Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly those two cases are pretty dissimilar. But we don’t have all the cell phone and tracking information for Suzanne or Barry and the only friends that have come forward have said their marriage was strong so you just never know what might be known we don’t know.
I think Andy had someone tell him there marriage wasn’t as great as it seemed .

moo

Trust me a marriage from a young age more than likely has wavered.
I agree . Also a lot can happen behind closed doors that no one would see. Mental abuse is very real , and the letters she wrote that Barry felt the need to show , reminds me of a mentally abused woman . I don’t know that for a fact , but I definitely think he was and is the type that needs constant reassurance and that is exhausting.

Moo

He said he left around 5:00 am to prepare for the job in Broomfield. He likely would have arrived by 8:00 am but we don't know if he went to the hotel or the jobsite first. The employees said it looked like nothing was done so we don't know what he was doing all day. That's the big question.

He said he called and left messages for Suzanne but never heard back. His daughters apparently called him and said she wasn't returning their calls and at some point he called the neighbor, asked her to check the garage for the cars, then the bike, and the neighbor called 911. BM claimed he headed home at that point. I think he said it was around 5:00 pm. I don't think we know exactly when he got to the scene. Imo

Barry had already left when the workers arrived though hadn't he? Which then takes me to why did MG start getting ready for work 4am cos she thought she heard Barry's truck outside - and if that's true what time did MG and crew arrive at Broomfield?

Barry had already left when the workers arrived though hadn't he? Which then takes me to why did MG start getting ready for work 4am cos she thought she heard Barry's truck outside - and if that's true what time did MG and crew arrive at Broomfield?
Not sure , but he stated he left Suzanne asleep at 5:00 am and Barry had already been in the hotel room before his employees showed up apparantly

moo

Random, MOO, thoughts:

-I think SM was murdered Friday night and BM used his bobcat at the Salida property to bury her Friday night.
-I think he buried her under the spot where the concrete slab was laid and that LE later dug up
-He had MG rake out the area near the beach to cover tracks of moving the bobcat from the back to the front of the property, as well as just more movement of a bobcat than should logically occur on the property given the work he was doing.
-BM called the work day early on Saturday because he mentally couldn’t take being at that site. He also mentions making his wife happy as a way to infer she is still alive
-BM is allegedly seen in Salida Saturday afternoon which conflicts with what he told MG he was going to do. But BM realizes he needs alibis and to be seen on camera Saturday afternoon.
-BM realizes on Saturday that either his truck gps or cell location places him at the Salida job site when he buried SM on Friday. So BM goes back Saturday night and digs up SM’s body, and covers up his tracks.
-That work is why the neighbor hears loud machinery Saturday night and also why it seems everywhere his bobcat went caused cadaver dogs hits.
-Now BM’s gps data once again puts him back at the Salida job site on Saturday night, which is why he comes up with the ‘mechanical thing’ that he had to do to his bobcat as an excuse.
-I think this is precisely why LE had to dig up that property. They may have had concerns that SM’s body was moved but I bet they had to vet out that location before moving on.
-So we now have a 4 hour window (midnight of when Body was retrieved to 4am when he calls/texts MG)
-I think it is really difficult to come up with any other definable 4 hour window from that Friday through Sunday, which is why I think this is the 4 hour window AM refers to.
-So that would mean that BM would return home and then need to dispose of SM via a means that doesn’t have GPS tracking.
-It makes me think a second (and final) resting spot is up in the mountains behind their property that BM frequently went to look for Elk sheds.

I wish we had more details on SM’s phone records, but I could see BM using SM’s phone while still at the house and also logging into her apps via his phone or some combination of the two, so he could keep up a false sense that she was alive past Friday evening.

If anyone else can show a defined 4 hour window with the information we know, I’d be very interested in that. The above is the only 4 hour window I can clearly find and also ties in some of the other random details.

I agree . Also a lot can happen behind closed doors that no one would see. Mental abuse is very real , and the letters she wrote that Barry felt the need to show , reminds me of a mentally abused woman . I don’t know that for a fact , but I definitely think he was and is the type that needs constant reassurance and that is exhausting.

Moo
I think it would be easy to want to believe gossip that their marriage had issues because it supports a belief as to a motive for Barry to have committed the crime. I want to belief if there were cracks in their marriage that LE has first hand tips which would be more weighty than a second or third hand report to a brother that was not that close to the Morphew family by all accounts. We shall see what transpires.

One more thought, SM’s Friend who said that communication abruptly stopped at 9 on Saturday could be referring to 9am on Saturday. Which is the time BM left his house to go to the Salida job site.

I guess this is implied but what I mean is that BM is impersonating SM on her phone while at that house but then leaves for work and leaves her phone at home so the location isn’t tracked.

I guess this is implied but what I mean is that BM is impersonating SM on her phone while at that house but then leaves for work and leaves her phone at home so the location isn’t tracked.
Really good theory overall :cool: but you lose me at BM impersonating Suzanne in a personal chat with her friend about sentimental wedding things.
BM 100% does not strike me as the type that could pull it off.
I could be wrong, but I'm just not seeing it. :)

jmo

Really good theory overall :cool: but you lose me at BM impersonating Suzanne in a personal chat with her friend about sentimental wedding things.

jmo

The dates and times have never been clear on the friend’s conversation from the get go. Not from Andy or the Profiling Evil hosts.

Walking on eggshells, as I can’t remember if a wedding source was confirmed/approved.

I have heard several times (from approved sources) that it was held Sunday May10th. So how much time would the parent of the bride or groom, who was hosting the event, during covid, with other family arriving that weekend along with arriving flowers, gifts, food and guests in general, be expected to be on the phone Saturday May 9th? It would be obvious by late week that Suzanne wasn’t coming to town and I’m sure she discussed it with her friend.

Point is the whole friend conversation could have been Thurs/Fri, and when Suzanne didn’t check in “Virtually” for the wedding the friend became suspicious. It could be a simple “good morning” and the “expected/usual” response didn’t materialize. …She could have been suspicious/uncomfortable if she was unable to reach Suzanne at any time during that week. She could have gotten a short answer to a long question on Friday. Who Knows?

Last edited:
The dates and times have never been clear on the friend’s conversation from the get go. Not from Andy or the Profiling Evil hosts.

Walking on eggshells, as I can’t remember if a wedding source was confirmed/approved.

I have heard several times (from approved sources) that it was held Sunday May10th. So how much time would the parent of the bride or groom, who was hosting the event, during covid, with other family arriving that weekend along with arriving flowers, gifts, food and guests in general, be expected to be on the phone Saturday May 9th? It would be obvious by late week that Suzanne wasn’t coming to town and I’m sure she discussed it with her friend.

Point is the whole friend conversation could have been Thurs/Fri, and when Suzanne didn’t check in “Virtually” for the wedding the friend became suspicious. It could be a simple “good morning” and the “expected/usual” response didn’t materialize. …She could have been suspicious/uncomfortable if she was unable to reach Suzanne at any time during that week. She could have gotten a short answer to a long question on Friday. Who Knows?

I was pretty sure all reports said the chat happened Saturday (various times were given, but never a different day) and that they were engaged in a chat, which abruptly ended.

In any case, I still don't believe BM could pull off impersonating Suzanne, to her friend.

jmo

jmo

I'm not so sure. I mean, I don't think he would have done a great job of showing interest/empathy/emotion in the same way SM would typically have, but I think it's entirely possible he did pretend to be her via text.

Some options:

He kept his comments to mostly brief replies to BFF, not initiating topics nor elaborating.

Maybe "SM" said she was tired or not feeling well, to make those short replies seem believable/acceptable.

BFF might have thought "SM doesn't sound like herself today" but not had any reason to think about it beyond that.

BFF would reasonably have been very preoccupied with the wedding and probably most of the discussion was BFF describing things and then "SM" saying "wow" or "that's great" or "unbelievable" or "beautiful" or similar.

I don't find it too farfetched that BM could do this for a period of time. Like I said, even if BFF thought "hm, something's off with SM today" that wouldn't normally lead her to "I better call 911 because maybe someone is impersonating her"

I think once we know what actually happened, we will be surprised about this.

MOO

Moo
I agree.
Those letters seem writte. To reassure a man who went went over the line.

I'm not so sure. I mean, I don't think he would have done a great job of showing interest/empathy/emotion in the same way SM would typically have, but I think it's entirely possible he did pretend to be her via text.

Some options:

He kept his comments to mostly brief replies to BFF, not initiating topics nor elaborating.

Maybe "SM" said she was tired or not feeling well, to make those short replies seem believable/acceptable.

BFF might have thought "SM doesn't sound like herself today" but not had any reason to think about it beyond that.

BFF would reasonably have been very preoccupied with the wedding and probably most of the discussion was BFF describing things and then "SM" saying "wow" or "that's great" or "unbelievable" or "beautiful" or similar.

I don't find it too farfetched that BM could do this for a period of time. Like I said, even if BFF thought "hm, something's off with SM today" that wouldn't normally lead her to "I better call 911 because maybe someone is impersonating her"

I think once we know what actually happened, we will be surprised about this.

MOO

You could be completely right about that. So many unknowns, still, after all this time :(

jmo

Agreed. But depending on what time she was (MOO) killed on Friday night, he might have only had to impersonate SM for a couple hours on Saturday morning. And maybe a few more sporadically throughout Saturday afternoon or evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02