Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that was confirmed false Bc he told MG he had to go make Suzanne happy and then there was a family emergency. I read also that this job Barry wasn’t even supposed to be working at on may 10.
Moo
It was the day before that he told MG he had to go home and go biking or hiking with his wife or something like that.

It was Mother's Day that he said he left at 5:00 am and Suzanne was sleeping. He said he was going to do the prep work for the job because his employees were coming that night to start the work on Monday. Imo

Where did Barry say he was all day and night until around 9:00 on Mother’s Day? Even after Suzanne was reported missing apparently he was gone all day / night until around 9:00 pm?

moo
He said he left around 5:00 am to prepare for the job in Broomfield. He likely would have arrived by 8:00 am but we don't know if he went to the hotel or the jobsite first. The employees said it looked like nothing was done so we don't know what he was doing all day. That's the big question.

He said he called and left messages for Suzanne but never heard back. His daughters apparently called him and said she wasn't returning their calls and at some point he called the neighbor, asked her to check the garage for the cars, then the bike, and the neighbor called 911. BM claimed he headed home at that point. I think he said it was around 5:00 pm. I don't think we know exactly when he got to the scene. Imo

It was the day before that he told MG he had to go home and go biking or hiking with his wife or something like that.

It was Mother's Day that he said he left at 5:00 am and Suzanne was sleeping. He said he was going to do the prep work for the job because his employees were coming that night to start the work on Monday. Imo

I left my wife on Mothers Day to go to work and stay the night in Denver.
I left her sleeping at 5am.
MOO that is totally implausible, even for a couple having a rough time.

I left my wife on Mothers Day to go to work and stay the night in Denver.
I left her sleeping at 5am.
MOO that is totally implausible, even for a couple having a rough time.

It is a head-scratcher. I’ve considered a theory that BM thought SM would be going away to the wedding that weekend. So he planned his own rendezvous in Denver. SM decided not to go, or sniffed out his plan, and things went sideways.

I would love to know when the reservation for the Broomfield room was booked.

jmo

It is a head-scratcher. I’ve considered a theory that BM thought SM would be going away to the wedding that weekend. So he planned his own rendezvous in Denver. SM decided not to go, or sniffed out his plan, and things went sideways.

I would love to know when the reservation for the Broomfield room was booked.

jmo
From what I remember check in is at 3:00 pm but there is an option to call ahead to arrange early check in. So he could have booked it the day before, called to arrange early check in, or just didn't check in until 3:00 pm.

If he didn't arrive until 3:00 pm, that leaves about seven hours for him to be at the jobsite or somewhere else.

He said he removed all the tools from the back of his truck and left them in the cart at the hotel. Was that after he used them at the jobsite? What would he need? I would think prepping for a retainer wall would involve levelling or moving the dirt and maybe rocks. Was it ever confirmed that he did not bring the bobcat there? The employees said there was no machinery and MG said he didn't leave the proper tools so was he ever at that site at all? I don't remember BM mentioning this. He only talked about the hotel.

Was this a walk-up hotel reservation or was it reserved in advance? If in advance, when was the hotel booking reservation placed? By whom? What was the original reserved check-in and check-out date and time? What was the actual check-in date and time? Was the hotel paid in advance for a Saturday May 9 night stay, but left unoccupied until Sunday May 10?

Was this a walk-up hotel reservation or was it reserved in advance? If in advance, when was the hotel booking reservation placed? By whom? What was the original reserved check-in and check-out date and time? What was the actual check-in date and time? Was the hotel paid in advance for a Saturday May 9 night stay, but left unoccupied until Sunday May 10?
That would be great to know about the reservations ! If I had to guess I bet it was last minute Barry getting the room!

moo

Interesting article in Mountain Mail re LE in Chaffee County attended an “appreciation barbecue” back in June, 2020.
8 men in photo, but only 7 named (say what!) Looks like our guy BM on the back row behind Sheriff Spezze. What do y’all think.
From the article:
“Law enforcement officers from several agencies form a “lineup” Tuesday, when Chris Collins of A-1 Auto Service hosted a barbecue to show appreciation for law enforcement officers. About 50 attended the event, with representatives from Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Salida Police Department, Buena Vista Police Department, District Attorney’s Office and Colorado State Patrol. From left front are Sheriff John Spezze; Mike Travis, SPD; and Lance Cliff, SPD. Back: Alex Walker, DAO; Joe Cahill, CBI; Derek Graham, CBI; and Robin Burgess, CBI.”
Edited to add another pic - closer up
Law enforcement ‘lineup’
Hi there - I'm just checking back in on the thread as I've stepped away for several weeks.
For what it's worth, I showed this pic to my DW, who went to school with BM. That is definitely not BM. Given the lack of love between BM and LE, I don't suspect BM will be sharing any meals with Sheriff John and co. MOO, JMO.

I wonder if Donthe Lucas is found guilty it will imbolden LE in the Morphew case to charge Barry.
I, for one, hope so. As so many have mentioned before, it is one bite of the apple - so I have to believe that the prosecutor has to weigh the current odds of winning the case vs. the odds that waiting results in new evidence being uncovered that helps the prosecution. It sure seems that line is different for every prosecutor, and we don't really know what evidence they actually have - so it's just impossible to know how close or how far they might be from pulling the trigger. But I'm with you - if they are confident that they believe they know who did it and feel they can build a strong circumstantial case, I'd like to see them go for it (even without a body) rather than let the case go cold and simply hope remains are found sometime in the future.

I wonder if Donthe Lucas is found guilty it will imbolden LE in the Morphew case to charge Barry.
Sadly those two cases are pretty dissimilar. But we don’t have all the cell phone and tracking information for Suzanne or Barry and the only friends that have come forward have said their marriage was strong so you just never know what might be known we don’t know.

Sadly those two cases are pretty dissimilar. But we don’t have all the cell phone and tracking information for Suzanne or Barry and the only friends that have come forward have said their marriage was strong so you just never know what might be known we don’t know.
Well i think they have similar evidence, no body, no crime sign of a struggle according to Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy