Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - like a skull, unless it was crushed into powdery fragments beforehand. The occipital in particular.

But joints of the long bones too. Very hard to dissolve in lime. Especially on a short time frame.

Precisely. And lime is a readily available material and no-one would raise eyebrows at the purchase of it by a landscape gardener.

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 23, 2020

Update: There are no new developments on May 23, 2020.

A search being conducted at a residence on the east side of Salida in connection with the Suzanne Morphew missing person case has concluded for the day. Investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI plan to return to the site to continue the search on Sunday, May 24, 2020.

To date, the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office reports that Ms. Morphew has not been located and there have been no arrests in the investigation.

Press release May 23, 2020 - Chaffee County Sheriff

About that s-t-d digger "thingie".
From the photos it appears to be a backhoe ?
For excavating smaller areas and/or trenches.

There's also a front-end loader, although these usually do not come with the back part or narrow scoop.
Just saying.
I am curious about what exactly led LE to dig there but I'd bet it was HRD dogs and neither a confession nor an accomplice.
At this time, anyway.
Imo.

Maybe. someone in his circle of friends, firefighters or church friend, is a general contractor and he did the job through that friend. Endless possibilities.
In my neck of the woods, most first responders have second jobs given the 24 hour on 48 off shifts. It provides extra income and keeps them busy and active on their off days.

If a first responder had a team of other first responders who were between them essentially available 7 days a week that would be a very profitable situation as a second job. Like a Landscaping team made up of firemen and women.
Also wondering if the we will do whatever it takes video was a call out to whoever unknowingly assisted in this situation because someone put things together and wasn’t likely to stay quiet. Whatever it takes he said. Imo

LE seemed to be very precise in the square of concrete they cut out, yet are using a sifter on the dirt underneath. How did they choose that particular square and not a square 15 feet away?
Did someone tip them to that particular spot or did they use ground radar to choose the spot? And, if they used either method to choose that particular spot, wouldn't you think they would have found something? This is making me nuts !

That's what I want to know...all of the above!!

Buuuut.... we don't know the time frame. Coulda been a "long" time, who knows?
Good point.
We don't know how long she was 'missing'.

The above poster also pointed out that the 'blessed' FB photo on Suzanne's page was at least a year old, if not more.
We have no idea what she looked like in her last days.

That should have been important to anyone who thought an abductor had taken her--- a recent photo should have been given to LE.
Not to mention a description of her clothing , shoes, etc.
We still do not know what kind of bike she had, but that's probably a moot point by now.

There was an image posted on FB of Suzanne and her two daughters the day before she supposedly went missing. It had the caption 'Blessed' on it. What if someone else posted the picture after she was already deceased?

Is this an approved source? Who posted it? Is it on Suzanne's page? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
So where is the woods chipper with human DNA? Is there hiding places for that in. the area?

If BM has employees, he must have equipment. Beyond the Bobcat and trailer at the home, I see nothing there. Does BM have a yard where he stores his landscaping equipment, trucks, etc? I've searched and found nothing.

The Inspection is clearly "5-11-2020.........Insulation - Under Slab......Passed"

Okay. Well, I'm still claiming it's probably plastic and not what we usually think of as "insulation" in attics or under drywall.

We'd call it "moisture barrier" if we were trying to get someone to do it. I suppose code enforcement has their own categories - but my point is that lifting such a thing up, prior to the pouring, is easy peasy mc-geezy and even I could do it, and I am a klutz.

I'm not sure of the accuracy of the address here as there's no link verifying this address but Realtor.com photos for this address reveal there are a few existing concrete slabs at that address probably foundations for prefab, shop, or mobile home units previously housed there.

Any demolition, clearing permits, etc. in your research?

12/17/2019 ***** COUNTY ROAD 105 , UNINCORPORATED CHAFFEE COUNTY, CO DEMOLITION PERMIT

Lauren Scharf on her FB live, said the fire chief (Betram?) told her that he thought (heard?) the bike was found in a ravine. Daily Mail reported it was found on a bridge. No confirmation from authorities if either scenario is accurate. (This was the first I had heard about potentially in a ravine.)

Didn't Nancy Grace specifically used the Phrase/scenario the bike was found "under the bridge" Actually I think she was "questioning", not sure and not sure the final resolution to the question if there was one.

Is this an approved source? Who posted it? Is it on Suzanne's page? <modsnip>
I believe it was on Suzanne's page and is allowed.

What concerned me was that there were no recent photos.

She had survived two bouts with cancer and may have appeared much different at the time the husband said in his video plea that she'd been abducted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't Nancy Grace specifically used the Phrase/scenario the bike was found "under the bridge" Actually I think she was "questioning", not sure and not sure the final resolution to the question if there was one.
Yes, Nancy was trying to get clarification on this - she was asking whether it was under the bridge or on a bridge because that could make a difference. (Such as, was the bike staged on a bridge to make it look like SM jumped, or under a bridge like the bike was being hidden by someone, etc.) It's possible that she had heard both rumors. There was not an answer, but Nancy was trying to clarify/discuss both possibilities.

You can't use magnets to find bone or human tissue, just to clear that up.

Implants are usually made of titanium or silicon, and fillings are not made of ferromagnetic materials.

It would be great for anthropology if it was that simple.

(Great documentary available on Youtube by Donald Johanson, University of Northern Arizona, UCBerkeley) about how bones are actually found.

"In search of human origins" - Part One has the most information.
"It's elementary, Dear Watson." I wasn't proposing magnets to search for human tissue. IIRC my post had a context.

There could also be stuff like stud earrings, a shoe eyelet, a dislodged ring setting, necklace links, pony-tail holder clamp, jeans button and pocket studs, zipper pull... Now I notice that's a lot of things a guy might not give second thought to: easy to miss.

There's not a lot of reason NOT to use a magnet on the sifter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE