphrased) etc., indicating without having to say it that he heard the info 2nd hand. AM is acutely aware of which info he’s heard 2nd hand and owns it via his statements IMO.
AM also clearly states in several interviews including on National television Dr. Phil interview that a CBI agent told him about the LDT and CVSA tests, meaning he was told this info directly by LE. It is a fact that LE sometimes does share some limited info with close family members, it happens. Why on earth would AM say that, on Nat’l TV no less, if it wasn’t true. He wouldn’t IMO. What I do believe is LE/CBI probably didn’t want that info leaked, and stopped sharing intimate details of the investigation with AM. I can’t fault AM for letting that info out, he was trying to find his little Sister, impassioned, determined and most likely exhausted from all the stress.
I can’t even imagine what he was and is going through. Anyone remember seeing/hearing BM putting forth the amount of effort AM has to find Suzanne???

AM is also on record early on speaking highly of BM, and that he wants nothing more than to believe his BIL to be innocent, so I really believe AM gave BM every benefit of doubt that he could, until it became abundantly clear he could no longer.

Let’s not forget AM organized a massive search for his sister, BM’s wife of three decades, which BM neither helped with or participated in. In fact, in true BM form, he paid Andy back by disparaging him and calling AM’s massive search for HIS wife a “publicity stunt”.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzsnneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
In my opinion Andy did what a devastated, concerned husband should be doing. Barry is not acting right he hasn’t acted right and he still isn’t. I don’t think we’ve heard the end of Andy either I really think he will be back and he will be back louder.
Moo

I agree 100% @DizzyB. If you go back and listen to some of AM interviews, he says things like “yes, that is what I understand”, or “that’s what I was told” (paraphrased) etc., indicating without having to say it that he heard the info 2nd hand. AM is acutely aware of which info he’s heard 2nd hand, and owns it via his statements IMO. Does he sometimes mix up info he’s heard 2nd hand when recalling/retelling, possibly, but I won’t fault him in any way for that, considering what he was and is going through. AM is not distorting any truths.
AM also clearly states in several interviews including on National television Dr. Phil interview that a CBI agent told him about the LDT and CVSA tests, meaning he was told this info directly by LE.
It is a fact that LE sometimes shares some limited info with victims’ close family members, it happens. And this info was told to Andy by LE early on. Why on earth would AM say that, on Nat’l TV no less, if it wasn’t true. He wouldn’t IMO. What I do believe is LE/CBI probably didn’t want that info leaked, and stopped sharing intimate details of the investigation with AM. I can’t fault AM for letting that info out, he was trying to find his little Sister, impassioned, determined and most likely exhausted from all the stress.

AM is also on record early on speaking highly of BM, and that he wants nothing more than to believe his BIL to be innocent of any wrongdoing, and I really believe AM gave BM every benefit of doubt that he could, until it became abundantly clear he could no longer.

Let’s not forget AM organized a massive search for his sister, BM’s wife of three decades, which BM neither helped with nor participated in. In fact, in true BM form, he paid Andy back by disparaging him and calling AM’s massive search for HIS wife a “publicity stunt”.

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Very nicely said!! I’m a big fan of AM. He wears his heart on his sleeve. Everyone should be lucky enough to have a brother like him! God bless him for all he’s done to find his little sister ❤️.

My mom used to always tell me “ you are who you hang out with” . Barry shouldn’t insult the people he was once close with ....

Moo
Those were his employees, not friends or people he hung out with.

When you look at his statements regarding these people (meth and prison record) he’s saying you should take what these people say with a grain of salt. They lack credibility. LE works from the same perspective. BM didn’t throw shade on these people until they started throwing their tomatoes. Also of note, BM has never said anything derogatory in AM’s direction.

When you look at his statements regarding these people (meth and prison record) he’s saying you should take what these people say with a grain of salt. They lack credibility. LE works from the same perspective. BM didn’t throw shade on these people until they started throwing their tomatoes. Also of note, BM has never said anything derogatory in AM’s direction.
I would consider BM calling the search AM organized a "publicity stunt" to be some serious shade.

Disagree that they lack credibility. That was Barry's intention. LE works from all angles... they dont discredit someone because a husband of a missing woman calls his employee a meth head.

MOO

I would consider BM calling the search AM organized a "publicity stunt" to be some serious shade.
and lets not forgot ..."Suzanne would cry to me" according to Barry how her siblings didnt talk to her? I would imagine Barry treads very lightly around Andy....

Throwing shade ? Yep, I think so anyway.

Moo

Last edited:

They were throwing tomatoes by telling LE their version of (sketchy) events? They lacked credibility because of their pasts, sure, but that's exactly the way he planned that to go, IMO.

BM didn’t throw shade on these people until they started throwing their tomatoes. Also of note, BM has never said anything derogatory in AM’s direction.

RSBM

The fact that BM did throw shade on both MG and JP, just comes back to make him look bad, regardless of who said what, first. Oddly though, I don't recall any actual tomatoes from either JP or MG.

JP gave his impression of the room, the way things looked, and how it all seemed odd to him, almost like an alibi. That's really all we've heard from JP. Tomato? Not really, just one guy's impression.

MG hadn't even spoken to LS yet before BM fired her for handing over her phone (according to her, anyway). Then when she told someone what he did and that he was acting weird that weekend, he lobbed another public insult her way. Tomato, or truth that BM didn't want people to know?

To me, neither of these folks deserved the trashing they got from BM. It just comes back to make him look like a jerk.

jmo

I don’t know if I’d consider a family member who’s at odds with BM as a credible source. He’s viewing things through a filter and doesn’t have all the information. In more than one interview he said that CBI shared info with him. In one of his last interviews he says they absolutely wouldn’t share info with him to protect the integrity of the case. So which AM are we supposed to believe? I think he’s given far too much credit than deserved.
RBBM

Correct, and he never changed or backed off from his statement that CBI told him early on in the investigation about the tests and BM vehicle EVI not matching up w/ his timeline. As far as his most recent statement made several months later, that LE is tight lipped and not sharing info with him, goes to my earlier point, that LE didn’t want the LDT/CVSA/Vehicle EVI info leaked, therefore, it follows that they wouldn’t further share any more intricate info/details about the investigation with AM.

It’s not a question of which AM are we supposed to believe.
IMO AM is credible, I accept and believe his statements to be the truth.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
RBBM

Correct, and he never changed or backed off from his statement that CBI told him early on in the investigation about the tests and BM vehicle EVI not matching up w/ his timeline. As far as his most recent statement made several months later, that LE is tight lipped and not sharing info, goes to my earlier point, and follows that LE didn’t want the LDT/CVSA/Vehicle EVI info leaked, therefore, they stopped sharing intimate details about the investigation with AM.
IMO, it’s not a question of which AM are we supposed to believe.
AM is credible, and both statements are true.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
I’m glad you commented about this, its truly been bothering me because there is no way Andy IMO would publicly lie about what the CBI said . That’s why I say too ... that Barry probably is treading pretty lightly around what he says about Andy now.
Moo

Yeah...Birds of a feather stick together...and a leopard cannot change its spots...Both apply to BM, IMO.
Exactly right and when you work around someone as frequently as he did especially with MG, I would say there were friends too. He just abruptly stopped Bc she did the right thing and said what she knew in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot