Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My interpretation is that he was relaying how it was found, not that he personally saw it. And stopped because he realized he shouldn’t be discussing it. LE themselves haven’t even released they’ve found it.
I would have thought that, as well, but the way he gestured led me to believe he had seen it leaning against the tree with the wheel positioned a specific way. Up until I saw the video, I was giving him the benefit of doubt but seeing him begin to describe the bike but stop himself and then trash LE, pushed me off the fence.

Last edited:
For me that is the problem, I see nothing clear where Barry’s involved, always convoluted and no explanations offered. For example, the opening story. Barry was at fire fighter training. It was a questionable statement almost for day one…Did Barry make any effort to clear things up? Ever? No, it took the fire chief to make a statement two weeks later.

In the entire interview with Draper Barry says over and over again…”We” in speaking to the Suzanne search that night. At 2:53 or so he makes sweeping gestures to the opposite side of the street, with his arms, noting “that’s where we were but then the Sherriff let everybody drive on this side of the road,” again making sweeping arm gestures in front of them…” (as if he were there) "destroying all the evidence”

Actual Quotes “a sheriff let everybody through here” “recovering all messed up all the evidence” “they were walking all over us
Barry's not the brightest bulb in the package IMO, but he knows basic language usage, "we vs. they"

The only way it makes sense is if he was on "Facetime" with George and/or company possibly leading them to the planted bike. Come to think of it...that could make LE suspicious.

Barry also used "we' when discussing calling the neighbor. Does anybody have that clip handy?
I believe “we” referred at that time to the daughters, the neighbor and he..all of whom were alleged to be going back and forth I assume by phone. I believe it was George or someone at the scene when the bike was found that told them they pulled it up from the ravine as Barry was on the road home at that point. The firefighter training comment was erroneous and not from Barry so I imagine he didn’t care when social media ran with it. It was only important what he told LE

I believe “we” referred at that time to the daughters, the neighbor and he..all of whom were alleged to be going back and forth I assume by phone. I believe it was George or someone at the scene when the bike was found that told them they pulled it up from the ravine as Barry was on the road home at that point. The firefighter training comment was erroneous and not from Barry so I imagine he didn’t care when social media ran with it. It was only important what he told LE

So far apart, and that's allowed, Good news Yes we agree, it's only important what he told LE. My problem was for him (playing victim) to jump on the public, and LE and his ex employees saying everyone is too critical of him?? Suzanne is the victim. He brought every bit on himself. I don't believe for one minute that a reporter just dreamed up...Let's say he was at fire training, Yeah that's it! Absolutely I think it was a family member as he was nowhere to found for any accountability
and where would they get that tidbit from?

I can't defend/make excuses for someone referring to themselves as "we." and not clarifying. That's just me. It's makes no sense when he's talking about finding the bike, was he there or not?

And I think most people are reasonable in their judgments. All I hear from him are games.

Former homicide detective and cold case investigator, Chris McDonough calls that "burying himself in the crowd." I remember Chris and the linguistic analysts talking about it in their recent analysis of the husband's statements during an interview in the Maya Millete case. It's an attempt to diminish one's personal association with or responsibility for something by making it appear it was the consensus of others there.
I didn't hear CM say that but I have heard it before and it makes perfect sense, really.
Funny how we give ourselves away with our speaking, body language and facial expressions, and don't even realize it.

Maybe BM knows that, since he's an alleged "true crime" buff, and that's why he never once went on camera in an interview. I thought he acted like someone who didn't want to be possibly recognized, but maybe he's someone that didn't want to have his voice/body language, etc., analyzed by anyone? I know that might sound far fetched but heck, all the events of last Mother's Day weekend for the Morphew family sound equally far-fetched so, who knows.

jmo

I would have thought that, as well, but the way he gestured led me to believe he had seen it leaning against the tree with the wheel positioned a specific way. Up until I saw the video, I was giving him the benefit of doubt but seeing him begin to describe the bike but stop himself and then trash LE, pushed me off the fence.
bbm
In the other missing cases I've followed here, it's rare to see the relative of a missing person trash LE.
Sometimes it's due to the wheels of justice grinding slowly.... but in this particular case the accusations against LE's handling of Suzanne's case came quickly.
If your loved one is missing, you should be cooperative and grasping for any help available.
MOO

You should probably listen again. Nowhere in that interview does Morgan state anything about BM being outside her place.
I am going to agree with you ... for now.
I swear I remember Morgan stating that but I have spent these past few days looking and even going thru old articles I saved as pdf's (because we all know how news goes missing)
I thought for sure I saved an article specifically quoting Morgan

However, none of my pdf files state directly from her.

And while searching, I ended up with Dr Phil, Profiling Evil (love these guys, btw) and Suzanne's brother Andy.
they are the ones that stated this--that Morgan knew the sound of BM's truck, which I can relate to... I know the sound of my family members and neighbors vehicles.....so I get that.
she thought it was around 4 am and recognized the sound of his truck. I can understand that and why she may have told others that.

HOWEVER... nowhere can I find proof of Morgan herself stating that information.
So @Force Ten I tend to agree with you and until we hear it from LE or Morgan herself.. and while I, personally, believe it is true....there is NO proof to it.

I will keep looking as like I said, I swear I saw it but for right now, I cannot find it.

For me that is the problem, I see nothing clear where Barry’s involved, always convoluted and no explanations offered. For example, the opening story. Barry was at fire fighter training. It was a questionable statement almost for day one…Did Barry make any effort to clear things up? Ever? No, it took the fire chief to make a statement two weeks later.

In the entire interview with Draper Barry says over and over again…”We” in speaking to the Suzanne search that night. At 2:53 or so he makes sweeping gestures to the opposite side of the street, with his arms, noting “that’s where we were but then the Sherriff let everybody drive on this side of the road,” again making sweeping arm gestures in front of them…” (as if he were there) "destroying all the evidence”

Actual Quotes “a sheriff let everybody through here” “recovering all messed up all the evidence” “they were walking all over us
Barry's not the brightest bulb in the package IMO, but he knows basic language usage, "we vs. they"

The only way it makes sense is if he was on "Facetime" with George and/or company possibly leading them to the planted bike. Come to think of it...that could make LE suspicious.

Barry also used "we' when discussing calling the neighbor. Does anybody have that clip handy?

I didn't see the video, but your post about it/him reminds me of Smeagle in THE LORD OF THE RINGS.

Two events to honor Suzanne Morphew, nearly a year after she went missing in Chaffee County | FOX21 News Colorado

I have access denied, but thought I'd post in case it hasn't been already

Hope everyone is doing ok?
All is well here.
Hope the same to yourself and family and all who are here.

Thanks for posting the link; and thanks to LS !
I'm glad to see that LS and the Moorman family care about Suzanne.

From the link :
In the weeks and months following Suzanne’s disappearance, law enforcement agencies executed two search warrants at her Maysville home; a judge has ordered those documents sealed. The Morphew family home was put on the market in October and was sold last month.
At the end of September Suzanne’s brother, Andy Moorman, led a 6-day search effort to find any evidence connected to his sister’s disappearance.
Emphasis mine.

First bolded :
It'd be interesting to know what's in those sealed documents.
Must be significant.
In the first photos of the PP home for sale the kitchen and mud room were left out.
Later, when updated photos were added, the kitchen and mud or utility room were added but were older photos, most likely the first photos shown when they were about to purchase the home.

So possible old photos that didn't show any repairs to damage in the house ?
I think AM knows more than we do and hence his statement that LE just need to seal the envelope.
My guess is that LE want to find her remains.

Second bolded : If went missing, I know with a certainty that my spouse would not jump to sell our home, but would anxiously be cooperating with LE and doing everything possible and more; so that I'd have a home to come back to .

As far as that 'reward', it's easy to offer one ... paying it out is another matter entirely.
Imo.

Last edited:
All is well here.
Hope the same to yourself and family and all who are here.

Thanks for posting the link; and thanks to LS !
I'm glad to see that LS and the Moorman family care about Suzanne.

From the link :
In the weeks and months following Suzanne’s disappearance, law enforcement agencies executed two search warrants at her Maysville home; a judge has ordered those documents sealed. The Morphew family home was put on the market in October and was sold last month.
At the end of September Suzanne’s brother, Andy Moorman, led a 6-day search effort to find any evidence connected to his sister’s disappearance.
Emphasis mine.

First bolded :
It'd be interesting to know what's in those sealed documents.
Must be significant.
In the first photos of the PP home for sale the kitchen and mud room were left out.
Later, when updated photos were added, the kitchen and mud or utility room were added but were older photos, most likely the first photos shown when they were about to purchase the home.

So possible old photos that didn't show any repairs to damage in the house ?
I think AM knows more than we do and hence his statement that LE just need to seal the envelope.
My guess is that LE want to find her remains.

Second bolded : If went missing, I know with a certainty that my spouse would not jump to sell our home, but would anxiously be cooperating with LE and doing everything possible and more; so that I'd have a home to come back to .

As far as that 'reward', it's easy to offer one ... paying it out is another matter entirely.
Imo.

Interesting take! When AM stated "... seal the envelope", I thought he was speaking metaphorically.

Interesting take! When AM stated "... seal the envelope", I thought he was speaking metaphorically.
bbm
Oh, for sure.

I believe AM knows like many of us suspect -- that Suzanne is gone forever.
But it sounds like he's confident that LE aren't anywhere close to declaring this case cold, and that finding remains would seal it.
Sadly, LE may have to move forward without Suzanne's body.
MOO

"Not Left the House." Meaning?
On a Profiling Evil podcast, likely several months ago, one of the hosts said (my paraphrasing):
Suzanne has not yet left the house. Can anyone remember? Was that his phrasing? Close? How do you interpret?

Did he think - LE has not yet found evd of SM being live away from Puma Path after a certain time [like when BM said he left Sun. a.m., or after disputed sandwich shop order to go Sat afternoon, or ?]
Or did he say 'not left the house' meaning - SM's remains are in the house itself or on PP property? TiA

Sorry, wish I could find link.

Last edited:
On a Profiling Evil podcast, likely several months ago, one of the hosts said (my paraphrasing):
Suzanne has not yet left the house. Can anyone remember? Was that his phrasing? Close? How do you interpret?
I thought that they were saying in their opinion, she was killed in the house. They were not wanting to look any where else for clues as to her being abducted or killed else where. They kept repeating....we have not left the house.

Did he think - LE has not yet found evd of SM being live away from Puma Path after a certain time [like when BM said he left Sun. a.m., or after disputed sandwich shop order to go Sat afternoon, or ?]
Or did he say 'not left the house' meaning - SM's remains are in the house itself or on PP property? TiA

No need for a link. I'm sure we've all heard it several times now. I believe it was also said close to the end of the very first P/E show discussing Suzanne missing, back when it was Mike and Chris together with Lauren. I have always taken it to mean there is zero evidence that Suzanne ever left the house or was seen anywhere that final few days. May not have even made that 'bike repair appointment" w/Scott on Thursday. No video, no phone pings, no eye witnesses, no scent in the driveway, no returned phone calls, email, texts etc. It also wouldn't surprise me at all, if a camera or two should have picked up a bike or a person walking by but there's no Suzanne.

I didn't take it to mean literally her remains.

I didn't hear CM say that but I have heard it before and it makes perfect sense, really.
Funny how we give ourselves away with our speaking, body language and facial expressions, and don't even realize it.

Maybe BM knows that, since he's an alleged "true crime" buff, and that's why he never once went on camera in an interview. I thought he acted like someone who didn't want to be possibly recognized, but maybe he's someone that didn't want to have his voice/body language, etc., analyzed by anyone? I know that might sound far fetched but heck, all the events of last Mother's Day weekend for the Morphew family sound equally far-fetched so, who knows.

jmo
Hi
Who said BM is a True crime buff?
That is really interesting.

Hi
Who said BM is a True crime buff?
That is really interesting.
Hi Boxer. This was stated by Chris M. on his Interview Room show. He said he’d talked with some of BM’s friends that told him BM is a True Crime buff. Starts a 1:41 at link below, Chris explains about Barry listening to True Crime podcasts on his hunting trips....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aoGvOFfQgW8

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Hi Boxer. This was stated by Chris M. on his Interview Room show. He said he’d talked with some of BM’s friends that told him BM is a True Crime buff. Starts a 1:41 at link below, Chris explains about Barry listening to True Crime podcasts on his hunting trips....

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
I think that is really a big piece of informationm. And naturally a true crime buff is going to immediately realize, the cat did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megsleuths97