Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM: I agree unlikely, but definitely possible:

Police: 5 dead in Idaho after murders, suicide

This was my cousins children and grandchildren (and an unfortunate bystander). The guy drove all the way from Iowa to Idaho (almost non-stop) to do this. People that are obsessed and/or possessive can be quite determined and dangerous. MOO.

That said, MOO is that did not happen in this case.
Very sorry for your loss. What a horrific incident. And you are right. Not likely probable in the Morphew case but entirely possible. Out of curiosity, did he know the parents were out of town?

I’m still not convinced of his guilt, but that’s how that video came off to me. His bizarre comment (paraphrasing) - if Suzanne could save one person she would think it’s worth it. Then his God talk (I tread lightly here). Maybe BM thinks she was interacting with someone on social media that she thought she could trust. She’s a lesson for all now.

I’ll say it. I think that home was weird with it’s ideals with who is good vs. who is bad. I’ll leave it at that to stay within TOS.

IMO
IF BM had knowledge of any person interacting with SM he would have told police and they would traced down that person. Found evidence of interacting.

MOO Like the 'Bobcat' theory, the 'Being too friendly was her downfall' theory is material put out there by BM.
He is no judge, he reportedly could not even be polite to her cancer support group or to her infusion roommates.

IF BM had knowledge of any person interacting with SM he would have told police and they would traced down that person. Found evidence of interacting.

MOO Like the 'Bobcat' theory, the 'Being too friendly was her downfall' theory is material put out there by BM.
He is no judge, he reportedly could not even be polite to her cancer support group or to her infusion roommates.
He would of absolutely spilled that she was talking to someone from the jump ! In fact he most likely wishes he had something like that he could use ... but he doesn’t .
On the other hand , Barry ... there is a TON of really really shady things he’s done . So yea, I definitely agree SM was the nicer of the 2. How crazy that after all the stuff he’s pulled ... the hotel , the urgency for the job , the lies on timeline , the behavior from him ... he’s still not arrested ??

I mean the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming .

moo

Very sorry for your loss. What a horrific incident. And you are right. Not likely probable in the Morphew case but entirely possible. Out of curiosity, did he know the parents were out of town?
Thank you. Uncertain, but he may well have. The parents were in Salt Lake City, because my cousin was getting treatment for cancer (he has recovered). You raise a good point. If this had been the situation in the Morphew case, the traveling individual would have likely been looking for the opportunity. But the opportunity was very last minute, making it even more unlikely. MOO.

IMO, I believe it’s very likely BM gave specific names to LE, including the prior employee he claims threatened him and his family (IIRC this was something he mentioned in a early LS interview). I think the specifics apps mentioned in CCSO press release was news to BM. He probably didn’t know all the apps she used.

I also think the Fire Chief (was this his title?) that commented that SM was friendly could have been his own opinion based on meeting her personally. It’s possible it wasn’t planted by BM.

I don’t think BM gets husband of the year or decade. I don’t like his vibe. I’m just not sure he’s guilty of SM’s disappearance. IMO

IMO, I believe it’s very likely BM gave specific names to LE, including the prior employee he claims threatened him and his family (IIRC this was something he mentioned in a early LS interview). I think the specifics apps mentioned in CCSO press release was news to BM. He probably didn’t know all the apps she used.

I also think the Fire Chief (was this his title?) that commented that SM was friendly could have been his own opinion based on meeting her personally. It’s possible it wasn’t planted by BM.

I don’t think BM gets husband of the year or decade. I don’t like his vibe. I’m just not sure he’s guilty of SM’s disappearance. IMO
The Fire Chief recruited BM.
Liked him a lot. Volunteer fire Departments are pretty tight clubs.
MOO BM talks about his wife with others at work such as "Keep the wife happy" comment to MG, MOO talking about his beautiful wife, opining about her would be a pastime for him.
Also:
Other than to help Suzanne BM seems to be a compulsive talker.

19th
The Fire Chief recruited BM.
Liked him a lot. Volunteer fire Departments are pretty tight clubs.
MOO BM talks about his wife with others at work such as "Keep the wife happy" comment to MG, MOO talking about his beautiful wife, opining about her would be a pastime for him.
Also:
Other than to help Suzanne BM seems to be a compulsive talker.
RBBM
More like a compulsive boaster.;)
verb. to boast

talk with excessive pride and self-satisfaction about one's achievements, possessions, or abilities. (push-ups anyone?)
MOO

This was my cousins children and grandchildren (and an unfortunate bystander). The guy drove all the way from Iowa to Idaho (almost non-stop) to do this. People that are obsessed and/or possessive can be quite determined and dangerous. MOO.

I'm so sorry for your loss. May they all rest in peace.

Last edited:
I imagine he told her specifically what to look for (blue bike) instead of just telling her about a bike.

All this talk about an extra bike is purely internet rumor though. There is nothing supporting that there was another bike.
If Chris is tweeting it and it's been mentioned on their youtube channel I'd say it's not just a rumour .... as has been said by Chris "we don't deal in speculation", they deal in facts, and you can bet that they've gone to the direct source to get the information firsthand. Just my thoughts, definitely another bike ...... a pink one.

If Chris is tweeting it and it's been mentioned on their youtube channel I'd say it's not just a rumour .... as has been said by Chris "we don't deal in speculation", they deal in facts, and you can bet that they've gone to the direct source to get the information firsthand. Just my thoughts, definitely another bike ...... a pink one.
I think there was a pink one as well. I do not think it’s a rumor .

moo

BM’s short video (it still comes off as a man talking about a ex wife who was the cause of her own demise) was shared over 3k times, viewed over 300k times and was picked up on MSM & various True Crime platforms. It certainly made its rounds for being on Facebook. IMO
Over a nine month period? I wonder what how those numbers were early on say two weeks after he posted.

I am so sorry that you and your family suffered this horrible event. Sending prayers and hugs.

Um, he absolutely speculates. He’s full of speculation. But he has every right to, he’s a YouTuber and no longer a detective. He has also spouted a bit of things as fact that weren’t true.

Posting something on YouTube and in a tweet does not magically turn something into fact, I don’t care who you are or used to be.

Its not supported by LE or any news article, so it’s still an internet rumor.

It’s odd he never did a press conference . It’s odd he refuses to be recorded allegedly now too. Your wife is missing .... if your innocent who cares what police thought ? They were wrong right ?

moo

Um, he absolutely speculates. He’s full of speculation. But he has every right to, he’s a YouTuber and no longer a detective. He has also spouted a bit of things as fact that weren’t true.

Posting something on YouTube and in a tweet does not magically turn something into fact, I don’t care who you are or used to be.

Its not supported by LE or any news article, so it’s still an internet rumor.
My thing with that , he could of got that Information from AM. LE tells very little normally . It’s information that gets leaked from other credible sources ... which I would say Andy is a credible source .

moo

News articles get TONS of information incorrect all the time. ALL the time, so sometimes you cant depend on that either. I personally respect a retired homicide detectives input, hes not hiding anything...heck hes on Dr. Phil talking to millions of people? If its in quotes by someone then you can take it as fact in an article...other than that, those reporters are reporting on reported information.

MOO

I posted something similar in June 2020/thread 17.

3k shares
268k views
+ MSM pickup

Not bad. IMO
Not bad that’s for sure, @K9Enzo. And because he did it that way hoping hardly anyone would see it, he was probably horrified at the numbers who did.
I really think he made the stupid video because after a week, a lot of people were starting to ask, “Where’s the husband. Why isn’t he out there begging for help to find his wife?”
Early on, some people, myself included, speculated that maybe it was LE who asked him to lay low. Maybe they had a good lead and didn’t want to tip a suspect off. Then we learned that BM’s relationship with LE was adversarial right from the first night. Even so, BM could have done an interview with someone like LS if he didn’t want to work with LE. Nope. He didn’t want his name, his face, or his voice anywhere. Hmmmmm. Wonder why?

Not bad that’s for sure, @K9Enzo. And because he did it that way hoping hardly anyone would see it, he was probably horrified at the numbers who did.
I really think he made the stupid video because after a week, a lot of people were starting to ask, “Where’s the husband. Why isn’t he out there begging for help to find his wife?”
Early on, some people, myself included, speculated that maybe it was LE who asked him to lay low. Maybe they had a good lead and didn’t want to tip a suspect off. Then we learned that BM’s relationship with LE was adversarial right from the first night. Even so, BM could have done an interview with someone like LS if he didn’t want to work with LE. Nope. He didn’t want his name, his face, or his voice anywhere. Hmmmmm. Wonder why?

I don't think BM wanted to do that video. I've said before he came off as a ex-husband in his plea for SM. Further, I remember thinking he was attempting to coax his wife out of hiding, but then goes into someone having her. It was weird and I don't think well rehearsed. He just talked, briefly.

I'm still fine with the reward money only being offered for her safe return. I always think of the 90's movie Seven. No one wants their loved one returned that way. I also think reward money is really only successful when a fugitive is on the run and LE puts up the money. IMO

My thing with that , he could of got that Information from AM. LE tells very little normally . It’s information that gets leaked from other credible sources ... which I would say Andy is a credible source .

moo
I like Chris, and I do respect his experience in LE. No question there at all.
But in this case, he most likely doesn't know any more than any of us do.

We know the CCSO isn't releasing any info to him, and anything AM has shared with him or MK, is technically considered heresay, unless verified and/or confirmed by LE as true. Which in this case of the bike business, has not happened. Heck, they haven't even confirmed the status of the first bike (have they?), let alone any info about a second bike.

It may be true, or it may not be true, but it's not coming from LE, that's for sure. So as for WS TOS, it's entirely speculation & opinion and should be regarded as such.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member