Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Previous FOX 21 reports cite family in describing how Barry Morphew was asked, and declined, to do a polygraph test. But he said such reports were not true. "I’ve never been asked to do a polygraph," Barry Morphew told FOX 21. "There is nothing that I am hiding. I have given three – 30 hours of testimony to the FBI and the CBI. I’ve answered every question. Every single question." Missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew disappeared 9 months ago: What we know

9 Months today. :(

He was asked to take a lie detector test, I 100% believe that he was, and he refused... actually twice he refused. HE has no credibility because he lies.

MOO

Last edited:
"I don't think she was taken to a second location, I think it happened at home," he said, adding that "based on the behaviors and things that happened," he thought her husband was behind it. "And I pray it's not."

This part. How can we be here with no answers 9 months on?

I agree 100% @DizzyB. If you go back and listen to some of AM interviews, he says things like “yes, that is what I understand”, or “that’s what I was told” (paraphrased) etc., indicating without having to say it that he heard the info 2nd hand. AM is acutely aware of which info he’s heard 2nd hand, and owns it via his statements IMO. Does he sometimes mix up info he’s heard 2nd hand when recalling/retelling, possibly, but I won’t fault him in any way for that, considering what he was and is going through. AM is not distorting any truths.
AM also clearly states in several interviews including on National television Dr. Phil interview that a CBI agent told him about the LDT and CVSA tests, meaning he was told this info directly by LE.
It is a fact that LE sometimes shares some limited info with victims’ close family members, it happens. And this info was told to Andy by LE early on. Why on earth would AM say that, on Nat’l Television no less, if it wasn’t true. He wouldn’t IMO. What I do believe is LE/CBI probably didn’t want that info leaked, and stopped sharing intimate details of the investigation with AM. I can’t fault AM for letting that info out, he was trying to find his little Sister, impassioned, determined and most likely exhausted from all the stress.
I can’t even imagine what he was and is going through. Anyone remember seeing/hearing BM putting forth the amount of effort AM has to find Suzanne???

AM is also on record early on speaking highly of BM, and that he wants nothing more than to believe his BIL to be innocent of any wrongdoing, and I really believe AM gave BM every benefit of doubt that he could, until it became abundantly clear to him that he could no longer.

Let’s not forget AM organized a massive search for his sister, BM’s wife of three decades, which BM neither helped with nor participated in. In fact, in true BM form, he paid Andy back by disparaging him and calling AM’s massive search for HIS wife a “publicity stunt”.
It goes on and on, but you get the gist.

All of the above is IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Agree with you 100%. I also believe CBI gave AM some info. AM is not an exaggerator or liar. I trust him more than anyone else in this whole investigation. He could have misheard a few things, but he’s not putting out cryptic clues or messages. My heart goes out to all of SM’s family.
Time to come clean, BM!

"I don't think she was taken to a second location, I think it happened at home," he said, adding that "based on the behaviors and things that happened," he thought her husband was behind it. "And I pray it's not."

This part. How can we be here with no answers 9 months on?
It doesn't seem right at all!

MOO

From 9 month anniversary article above:

“Spokespersons from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) did not respond to Fox News’ multiple requests for an update on the investigation, and a family member said Tuesday they had been asked by authorities not to speak to the media.”
Wonder who that family member was..... Barry?!!

“Spokespersons from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) did not respond to Fox News’ multiple requests for an update on the investigation, and a family member said Tuesday they had been asked by authorities not to speak to the media.”
Nice article. A basic summary of where we are today and how it’s been the last 9 mos. Thx for posting @steeltowngirl

MOO forgot to ad the caveat.

I found that interesting as well. Now I want to know, which authorities, and why.

On the 6 month anniversary of SM’s disappearance,(11/10/2020 ) the CCSD ended their press release with the following:

In one aspect of the case, the task force continues to focus on Suzanne Morphew’s social media presence as part of the investigation. Investigators say Suzanne kept in touch with friends she loved dearly. They also believe that sometimes in these types of cases that people don’t come forward with information for concern that they may get someone in trouble. To those who may be fearful to come forward, they can reach out anonymously. Once investigators know your concerns, they can address them.

Anyone who may have engaged with Suzanne on Facebook, Instagram, Voxer, FaceTime or WhatsApp and would like to share new information or come forward if they haven’t been interviewed is asked to contact the Suzanne Morphew tip line, regardless of how insignificant you think the information may be, or whether you think investigators are already aware of it.

Suzanne Morphew case remains a priority to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office - Chaffee County Sheriff

This led to some discussion here about different messaging apps and the so-called “ dark web “. Mentioning this in the hopes my post is not OT.

IMO there is probably no connection/involvement with the dark web and this case. I have only a very vague idea of what it is used for. But I remember us discussing whether anyone would really use it to commit murder.

This article just happened to be in my Twitter feed this morning and thought y’all would find it interesting. Hats off to the journalists doing research that led to someone being arrested and charged!

Journalists Working on Story About Dark Web Discover Wisc. Woman's Alleged Murder-for-Hire Plot

On the 6 month anniversary of SM’s disappearance,(11/10/2020 ) the CCSD ended their press release with the following:

In one aspect of the case, the task force continues to focus on Suzanne Morphew’s social media presence as part of the investigation. Investigators say Suzanne kept in touch with friends she loved dearly. They also believe that sometimes in these types of cases that people don’t come forward with information for concern that they may get someone in trouble. To those who may be fearful to come forward, they can reach out anonymously. Once investigators know your concerns, they can address them.

Anyone who may have engaged with Suzanne on Facebook, Instagram, Voxer, FaceTime or WhatsApp and would like to share new information or come forward if they haven’t been interviewed is asked to contact the Suzanne Morphew tip line, regardless of how insignificant you think the information may be, or whether you think investigators are already aware of it.

Suzanne Morphew case remains a priority to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office - Chaffee County Sheriff

This led to some discussion here about different messaging apps and the so-called “ dark web “. Mentioning this in the hopes my post is not OT.

IMO there is probably no connection/involvement with the dark web and this case. I have only a very vague idea of what it is used for. But I remember us discussing whether anyone would really use it to commit murder.

This article just happened to be in my Twitter feed this morning and thought y’all would find it interesting. Hats off to the journalists doing research that led to someone being arrested and charged!

Journalists Working on Story About Dark Web Discover Wisc. Woman's Alleged Murder-for-Hire Plot
Absolutely that journalist did more than a lot of investigators !

IIRC, it was one of the PE guys that brought up the "dark web" in connection with Suzanne's case. I don't recall the context, but thought it was pretty far fetched. I still do.

jmo

ETA: Here's the video from the PE guys where this was mentioned - roughly the 24 minute mark.

Last edited:
Ah, thanks for reminding me of that! That would explain why we were discussing it. Yes, I also think it’s far fetched.

I think it's entirely possible someone connected to this case, in some way, ventured onto the dark web and someone on the PE team were able to find some evidence of that. A situation like that sounds somewhat believable, but as far as the actual dark web having anything to do with Suzanne's disappearance, I'm not convinced.

jmo

In my opinion Andy did what a devastated, concerned husband should be doing. Barry is not acting right he hasn’t acted right and he still isn’t. I don’t think we’ve heard the end of Andy either I really think he will be back and he will be back louder.
Moo

I agree. And I 100% do not believe that he will go on PE again. I have no idea what happened between AM and the PE guys, but there is definitely a disconnect there IMO

On May 17, her husband, Barry Morphew, posted a video on Facebook pleading for whoever took Suzanne to bring her back.

"Oh Suzanne, if anyone is out there and can hear this, that has you, please, we’ll do whatever it takes to bring you back. We love you, we miss you, your girls need you," Barry said in the video. "No questions asked, however much they want – I will do whatever it takes to get you back. Honey, I love you, I want you back so bad."
#findsuzannemorphew
Missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew disappeared 9 months ago: What we know

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Barry was the last one to see her alive, Barry lied about his timeline, Barry said at least 3-4 stories as to what could of happen to her.

When/if he is arrested I think a lot more overwhelming evidence will be known.
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not aware of that. Where does that info come from?
Following the big search, AM stopped showing up on PE and over the Christmas holidays, it was mentioned by either Mike or Chris that they were still in contact with AM in response to viewers asking about AM and PEs relationship. I will try to find the video, but it was never stated outright that anything was wrong between them. In my opinion it was obvious tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13