Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a fingernail with the victim's color of polish on it....or was that another case?

jmo
I think it was both the tooth and the nail with some polish. :(
Horrific monster, that Richard Crafts.
Helle was the wife and victim.

The first 'no body' conviction for CT.
Why can't these types just get a divorce ??? :mad:

With all the talk about what pictures of the site were taken when I’m confused about what is happening now. Is the blue tent over the rectangular looking hole from today? Is the white tent not up today? And I couldn’t find the pic that shows what might be a dog leash. Can anyone refer me or post photos from today? Thank you in advance!

With all the talk about what pictures of the site were taken when I’m confused about what is happening now. Is the blue tent over the rectangular looking hole from today? Is the white tent not up today? And I couldn’t find the pic that shows what might be a dog leash. Can anyone refer me or post photos from today? Thank you in advance!
There has been very little coverage today. My hunch is media is giving LE some space after yesterday.

I'm searching for the photos of today that people are posting about but I can't find anything, as of this moment.

jmo

Crickets from MSM today as to photos. MOO all from yesterday MOO

Perhaps they were sifting looking for small personal possessions, bloody clothing bits, paper. Maybe just a few personal effects like wedding rings or other identifiable jewelry, stuff run through a shredder like credit cards, passport, other ID?

I've looked but didn't see it, did the homeowner mention what day BM was there to lay dirt? Or even when BM was first hired by her?
Apologies if I've missed the obvious.

I am just catching up on this thread so please forgive me if this has been answered already.

As far as I can tell, the only info that offers a clue about dates came from Richard Salinger at CBS4 reporting. He said landowner first met Barry Morphew 3 weeks ago.

It is odd that no reporters have pinned down when Morphew completed laying down the dirt and when was the concrete poured.

"The brown thing is a puzzler. You think it might be a dog. I'm going with "Ernie about to get up and dance himself to sleep" - Final answer."

Things can fall into multiple groups. Considering how I can replace solving a mystery, a puzzle, especially a missing person situation, with sleep, I will definitely say Dancing Self to Sleep is a final answer. I see the rock also has ears however. Such as it is with trying to see things from a distance. We do the best we can.
I feel for those LE and agents. That is back breaking work, rocks and sand/dirt, is harder on your back than a landfill. To keep up that kind of effort, they must have some kind of grounds. Efficiency = effective. I hope they have a good lead.

REVEALED: Missing mom Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the residential building site that Colorado cops searching for her are digging up

Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online

The first and third photo show what looks to be the back of a brown dog with dappling and a leash extended to the left going to the area of a pine tree. The "dog" appears in the central lower portion of the picture frame. Rocks and logs usually don't have leashes, but this could be a dog, could be a rock. What do you think?

Good to have a dog on hand.

I'd say that this alone shows LE thinks he's a POI (regardless of whether they utter those words or not). Instead of using just words, they are letting facts speak for themselves.

If a man whose wife had gone missing had been doing digging and "dirt work" in my yard (or concrete), I'd for sure call that in as a tip.

Was the underground radar confirmed by MSM? I think it was yesterday, but otherwise I assume they would have used that before digging.

Interesting.

The building inspector was at the site inspecting piers and insulation under the slab on 5/11, 5/14 & 5/15. So exactly when would BM have brought something there?

Unfortunately, we don't have any info on who and when someone other than BM last saw Suzanne alive.
Where did you read that? Is there a link somewhere I missed? (entirely possible)

Re-watching the helicopter view of the Morphew home. At 1:23 you can see yellow crime tape in an area where it looks like there was some recent movement of dirt. Not sure if the bobcat and trailer parked near there is BM's or LE's?

I'd say that this alone shows LE thinks he's a POI (regardless of whether they utter those words or not). Instead of using just words, they are letting facts speak for themselves.

If a man whose wife had gone missing had been doing digging and "dirt work" in my yard (or concrete), I'd for sure call that in as a tip.

Was the underground radar confirmed by MSM? I think it was yesterday, but otherwise I assume they would have used that before digging.

I think LE is going to skip the whole POI announcement & jump right into 'prime suspect' & arrest ;)

JMO

Neighbor who can watch everything going on at the dig site also said the guy doing dirt work
was there all weekend including Mother's Day.
They thought it odd they were working on a
Sunday.
Didn't say directly but it sounded like someone
called in the tip to LE once they knew who was
doing the dirt work on a Sunday.

Can you share the link to where you read this?
TIA

BBM:

Ah! So, it's actually unoccupied.

That answers one of my questions.

Easy to see now how someone would conclude they could dispose of a body unheard/unseen/undetected on that property.

JMO.

Someone would still have to be pretty stealth to bury a body there, as this property is not isolated. Looks like there are occupied homes fairly close.

Interesting.

The building inspector was at the site inspecting piers and insulation under the slab on 5/11, 5/14 & 5/15. So exactly when would BM have brought something there?

Unfortunately, we don't have any info on who and when someone other than BM last saw Suzanne alive.

I wish we had verification of when SM was, for sure, last heard from or seen. (Not text or email or any means by which someone else could be pretending to be her.)

Sometimes big slabs are poured in sections, with rebar left exposed from the first section to tie into the next, and so on. That might explain the building inspector making repeat visits--checking how much rebar was being used, how it was being tied in, and depending on the area and project, they might also check the concrete mixture before it is poured. (That would be rare for home building, happens often with highways, public buildings, and large multi-story construction. I've helped with quite a few concrete pads, and once we told the plant how to mix it, we just had to trust they did so properly. We did have city inspectors checking the site compaction, the size of rebar, the density of rebar placement, etc.)

If SM was put in the ground 5/8 to 5/10, I'm guessing she was well wrapped and buried fairly deep, covered, and then the site prep continued. Ground tamped solid, then rebar laid over the ground, at whatever density was required for the integrity of the concrete pad.

Neighbor who can watch everything going on at the dig site also said the guy doing dirt work was there all weekend including Mother's Day. They thought it odd they were working on a Sunday. Didn't say directly but it sounded like someone called in the tip to LE once they knew who was doing the dirt work on a Sunday.

Wow. Thank you, Gladys. I'm so glad someone was aware and willing to call LE.

Thank you. I saw those photos with the white tent said Friday but I wonder if the photo with the blue tent over the hole is today. And curious when the helicopter footage of dog site was taken. It seemed like it was from this morning. I went and looked on YouTube to see if there were any videos from today. That’s weird how there isn’t much today. Maybe it’s being guarded heavily today. Oh well they should be finishing for the day within a few hours so maybe we will learn more later tonight. I need to take a break and do some things anyway and get my mind off of this. My husband is wondering why I am so obsessed with this. I told him I just felt like I could relate to this story. He said if I was going to kill you I would have done it a long time ago. Thanks honey that’s a relief.

The last of the dirt was laid in when? When was the cement laid?

It seems that the dirt it had to be finished on Friday the 8th or morning of Saturday the 9th.

How do we know that?

We are both right in our memories, there was a fingernail and crowns from her teeth. His name is Richard Craft and he just was released from prison this last January. First conviction in Connecticut without a body.
Might be yet another one in CO.....we'll see.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member