Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I was thinking. Do they have a small fire pit? I couldn’t tell if my neighbors had a small fire. People burn brush here all the time - just carefully since we’re in the forest too. If the neighborhood is mostly AirBnBs would people really call the police over a fire down the block in a place they don’t live? I know I wouldn’t unless I saw a house on fire.
A fire needed to burn a body to ashes would take a long time, and in that part of the country people would become concerned after only a short period of time because they’re in wildfire country. Recreational outdoor fires are typically small and aren’t kept burning for long periods of time.

I'm thinking the trailer schlepped around the s-d-t, and that's how the dirt got on it. The dirt could have been from extra-curricular digging work at the search site.

Moving new dirt suitable for the pad maybe could have been accomplished with an s-d-t (scooper-digger-thingie for the as yet uninitiated in my creative vocabulary) to do the detail work, while a bigger piece of machinery (the kind that are generally gold-colored) would be needed to contour the whole lot.

My house just got built last year, and they did something like this. They had an adorable s-d-t for finesse like the gritty driveway and an ancient but serviceable monster to man-handle the lot, move felled trees, etc. My lot might actually be about the same size as the search-site lot. IIRC, my fellas dug the ditches by hand, but I had a virgin lot, and the search-site will have had utilities in situ.

That’s good...the smaller s-d-t would be perfect for the smaller “extra” job. But wouldn’t that be kinda dumb to leave it out in your driveway? When did LE takeover the house? Were they already searching the home on Monday after Mother’s Day? Maybe it happened so fast and unexpectedly that there wasn’t time to clean everything up when he got home. Also if the daughters were coming home it would not be smart to leave the equipment there. Well unless he used it for his landscaping and it was always there in the driveway. But still it just seems like a bad idea to dispose of a body in any way associated with your work. But someone posted earlier that Chris Watts did it and a few other well known cases. If it was not premeditated and the unsub (Criminal Minds anyone?) is in a panicked hurry then maybe you go with what you know. It is so hard to dispose of a body! Carol Baskin had it made though with those tigers!

Obviously no other evidence has pointed the investigators to another suspect or they would have done that already. They would not be searching and sifting where they are and wasting all this time if evidence had not led them there. This is painstaking work.

Devils advocate: BLM is not the only person who has had access to that building site.

So you are proposing that he slipped in Sunday night and buried the body, replacing all of the insulation exactly, so that the people who laid it wouldn't notice Monday morning? I'm not asking if it would be impossible, but it seems to me like a stupid plan. If he did it, he's a moron; and if he did it and got away with it, he's got to be the luckiest sub-contractor in Colorado. IMO

It's usually not insulation. It's just a moisture barrier (at least when I lived in CO and NM, that's how it was). We did it ourselves. I've always poured concrete (3.5 inches) here in California - moisture barrier is just plastic (can't remember the mm)

If someone knows that the plastic is already down and the concrete guy is ready to come, what better time to put a body under that plastic? Almost any number of people could have known. But it's not an infinite number of people.

So I am way behind trying to catch up...but they were also searching the family residence and have outdoor areas taped off. He could have done something like that at the residence...and then disposed of whatever he had or was left at the other site.

One thing for sure...there are digging up areas connected to him. He is the common denominator. They must have other information about him we just don't know for sure.

Something I can't stop thinking about...part of me really hopes they do not find her at this construction site under that concrete. Because if they do there really is no doubt he did this....and how will that kind of revelation impact the two daughters. That's just so wrong and so sad.

Connected to the landscaping business, probably. But we don't have any evidence or statement that BM ever personally worked at the construction site. It would be typical for that kind of work to be done by an employee or a subcontracted crew.

It could even be somebody who knew about the work and knew that using the construction site would throw suspicion elsewhere. Somebody who overheard a conversation, or saw the work being done, or talked casually to BM. Do I think it likely? No. But it's possible.

That’s good...the smaller s-d-t would be perfect for the smaller “extra” job. But wouldn’t that be kinda dumb to leave it out in your driveway? When did LE takeover the house? Were they already searching the home on Monday after Mother’s Day? Maybe it happened so fast and unexpectedly that there wasn’t time to clean everything up when he got home. Also if the daughters were coming home it would not be smart to leave the equipment there. Well unless he used it for his landscaping and it was always there in the driveway. But still it just seems like a bad idea to dispose of a body in any way associated with your work. But someone posted earlier that Chris Watts did it and a few other well known cases. If it was not premeditated and the unsub (Criminal Minds anyone?) is in a panicked hurry then maybe you go with what you know. It is so hard to dispose of a body! Carol Baskin had it made though with those tigers!

So, perhaps the perp had the IQ range of Frazee?

At any rate, there's way more we need to learn/know before jumping to conclusions. But the digging (thurs, fri, saturday as I understand it - please correct if I'm wrong) is intriguing. And it's definitely associated with Suzanne per MSM and LE.

IMO sifting implies to me they're not expecting to locate a full intact body. Sorry to be gruesome but that's what it looks like to me.

< no barnyard animal noises, I'm not cattle>
Which reminds me of a previous post suggesting that with the combined knowledge of a first responder and a landscaper anything is possible. Heartbreaking!

I thought it was weird that the nephew (spokesman) never went on tv. Lauren Scharf just said in her Facebook live that not showing his face was his requirement. She also said he stopped responding to media inquiries.
Hmm.
"Circling the wagons" ???
Some people rally around the culprit no matter what.

You can't use magnets to find bone or human tissue, just to clear that up.

Implants are usually made of titanium or silicon, and fillings are not made of ferromagnetic materials.

It would be great for anthropology if it was that simple.

(Great documentary available on Youtube by Donald Johanson, University of Northern Arizona, UCBerkeley) about how bones are actually found.

"In search of human origins" - Part One has the most information.

Lauren Scharf on her FB live, said the fire chief - Bertram - told her that he thought (heard?) the bike was found in a ravine. Daily Mail reported it was found on a bridge. No confirmation from authorities if either scenario is accurate. (This was the first I had heard about potentially in a ravine.)

(ETA: corrected spelling of Bertram, Chaffee County's fire chief)

Last edited:
...wondering if LE searched the Arkansas River that runs behind the property where LE has most recently searched?
Whenever I read of a river mentioned in this case, I cant get Leonard Cohen’s song “Suzanne” out of my head. I wonder if the song was special to her/them
.......She takes me down to her place by the river....

Last edited:
I heat my house with a wood burning fireplace insert that is the same set-up as theirs and I am pretty sure that you aren't going to be burning a human body in it. Just the dimensions of the stove itself makes it pretty unlikely not to mention you would need a really really hot fire to perform such a feat. Not totally impossible but not an easy task.
Yes, and as we know from the Patrick Frazee case, burning a body requires intense heat and it takes a long time.

Yes - the chief fire officer (I think his surname is Bertram) gave an interview this week in response to the question as to whether there had been any fire training in Denver, which is what was reported across multiple MSM sites as BM's reason for being away from home on Mother's day and prior to that.
The CFO replied to the effect that there wasn't any training going on - due to COVID-19, so unless BM had paid for some private training, there wasn't any fire training going on Denver. The fire chief then added that it was his understanding that BM was working on a landscaping job that day.
JMO
Um...because he was.
And who schedules training on a Sunday....during a pandemic.....on Mother's Day no less. Pretty much nobody.

Last edited:
It’s probably neither here nor there but this looks very similar to their fireplace. 45 inches x 50 inches.

Napoleon High Country 6000 Wood Fireplace NZ6000-1
That's a very large fireplace. Efficient, too. My hinky meter has heated up. I wonder if logs have recently been moved from the outdoor woodpile... there would be a trail of debris through the house to the fireplace. It would suggest the fireplace had been used recently if there was such debris. Also, there wouldn't be dust on the top of the wood pile.

Vis a vis an earlier post I made. BM would have access to lime as a landscaper; he may also be one of those animal hunters that uses lime to dispose of large animal carcasses. Although lime is effective in breaking down organic compounds, it is likely there would still be bone fragments of large bones in particular.

Yep - like a skull, unless it was crushed into powdery fragments beforehand. The occipital in particular.

But joints of the long bones too. Very hard to dissolve in lime. Especially on a short time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE