Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This report says there are 1300 missing people in Colorado. How does the CBI decide who to focus on?
Missing Persons Day: 1,300 people are currently missing in Colorado

I had wondered that myself and have had this article saved for a while. It provides some insight.

<BBM>

Not all individuals indicated as missing are victims of kidnapping, murder, or some other criminal act; however, each account represents the concern of someone reporting a person who disappeared.

Disappearing Voluntarily

A variety of reasons—mental illness, depression, substance abuse, credit problems, abusive relationships, or marital discord—exist for why people voluntarily disappear. Due to the high number of missing person reports assigned to criminal investigators and the vast quantity of cases resolving themselves, investigators tend to “wait and see” or prioritize a case lower than an identified crime. With enough reprioritization, an investigation easily loses momentum and becomes part of the load of other missing person cases. Often, no one submits requests for electronic data or captures timely eyewitness interviews and victimology. Consequently, timelines become vague, and memories fade.

Becoming a voluntary missing person does not constitute a crime. Any adult can walk away and decide to ignore family, friends, associates, and employers. Because this type of behavior lacks criminality, law enforcement officers experience limitations regarding how they proceed.

Investigators sometimes receive inadequate information in the beginning of a missing person investigation. If people portray the victim as routinely running away, being reckless, or acting irresponsibly, others may express less concern and possibly not even file a formal report. Investigators could treat the case as a reported event, rather than a potential criminal act. However, when facts and circumstances indicate a strong possibility of foul play or the disappearance occurs due to criminal action, investigators should consider the missing person case as a potential homicide.

No-Body Homicide Cases: A Practical Approach | FBI: Law Enforcement Bulletin

I had wondered that myself and have had this article saved for a while. It provides some insight.

<BBM>

Not all individuals indicated as missing are victims of kidnapping, murder, or some other criminal act; however, each account represents the concern of someone reporting a person who disappeared.

Disappearing Voluntarily

A variety of reasons—mental illness, depression, substance abuse, credit problems, abusive relationships, or marital discord—exist for why people voluntarily disappear. Due to the high number of missing person reports assigned to criminal investigators and the vast quantity of cases resolving themselves, investigators tend to “wait and see” or prioritize a case lower than an identified crime. With enough reprioritization, an investigation easily loses momentum and becomes part of the load of other missing person cases. Often, no one submits requests for electronic data or captures timely eyewitness interviews and victimology. Consequently, timelines become vague, and memories fade.

Becoming a voluntary missing person does not constitute a crime. Any adult can walk away and decide to ignore family, friends, associates, and employers. Because this type of behavior lacks criminality, law enforcement officers experience limitations regarding how they proceed.

Investigators sometimes receive inadequate information in the beginning of a missing person investigation. If people portray the victim as routinely running away, being reckless, or acting irresponsibly, others may express less concern and possibly not even file a formal report. Investigators could treat the case as a reported event, rather than a potential criminal act. However, when facts and circumstances indicate a strong possibility of foul play or the disappearance occurs due to criminal action, investigators should consider the missing person case as a potential homicide.

No-Body Homicide Cases: A Practical Approach | FBI: Law Enforcement Bulletin
I really really think that Andy NEEDS to come back. IMO family plays a role on keeping the pressure on LE to keep cases a priority.

MOO

No, it was suggested "Human trafficking for experimentation and satanic worship".

I have no idea what the stats on that are.

BBM I’ve kept up diligently with posts, that being said where did MSM or approved source suggest “trafficking for experimentation & satanic worship?”
Did I overlook your source for this info? It’s possible I did.

1300 missing in Colorado. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Good for CP and LS to keep the pressure on.
Someone definitely needs to keep the pressure on. Its awful so many missing people are in really every state...but Suzanne is foul play in my opinion. They have so much circumstantial evidence, if they just keep pushing consistently , I really think that will eventually get an arrest.

I just wouldnt be able to stop if I was her family, I would be continually talking to anyone that would listen, unless of course a certain family member ( Barry) just wants this all to go away...then what he is doing is pretty accurate. His plea was weak, very WEAK.

MOO

BBM I’ve kept up diligently with posts, that being said where did MSM or approved source suggest “trafficking for experimentation & satanic worship?”
Did I overlook your source for this info? It’s possible I did.

IMO, this is a fear than ran rampant in the 80's/90's during the height of the "Satanic Panic" era.

Her being trafficked would be the absolute last thing that could of happened IMO . I’m no expert, but I have gone to a few seminars from ex-FBI agents specifically about teenagers in sex trafficking but I have heard from retired FBI agents about statistics and I’ve never heard of 50 and above being trafficked. Not saying that it doesn’t happen , I just do not see anything at all that says she was trafficked .

moo
59 year old woman.
MOO if killed by an opportunist, her body would be discarded road side.
If killed by husband, body would be well hidden.

Interesting article in Mountain Mail re LE in Chaffee County attended an “appreciation barbecue” back in June, 2020.
8 men in photo, but only 7 named (say what!) Looks like our guy BM on the back row behind Sheriff Spezze. What do y’all think.
From the article:
“Law enforcement officers from several agencies form a “lineup” Tuesday, when Chris Collins of A-1 Auto Service hosted a barbecue to show appreciation for law enforcement officers. About 50 attended the event, with representatives from Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Salida Police Department, Buena Vista Police Department, District Attorney’s Office and Colorado State Patrol. From left front are Sheriff John Spezze; Mike Travis, SPD; and Lance Cliff, SPD. Back: Alex Walker, DAO; Joe Cahill, CBI; Derek Graham, CBI; and Robin Burgess, CBI.”
Edited to add another pic - closer up
Law enforcement ‘lineup’
He resembles him, a little.
Not enough to be sure, not by a longshot.

I’m so behind on sweet Suzanne’s case. My stalker is out of jail, and it’s not been easy. I need to catch up. I am curious as to if BM is still the prime suspect. I know we don’t know who did it, and that’s just my honest opinion. I keep praying she will actually be found.
JMO
So sorry for the fear I imagine you’re living in. Thanks for taking the time to be here for Suzanne! Hugs... I’ll pray for peace for you.

Actually there are those who are 60 plus and males also. For human experimentation. Human trafficking is big business and not just for sex. Very big business.

I want to add I cannot prove that. But I have read a lot. Unfortunately. And I do think about what might have happened to Suzanne. But I obviously believe this was a domestic violence crime.
SO WILD!! I can’t even wrap my mind around how sex trafficking is a thing, even tho i believe that it is :( my heart goes out to the victims. especially the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02