Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbor who can watch everything going on at the dig site also said the guy doing dirt work
was there all weekend including Mother's Day.
They thought it odd they were working on a
Sunday.
Didn't say directly but it sounded like someone
called in the tip to LE once they knew who was
doing the dirt work on a Sunday.
Is there a link.

With a landscaping business in the Rockies you bet they have access to a large wood chipper . If that’s what LE suspected, I imagine they could easily obtain DNA evidence from said equipment.

A stump grinder might be easier to use and easier to clean, but the time for using a stump grinder in the CR 105 project was a long time before SM disappeared. IMO

How utterly selfish must someone be to do this to someone's body. There would be no closure. The ones left behind would have any little peace they had shattered. Every time the phone rings, every time someone knocks at the door, every time they hear footsteps coming their way, everytime they saw a glimpse of someone familiar, every time they went to any place they shared, how shocking to their system. For years or forever.

Perhaps they were sifting looking for small personal possessions, bloody clothing bits, paper. Maybe just a few personal effects like wedding rings or other identifiable jewelry, stuff run through a shredder like credit cards, passport, other ID?
I think something small and made out of metal. eg, murder weapon, a gun.

Maybe he has the equipment to dig and pound so is hired to do that work as odd job, in addition to landscaping? IDK. Definitely is not a landscaping work....under concrete.

Maybe he wasn't in the habit of doing odd jobs like this, but needed a suitable location and cover story planned in advance.

This is just so creepy....

BM has one of those mini-digger-scooper thingies in his yard. He evidently was doing some hardscaping there. The equipment is in plain view of the helicopter in the flyover video.

Interesting.

The building inspector was at the site inspecting piers and insulation under the slab on 5/11, 5/14 & 5/15. So exactly when would BM have brought something there?

Unfortunately, we don't have any info on who and when someone other than BM last saw Suzanne alive.
5/8 or 5/9

Where did this info come from, tyvnm

I'd say that this alone shows LE thinks he's a POI (regardless of whether they utter those words or not). Instead of using just words, they are letting facts speak for themselves.

If a man whose wife had gone missing had been doing digging and "dirt work" in my yard (or concrete), I'd for sure call that in as a tip.

Was the underground radar confirmed by MSM? I think it was yesterday, but otherwise I assume they would have used that before digging.
I think police always regard the partner of a missing woman as a POI, period. Regardless of alibis or circumstances, that's always there even when another scenario seems more likely.

Does anyone know who gets stuck with the bill to fix the landscaping/foundation etc. that’s being destroyed? Looks expensive. Just curious!

I think the county would pay for it, but once someone is charged they would have to pay restitution to pay it back. I think that’s how I understood this when explained to me by a lawyer friend.

Maybe he wasn't in the habit of doing odd jobs like this, but needed a suitable location and cover story planned in advance.

BM has one of those mini-digger-scooper thingies in his yard. He evidently was doing some hardscaping there. The equipment is in plain view of the helicopter in the flyover video.

BBM.
That phrase “mini-digger-scooper thingies” made LOL for real. Thanks for that! :D

Last edited:
bbm

A skid-steer loader with bucket attachment. There are a few attachments available, such as, a rock sorter, plow blade, rake, etc.

Last edited:
I’m still not sure if it’s just the dirt that was used or if concrete is a component.
Are you saying remains fragments could have been mixed in with the concrete?

I'm not a builder, but maybe someone could clarify about cement pouring. It arrives at the construction site in one of those big cement trucks, correct? And it's already mixed in that truck, so there's no mixing on site and combining additional ingredients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214