Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to posting and this was my first big thread read through. from the first threads days after she went missing, I was certain this was foul play. The offer of such a substantial reward so early on in the investigation screams of it. Did anyone do any research on how affluent the area is? To me, that seems like a huge reward but if you're looking for participation from extremely wealthy people, maybe it doesn't seem so out of place?

Having looked at a lot of threads with fresh eyes and peering over months of information at once, it definitely seems to me that BM is very suspicious.
Welcome to WS! Great post!

I agree that BM looks suspicious. For me, it’s the totality of everything he has/has not done. If it were just one or two things that were off, I could definitely chalk it up to emotions or whatever. There’s just too many things that are off, IMO.

Welcome to WS! Great post!

I agree that BM looks suspicious. For me, it’s the totality of everything he has/has not done. If it were just one or two things that were off, I could definitely chalk it up to emotions or whatever. There’s just too many things that are off, IMO.

Thank you! I agree wholeheartedly...inaction at the beginning seems strange and suspicious. LE did also not react the way I would have expected given how many different press conferences/documentaries I've seen regarding missing people. The family did not react at all how you'd expect a completely innocent family with no reason to suspect foul play to act. Of course, I can't say how I'd react with 100% certainty if in a similar situation but I have to imagine, it would be much more aggressive.

I'm new to posting and this was my first big thread read through. from the first threads days after she went missing, I was certain this was foul play. The offer of such a substantial reward so early on in the investigation screams of it. Did anyone do any research on how affluent the area is? To me, that seems like a huge reward but if you're looking for participation from extremely wealthy people, maybe it doesn't seem so out of place?

Having looked at a lot of threads with fresh eyes and peering over months of information at once, it definitely seems to me that BM is very suspicious.
A warm welcome to you and thank you for your insights.

Thank you! I agree wholeheartedly...inaction at the beginning seems strange and suspicious. LE did also not react the way I would have expected given how many different press conferences/documentaries I've seen regarding missing people. The family did not react at all how you'd expect a completely innocent family with no reason to suspect foul play to act. Of course, I can't say how I'd react with 100% certainty if in a similar situation but I have to imagine, it would be much more aggressive.

A very warm Welcome to WS. This case of our missing SM certainly has been painfully drawn out with little new info to go on each week. New DA on the job & I’m praying we see some movement in the next few coming weeks. If we don’t, I fear it could go years before being solved and #justiceforSuzanne may be a long way off. Glad you found us here! MOO of course

I cycle and I don't keep a spare bike around for parts. If I need a part I go purchase just the part I need, new, that matches the makeup of my configuration. The logic to keep an entire bike around for spare parts escapes me. To make that even less sensical I understand she had a high end bike that she normally rode but the the spare parts bike was a low end beater (bike that you just beat up), most likely with low end parts. So if my $4k bike needed a new brake mechanism I certainly would not be pulling it off a beater.
But if you needed a fingerprint free bike an extra might come in handy..........moo

It would be interesting to know if BM didn’t disclose to LE in the beginning that he was at the job site where the noises were heard. Not disclosing the truth of his whereabouts that weekend to LE, could really bring on suspicion about him.

Thinking out-loud again:
after LE checked BM truck gps, it placed him at the job site during the late evening. BM never told LE about his time there until confronted by LE. That’s when he remembered he had to do that “mechanical thing to his Bob cat.” That would definitely cause LE to want to go over the place with a fine tooth comb. We don’t know if any evidence was found. I hope & pray nothing was overlooked.
I’ll have to go back and listen but I thought BM said he forgot to tell LE what time he did something mechanical to his Bobcat. In other words he didn’t just say he forgot to mention something mechanical he did but also threw in the the time as part of the discrepancy. I might be remembering this incorrectly but even if BM himself didn’t bring up the time, why in the world would he need to do this mechanical thing so late at night? Especially if he was leaving at 5 am to go do the job in Broomfield. Shouldn’t he have been sleeping at that hour? If it was something he needed to do to the Bobcat to prepare for this job the next day (or that day by then) then why not just go to the construction site early in the morning, do whatever mechanical thing that needed done, load up the Bobcat and head to Broomfield? He didn’t need to go over there in the cover of darkness to do this thing, then go home and get only a few hours of sleep and then get up before dawn and leave for Broomfield. He was going to set up the job for Monday. He wasn’t on that tight of a time schedule that he would have had to do that mechanical thing in the middle of the night. The workers weren’t even there yet. Nobody was waiting on him. It doesn’t make any sense. IMO he got caught being there by LE from the gps data plus neighbor hearing the loud machinery noise and that was the best excuse he could come up with on the fly to explain why he was there and the noise.

Last edited:
What if the person that the bike was acquired from contacted PE with their story?

For Suzanne to disappear while riding her bike, she would need a working bicycle. Was the "parts bike" acquired hastily? Could that be why someone was camera shy from the beginning?

PE put that picture of all those bikes up for a reason and I am standing by my opinion that they were letting someone else know that they are in the know, KWIM?

MOO

I’ll have to go back and listen but I thought BM said he forgot to tell LE what time he did something mechanical to his Bobcat. In other words he didn’t just say he forgot to mention something mechanical he did but also threw in the the time as part of the discrepancy. I might be remembering this incorrectly but even if BM himself didn’t bring up the time, why in the world would he need to do this mechanical thing so late at night? Especially if he was leaving at 5 am to go do the job in Broomfield. Shouldn’t he have been sleeping at that hour? If it was something he needed to do to the Bobcat to prepare for this job the next day (or that day by then) then why not just go to the construction site early in the morning, do whatever mechanical thing that needed done, load up the Bobcat and head to Broomfield? He didn’t need to go over there in the cover of darkness to do this thing, then go home and get only a few hours of sleep and then get up before dawn and leave for Broomfield. He was going to set up the job for Monday. He wasn’t on that tight of a time schedule that he would have had to do that mechanical thing in the middle of the night. The workers weren’t even there yet. Nobody was waiting on him. It doesn’t make any sense. IMO he got caught being there by LE from the gps data plus neighbor hearing the loud machinery noise and that was the best excuse he could come up with on the fly to explain why he was there and the noise.

Re: "...BM said he forgot to tell LE what time he did something mechanical to his Bobcat."
You're correct

Suzanne’s husband admitted to one inconsistency in early police interviews.

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” Barry Morphew said.

Husband of missing Suzanne Morphew says police ‘screwed this whole thing up’ and are now trying to ‘blame it on me’ – Crime Online
Husband of missing Suzanne Morphew says police ‘screwed this whole thing up’ and are now trying to ‘blame it on me’

What if the person that the bike was acquired from contacted PE with their story?

For Suzanne to disappear while riding her bike, she would need a working bicycle. Was the "parts bike" acquired hastily? Could that be why someone was camera shy from the beginning?

PE put that picture of all those bikes up for a reason and I am standing by my opinion that they were letting someone else know that they are in the know, KWIM?

MOO

wow! I had not thought of the possibility that the parts bike (if it exists) was purchased very recently, like maybe even that MD weekend. That could very well be why BM avoided being on camera.

Re: "...BM said he forgot to tell LE what time he did something mechanical to his Bobcat."
You're correct

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” Barry Morphew said.

Husband of missing Suzanne Morphew says police ‘screwed this whole thing up’ and are now trying to ‘blame it on me’ – Crime Online
Husband of missing Suzanne Morphew says police ‘screwed this whole thing up’ and are now trying to ‘blame it on me’

Given the time frames of Mother's Day weekend, it’s pretty suspicious that BM didn’t know the time he did something to his bobcat.

BM worked at the Salida property from what, 8am - 11am. So his bobcat was there then.

Then he claims to have gone on a hike/bike ride with SM. And there are rumors that say he was downtown Saturday afternoon.

So the only time he was around his bobcat, according to his story, was for 1/2 day Saturday.

Then Sunday he claims to have left at 5am, and I think reports were that he did not bring a bobcat with him to Broomfield.

perhaps the mechanical thing he did was after Mother’s Day weekend but if it was during Mother’s Day weekend, there was only a small window of plausible time that he could or should have done something.

It doesn’t seem hard to remember an exact time of you were only around your bobcat for 3-4 hours Saturday morning.

I cycle and I don't keep a spare bike around for parts. If I need a part I go purchase just the part I need, new, that matches the makeup of my configuration. The logic to keep an entire bike around for spare parts escapes me. To make that even less sensical I understand she had a high end bike that she normally rode but the the spare parts bike was a low end beater (bike that you just beat up), most likely with low end parts. So if my $4k bike needed a new brake mechanism I certainly would not be pulling it off a beater.
You’re right, it’s nonsensical, parts from the spare beater bike would not be compatible with Suzanne’s high end bike IMO. Not only that, but iirc, LS reported that she confirmed Suzanne saw her bike mechanic/repair guy, Scot, on the Thursday (May 7, 2020) before she vanished, so why on earth would she need a parts bike lying around if she has her own bike mechanic? Iirc, LS also reported SM bike mechanic, Scot, wouldn’t/couldn’t elaborate more, my guess is, likely because LE asked him not to.

SM didn’t purchase the spare parts bike, reportedly, her husband purchased it sometime prior to Suzanne’s disappearance. The question is, why did BM purchase a spare parts bike, what did HE need it for??

All of the above IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
Given the time frames of Mother's Day weekend, it’s pretty suspicious that BM didn’t know the time he did something to his bobcat.

BM worked at the Salida property from what, 8am - 11am. So his bobcat was there then.

Then he claims to have gone on a hike/bike ride with SM. And there are rumors that say he was downtown Saturday afternoon.

So the only time he was around his bobcat, according to his story, was for 1/2 day Saturday.

Then Sunday he claims to have left at 5am, and I think reports were that he did not bring a bobcat with him to Broomfield.

perhaps the mechanical thing he did was after Mother’s Day weekend but if it was during Mother’s Day weekend, there was only a small window of plausible time that he could or should have done something.

It doesn’t seem hard to remember an exact time of you were only around your bobcat for 3-4 hours Saturday morning.

Was the bobcat on the river job site that half day Saturday him and MG worked there?

IMO we don't have enough information but I'll bet LE does.

Entirely possible there was a Bobcat at the Salida jobsite. A second Bobcat.

Entirely possible BM had a Bobcat in Broomfield, to "move some dirt around." He didn't leave a Bobcat there, but he might've used one there.

My question, why was he so intent on having that river area raked?

I'm guessing MG was able to provide very important information to LE to fill in a lot of gaps. If someone was unhappy she'd turn her phone over to LE, he can't be any too happy if she was forthcoming. I might leave my name and number with LE and move someplace safe myself.

She could lock down times, places.

I don't think Cat features in this story a'tall, but I'm close certain a Bob does.

JMO

You're correct

Thanks so much @dmac55 I thought so! And by him giving that ridiculous explanation hopefully it led LE to forensically examine his Bobcat. But it was sitting in the driveway with the end of a piece of yellow crime tape tied to it so ??? Did LE impound the Bobcat with the other vehicles and then return it to him? Why was BM hauling that darn Bobcat behind his truck everywhere he went during AM’s search? Weird. It seems strange that LE would go to the extreme effort of digging up the concrete and sifting through the dirt at the construction site but not take his Bobcat. Maybe they didn’t catch him omitting that little detail until later on after the gps data came in? I’ve been assuming it contributed to the FBI digging there but maybe there is still something else we aren’t aware of besides the neighbor hearing the noise - well and his ties to the construction going on at that site. I’m not trying to criticize LE here and we don’t know everything LE did or knows. Just curious and asking questions I have concerning the forgotten “mechanical thing” which could be anything from putting oil in it, changing out an attachment...or I don’t know...is burying a body a mechanical thing? :(

I’m convinced something very pertinent occurred at that construction that actually does explains the noise and the mechanical thing to the Bobcat...hopefully it will all make sense to us one day. Please God let it be SOON and let there be justice for Suzanne and all who loved her.

I said this a long time ago but just in addition to it being just plain stupid to go work on his Bobcat that late at night, in the dark, when you have to get up early the next morning, it also would be very inconsiderate to Suzanne. Because if this explanation is to be believed and Suzanne was alive & well then BM left Suzanne at home while he went off to do this thing. Now I don’t know about Suzanne, maybe she’s a night owl and routinely stayed up past midnight, but if it were me I would be annoyed. I’ve been married for as long as they were and I know how it goes. If it were my husband I surely would have said why can’t you just do that in the morning? But if for whatever reason he insisted he needed to be taken care of that late then I would at least make sure he had his phone with him in case he was injured working on his equipment (in the dark:rolleyes:) or had a flat tire or got in an accident, hit a deer...anything can happen that late. I’m a worrier and probably couldn’t fall asleep until he was home safe. And if I was already being kept up past my bedtime, I would really be irritated that when I finally got to sleep I was woken up early before dawn on Mother’s Day. BM said he left Suzanne asleep in her bed that morning. Who knows, maybe Suzanne was a sound sleeper and didn’t wake up when BM stirs because she was used to him getting up really early for work. I’m not a light or heavy sleeper just average but I still always wake up a little bit if my husband gets up or my dog jumps on or off the bed. And there have been times when I have gone to sleep if he has to work late or a meeting has run late because I had to get up early for work the next morning. But I always wake up a little when he comes to bed. For that matter even when he is trying to be quiet, I hear the garage door open, then the door from the garage into the house, then him walking quietly down the hallway and through the bedroom into the bathroom to change, brush his teeth, etc. and finally I can feel him climbing into bed. Most people that share a bed don’t sleep that soundly.

I think it would be very inconsiderate to Suzanne for BM to go out that late unless there was a very good reason - like an emergency - not doing a mechanical thing to a piece of equipment for a job the next day. Ok I might even buy that she was asleep in the morning when he left but I still think it’s doubtful she wouldn’t have woken up when he got up...and the explanation about forgetting to tell LE that he left his house late at night to drive to a construction site to do a non-urgent mechanical thing to his Bobcat is just ridiculous! Unless the Bobcat was already in the driveway and he is claiming he did the mechanical thing at home but even then it’s still silly and I think most of us agree on this so I don’t know why I feel the need to keep arguing this point anyway. I will let it go now but it really irks me that he thinks people are that stupid. Liar, liar better call your firefighter buddies BM ‘cause your pants are on fire! :p

MOO

I’m looking for a picture of the bikes on PE but I can’t find it. Can you or anyone tell me where to look please?

You’re right, it’s nonsensical, parts from the spare beater bike would not be compatible with Suzanne’s high end bike IMO. Not only that, but iirc, LS reported that she confirmed Suzanne saw her bike mechanic/repair guy, Scot, on the Thursday (May 7, 2020) before she vanished, so why on earth would she need a parts bike lying around if she has her own bike mechanic? Iirc, LS also reported SM bike mechanic, Scot, wouldn’t/couldn’t elaborate more, my guess is, likely because LE asked him not to.

SM didn’t purchase the spare parts bike, reportedly, her husband purchased it sometime prior to Suzanne’s disappearance. The question is, why did BM purchase a spare parts bike, what did HE need it for??

All of the above IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Who reported that Barry claimed he bought the bike for parts. Where did that claim come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay