Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks kindly, @Love Never Fails. Yes, it gets harder each day to keep posting without any news. Like you, I don’t believe the case is cold, but I think LE is plugging away at the evidence gathered thus far with no obligation to reveal that evidence to us. (Darn it!)
Hopefully something will break soon and all the old gang will be back ruminating on what it all means. Till then we’ll just have to keep the faith.
There’s one thing nagging at me. I have been doing some reading about human trafficking. I won’t go into that here and I know who I believe the perp is. But is it possible she was taken for human trafficking?

Nah. Can’t be! So many people come up missing every day. Either way, it’s hard to consider any of the possibilities. Suzanne is such a beautiful lady.

I still want to know what the locals meant about there being “Secrets in those mountains”. I have been slowly catching up on the threads. I’ve made it to December. :)

I believe we can still talk about PE. Did Chris leave that show?

Not trying to be difficult, but how do you make decisions in the best interest of someone who no longer has an interest? Are we talking decisions made in the best interest of her husband? her daughters? her brother? the public?
Good question.
MOO I assume they mean it is in her best interest to be found, and if foul play as they suspect, to find the guilty party.

There’s one thing nagging at me. I have been doing some reading about human trafficking. I won’t go into that here and I know who I believe the perp is. But is it possible she was taken for human trafficking?

Nah. Can’t be! So many people come up missing every day. Either way, it’s hard to consider any of the possibilities. Suzanne is such a beautiful lady.

I still want to know what the locals meant about there being “Secrets in those mountains”. I have been slowly catching up on the threads. I’ve made it to December. :)

I honestly don’t think so. For one, the age is way off. Second, she’s not a high risk victim that can be easily groomed. I think it’s a myth that women are abducted out of grocery store parking lots for human trafficking, as an example. I can’t see a physically fit adult woman being a target either to snatch up. In most cases, they are young, vulnerable, high risk victims. My opinion only.

MOO Secrets in the mountains?
Same as in the city, drugs.

Drugs with an operational base creating big and fast money. Protecting the operation by playing miltia.

I honestly don’t think so. For one, the age is way off. Second, she’s not a high risk victim that can be easily groomed. I think it’s a myth that women are abducted out of grocery store parking lots for human trafficking, as an example. I can’t see a physically fit adult woman being a target either to snatch up. In most cases, they are young, vulnerable, high risk victims. My opinion only.

As far as Suzanne, I do know where the guilt seems to lie. And I’m not believing a story of mountain lions and bike rides.

I have the idea that 50 year old housewives/mothers are not prime targets for human traffickers.

I have the idea that 50 year old housewives/mothers are not prime targets for human traffickers.
Actually there are those who are 60 plus and males also. For human experimentation. Human trafficking is big business and not just for sex. Very big business.

I want to add I cannot prove that. But I have read a lot. Unfortunately. And I do think about what might have happened to Suzanne. But I obviously believe this was a domestic violence crime.

Actually there are those who are 60 plus and males also. For human experimentation. Human trafficking is big business and not just for sex. Very big business.
Her being trafficked would be the absolute last thing that could of happened IMO . I’m no expert, but I have gone to a few seminars from ex-FBI agents specifically about teenagers in sex trafficking but I have heard from retired FBI agents about statistics and I’ve never heard of 50 and above being trafficked. Not saying that it doesn’t happen , I just do not see anything at all that says she was trafficked .

moo

Her being trafficked would be the absolute last thing that could of happened IMO . I’m no expert, but I have gone to a few seminars from ex-FBI agents specifically about teenagers in sex trafficking but I have heard from retired FBI agents about statistics and I’ve never heard of 50 and above being trafficked. Not saying that it doesn’t happen , I just do not see anything at all that says she was trafficked .

moo
I never said “sex” trafficking, although she is beautiful.

Counter-Trafficking Data Collaborative (CTDC)

Indicates 5% of HT victims are over the age of 48. While that percentage is obviously very small, there are victims who do make up that small percentage.

As LNF says, most members believe Suzanne is a victim of DV. Given what we know in this case, I think we can safely say that Suzanne being a victim of HT, while possible is not probable.

I’m so behind on sweet Suzanne’s case. My stalker is out of jail, and it’s not been easy. I need to catch up. I am curious as to if BM is still the prime suspect. I know we don’t know who did it, and that’s just my honest opinion. I keep praying she will actually be found.
JMO

Interesting article in Mountain Mail re LE in Chaffee County attended an “appreciation barbecue” back in June, 2020.
8 men in photo, but only 7 named (say what!) Looks like our guy BM on the back row behind Sheriff Spezze. What do y’all think.
From the article:
“Law enforcement officers from several agencies form a “lineup” Tuesday, when Chris Collins of A-1 Auto Service hosted a barbecue to show appreciation for law enforcement officers. About 50 attended the event, with representatives from Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Salida Police Department, Buena Vista Police Department, District Attorney’s Office and Colorado State Patrol. From left front are Sheriff John Spezze; Mike Travis, SPD; and Lance Cliff, SPD. Back: Alex Walker, DAO; Joe Cahill, CBI; Derek Graham, CBI; and Robin Burgess, CBI.”
Edited to add another pic - closer up
Law enforcement ‘lineup’

Attachments

• 0596D55F-AEE1-41F3-9400-B68CC3E9EC92.jpeg
    0596D55F-AEE1-41F3-9400-B68CC3E9EC92.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 8BD5A48D-4D35-47FD-80A4-7AA472E9F57D.jpeg
    8BD5A48D-4D35-47FD-80A4-7AA472E9F57D.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Interesting article in Mountain Mail re LE in Chaffee County attended an “appreciation barbecue” back in June, 2020.
8 men in photo, but only 7 named (say what!) Looks like our guy BM on the back row behind Sheriff Spezze. What do y’all think.
From the article:
“Law enforcement officers from several agencies form a “lineup” Tuesday, when Chris Collins of A-1 Auto Service hosted a barbecue to show appreciation for law enforcement officers. About 50 attended the event, with representatives from Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Salida Police Department, Buena Vista Police Department, District Attorney’s Office and Colorado State Patrol. From left front are Sheriff John Spezze; Mike Travis, SPD; and Lance Cliff, SPD. Back: Alex Walker, DAO; Joe Cahill, CBI; Derek Graham, CBI; and Robin Burgess, CBI.”
Edited to add another pic - closer up
Law enforcement ‘lineup’

That doesn’t look like BM. I believe it is someone in LE as they appear to be wearing a holstered pistol.

Are you saying she was abducted for sex trafficking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member