Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No news is frustrating. I keep telling myself that there is only bite of the apple, and I have to be patient. I have faith that LE knows what they are doing. Sometimes I waver; maybe it wasn't BM, it's something we haven't even thought of. But none of that adds up with the few facts that are known.

One bite of the apple.

MOO

If there was ever a scenario of ‘guilty until proven innocent’ this would be one. Proving murder without a body, and based on circumstantial evidence alone, will be difficult. I’m not an advocate for it, but it would be interesting to see how the defence strategy would change, if they were required to prove his innocence.

Hi OldCop,

Keeping up with all your posts. There are so many new posters on the Morphew case.

And it looks like so many of the old posters are gone now. I miss them all. I wish they were still around.

Glad you are here and happy for the new posters.

I keep checking in for new information. For me the case seems to have gone cold. But I do believe LE are still on it.
I’m still here even if I don’t post as much anymore. I was here almost from the beginning or a few weeks in and I’ll be here until the bitter end until there is justice for Suzanne!! There are probably a lot of original posters like me who still check in for updates and read the new posts every day. Unfortunately there is just not much new information to discuss right now. I am looking forward to the day I log on and see hundreds of posts and see an arrest has been made! Oh happy day! :D

I’m still here even if I don’t post as much anymore. I was here almost from the beginning or a few weeks in and I’ll be here until the bitter end until there is justice for Suzanne!! There are probably a lot of original posters like me who still check in for updates and read the new posts every day. Unfortunately there is just not much new information to discuss right now. I am looking forward to the day I log on and see hundreds of posts and see an arrest has been made! Oh happy day! :D

+1.

Hard to gather round the campfire when there's nothing new to discuss and so much frustration.

I have an awful feeling that this will turn out like little Haleigh Dunne (sic) in Texas -- SM will be found but there may not be enough evidence to build a solid case -- and no nurse side-piece to help provide it.

I'm still here, too, but only check in a couple of times a week -- simply because there is no info. One day, someone will stumble across SM's remains and perhaps then she will get justice. It's too bad there seems to be no one who was close enough to the family to know, and spill, what they know. We all have read of many missing people who are found years or decades later. There are no guarantees of justice, that's for sure. :(

Few Known Facts? Unknown Unknowns?
... Sometimes I waver; maybe it wasn't BM, it's something we haven't even thought of. But none of that adds up with the few facts that are known...
@MrsWatson bbm sbm. I see what you're saying, but therein lies the rub: Few facts known at least to the public. More facts are known to LE, but they still need answers to some known unknowns, & to work toward eliminating unknown unknowns,* rabbits the def team can pull out of the hat at trial leading to a not guilty verdict.

That's worth keeping in mind as a LE investigation continues for months or years. Many posters believe SM is dead by criminal actions, strongly suspect a specific person, & say an arrest is overdue. Me, I don't know but do not question - why hasn't BM been arrested yet? CCSO & st. CBI have not yet even explicitly acknowledged or announced SM's death. my2ct.
* In 1982 facing demands that US report positive results from searches (of certain weapons in a foreign country), then-Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld said: "Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know...."
There are known knowns - Wikipedia.
** Btw, I realize LE could gather sufficient evd to arrest & convict BM or someone other than BM.

I'm still here, too, but only check in a couple of times a week -- simply because there is no info. One day, someone will stumble across SM's remains and perhaps then she will get justice. It's too bad there seems to be no one who was close enough to the family to know, and spill, what they know. We all have read of many missing people who are found years or decades later. There are no guarantees of justice, that's for sure. :(
I’m so glad to see others are still here and checking in. There are three other cases I keep up with and no news in those either.

Still hoping that one day we will learn what happened to Suzanne.

Hi OldCop,

Keeping up with all your posts. There are so many new posters on the Morphew case.

And it looks like so many of the old posters are gone now. I miss them all. I wish they were still around.

I keep checking in for new information. For me the case seems to have gone cold. But I do believe LE are still on it.
We're still here.:) !

I think many of us are just reading along until new information is disclosed.

I’m another who checks this thread regularly and occasionally does an SM google search. Always hoping to see an “arrest made” post. Alas, not yet. Holding onto hope that justice will be served for Suzanne— the sooner the better!

Just saw this news article about the plane engine exploding over Denver suburbs. Turns out it's Broomfield, CO. There will be a lot of FAA/NTSB forensics going on. I wonder what they'll find besides engine parts...

'I thought we were done': Parts fall from sky in plane scare

It would be awesome if they’d find Suzanne, but I feel that she’s hidden very well and I’m afraid she will never be found. If she is, I think it will be after Spring thaw or Summer. Maybe July.

MOO
IMO

Just a sad case.
Hopefully something lucky will come up. I like the statement from the the Sheriff that nothing will be released or happening unless it is in Suzanne's best interest.
Not trying to be difficult, but how do you make decisions in the best interest of someone who no longer has an interest? Are we talking decisions made in the best interest of her husband? her daughters? her brother? the public?

Not trying to be difficult, but how do you make decisions in the best interest of someone who no longer has an interest? Are we talking decisions made in the best interest of her husband? her daughters? her brother? the public?

If Suzanne is deceased, decisions made on her behalf, in her best interest, would be decisions that lend to bringing the facts, the truth, and ultimately justice for her, if her death was not an accident, but at the hands of another.

jmo

"In the best interest of Suzanne Morphew and this investigation"*
@Minordetails bbm No, I don't think you're being difficult but posing a good question.

1. If SM is still alive (not likely, but possible), seems imo she has an interest in being located by LE.
Once located by LE, SM decides about her best interest, tells LE:
a) She does not want her location to be disclosed to BM, fam, or public. B/c she voluntarily left home?
b) She returns to BM, fam, whoever. B/c abducted & held captive? Or acted impulsively, now wants to return?
^^^ Either way, if alive SM decides about her best interest. ^^^

2. If SM's remains are located, LE decides about info release, based on best interest of investigation.
After recovery of remains, ME conducts autopsy (
to the degree possible) to determine CoD & MoD. If MoD is homicide, LE continues investigation until determining whether there are grounds for arrest, seeks arrest warrants, etc. Often until arrest is made, the best interest of investigation does not compel releasing to the public.
my2ct.
ETA, @Ontario Mom -- thinking alike, w your post cutting to the heart of issue.
* Quoting from LE update ~ 5 mo's ago: “As with any investigation our responsibility and priority is to determine the facts and maintain the integrity of the investigation. Our sole focus is either finding Suzanne or determining the circumstances behind her disappearance and the only way to do this is to keep the information gathered as the result of this investigation under seal....
Our investigative team is committed to releasing information to the public ONLY when it is in the best interest of Suzanne Morphew and this investigation.”

Last edited:
Hi OldCop,

Thanks kindly, @Love Never Fails. Yes, it gets harder each day to keep posting without any news. Like you, I don’t believe the case is cold, but I think LE is plugging away at the evidence gathered thus far with no obligation to reveal that evidence to us. (Darn it!)
Hopefully something will break soon and all the old gang will be back ruminating on what it all means. Till then we’ll just have to keep the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02