Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buuuut.... we don't know the time frame. Coulda been a "long" time, who knows?

I bet LE knows. I bet the daughters have said exactly when their trip was planned, when they left, the last time they saw Mom (it's my belief both daughters were sheltering in place elsewhere, but my intuition says they were in frequent contact with her).

The thing I find the most unusual about this case is the absence of verified information, almost any information. She was reported missing two weeks ago and yet there is so little information out there.

I assume there is a very good reason for this, but I sure as heck can't figure it out. What is clear to me is that LE DOES NOT need or want the public's help.

My thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family.

And just to add, the diggy thing is technically called a Snort....did Dr. Seuss teach us nothing?:D

Okay. Well, I'm still claiming it's probably plastic and not what we usually think of as "insulation" in attics or under drywall.

We'd call it "moisture barrier" if we were trying to get someone to do it. I suppose code enforcement has their own categories - but my point is that lifting such a thing up, prior to the pouring, is easy peasy mc-geezy and even I could do it, and I am a klutz.

Specs:
Simplify installations of radiant heat systems in concrete with our versatile roll-out insulation. This 4’x63’x1/2” conventionally rolled insulation is protected on both sides with a high tensile strength polypropylene vapor impermeable barrier.
· Speed up installation with manageable 250sqft rolls!
· Amrad-underslab is made from recycled and environmentally friendly polystyrene. Our product does not leach any harmful materials into ground water, provides no nutritional value to insects, does not support mold growth and does not off-gas ozone depleting compounds
· Proven performance with thousands of installations
· Amrad-underslab conforms to an uneven grade, eliminating the struggles associated with rigid foam insulation.
· Amrad-underslab provides real insulation value to your slab, unlike others that rely on aluminum, when compressed are actually a means of heat transfer.
· R-value of 2.14 and a k-value of .25 @ 40 df astm c177/c518
Am-Rad Under-Slab Insulation/ Under concrete insulation (Radiant Heat) | eBay

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-23 Am-Rad Under-Slab Insulation Under concrete insulation (Radiant Heat) eBay.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-23 Am-Rad Under-Slab Insulation Under concrete insulation (Radiant Heat) eBay.png
    356.5 KB · Views: 27
Hi all, I've been following much (but not all) of the discussion here for the past couple of days, and decided to jump in. IMO, LE has very good reason to believe that SM's remains are somewhere within the rectangular area cut out of the concrete slab—otherwise, they wouldn't be devoting all this time/energy to digging and sifting through sediment there.
Assuming this is accurate and *if* they find (and/or are currently finding) SM's remains there, I'd imagine that investigative procedure would require that they continue digging and sifting until they're reasonably confident that they've recovered *all* (vs some) evidence of her remains at the site (But if this isn't the case, please straighten me out!)
And so, if her remains are not intact—for purposes of discussion let's say they've been reduced to ashes—how much of her remains will LE collect before they make a formal announcement?
Am thinking about the possibility that they may have already identified some of her remains at the site (via DNA analysis or other means), but are continuing to dig and sift until they're satisfied they've found everything there is to be found ... and will hold off on making their findings public until that time.
If any of you are familiar with how all of this procedural stuff works, I would love to hear your thoughts!
Thoughtful and intelligent first post, @wheatnotchaff !
Welcome to Websleuths !

My guess as a layman would be that if and when they find something belonging to Suzanne or sadly Suzanne herself, they'll continue to search as long as possible.

Last edited:
The thing I find the most unusual about this case is the absence of verified information, almost any information. She was reported missing two weeks ago and yet there is so little information out there.

I assume there is a very good reason for this, but I sure as heck can't figure it out. What is clear to me is that LE DOES NOT need or want the public's help.

And just to add, the diggy thing is technically called a Snort....did Dr. Seuss teach us nothing?:D

I agree. I think we all want to give LE the benefit of the doubt (and should), but if this search turns up nothing, I will start to wonder if LE has as much of a grasp on what happened as we are assuming. And if that's the case, the lack of information is even more puzzling. MOO.

Looking at that photo of the cement square cut out at the search site, something struck me as odd from the get-go. Those rectangles strewn around.... those are the cement pieces cut out to make that square, correct? It looks to me like there are more of them than would fit in that square. Anyone else notice that?

My guess........and it's only a guess.........is that those are recycled rubber garage floor mats, which would have been placed under the tent for people to stand on while sifting all day if they had been on a solid floor. Pitching the tent in the dirt square made them useless, so they were scattered about until time to roll them up and tie them for carrying and storage. JMO

There's also a large propane tank on the property. It is not installed next to the house. It may be used to fuel certain heavy landscaping equipment and/or it might be piped to the dwelling.

The realtor listing says the heat source is radiant, so I don't know if that means radiant floor heating. The energy source to heat the coils could be a gas or oil burning furnace or wood burning boiler. Or a combination of both.

I think it means they have specific suspect(s) in mind and do not want to give any of them the merest chance of using LE-provided information to construct alibis or crazy narratives.

That's the article where the Chief seems to say that he had no knowledge of BLM being in Denver, and instead, thought he was working on a landscaping job.

This is the wide net of circumstantial evidence and LE would be remiss not to look at everything the husband did right before Suzanne disappeared. Especially with friends in Indiana talking about angst.

That does not mean the husband did it. Obviously, he's a POI (in my opinion as a forensic person, I'm not in the political line of fire in Chaffee County). But that doesn't mean he did it.

Not just a landscaping job... but, a landscaping job in Denver.
So... no matter what BLM actually did that day... it was supposed to have taken place in Denver. If he was at the construction job the FBI is now searching... that will look very bad for BLM.

‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

"The fire chief said he had heard, rather, that Morphew had been working a landscaping job in Denver on May 10."

“Due to [the coronavirus pandemic], our firefighters have not been attending any trainings sponsored by us,” Bertram said, adding that sometimes firefighters will pay for training courses on their own."

I'd say things look pretty bad for BLM at the moment, since it is clear there's been a search in a place he's known to have worked (moving dirt). Pretty suspicious.

All the pacing and looking out windows? Suspicious.

The video? Not as suspicious, but shows a man who seems absolutely terrified, but not particularly grief-stricken. Terrified and in denial about whatever it is that just happened.

I believe it was on Suzanne's page and is allowed.

What concerned me was that there were no recent photos.

She had survived two bouts with cancer and may have appeared much different at the time the husband said in his video plea that she'd been abducted.

true, but it could be last year’s post was her last *public* post. She may have since changed her privacy settings so non-friends cannot see them. At one time, changing privacy settings on FB didn’t go back and retroactively change settings on all previous posts. I don’t know if that’s the case today.

Not just a landscaping job... but, a landscaping job in Denver.
So... no matter what BLM actually did that day... it was supposed to have taken place in Denver. If he was at the construction job the FBI is now searching... that will look very bad for BLM.

‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

"The fire chief said he had heard, rather, that Morphew had been working a landscaping job in Denver on May 10."

“Due to [the coronavirus pandemic], our firefighters have not been attending any trainings sponsored by us,” Bertram said, adding that sometimes firefighters will pay for training courses on their own."

bbm,

I'd like to know if it was common for ol' Barry to have landscaping jobs up in Denver.

If this was a first time thing....

I wonder if Suzanne was involved in the landscaping business (or any of the other businesses shown at their address).

If a landscaping company has a FB page, I have noticed they will post pictures showing off their latest work.
Maybe his was just word of mouth or referrals.

Hi all, I've been following much (but not all) of the discussion here for the past couple of days, and decided to jump in. IMO, LE has very good reason to believe that SM's remains are somewhere within the rectangular area cut out of the concrete slab—otherwise, they wouldn't be devoting all this time/energy to digging and sifting through sediment there. Assuming this is accurate and *if* they find (and/or are currently finding) SM's remains there, I'd imagine that investigative procedure would require that they continue digging and sifting until they're reasonably confident that they've recovered *all* (vs some) evidence of her remains at the site (But if this isn't the case, please straighten me out!) And so, if her remains are not intact—for purposes of discussion let's say they've been reduced to ashes—how much of her remains will LE collect before they make a formal announcement? Am thinking about the possibility that they may have already identified some of her remains at the site (via DNA analysis or other means), but are continuing to dig and sift until they're satisfied they've found everything there is to be found ... and will hold off on making their findings public until that time. If any of you are familiar with how all of this procedural stuff works, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Excellent post, wheatnotchaff! Welcome to WS!

That's the article where the Chief seems to say that he had no knowledge of BLM being in Denver, and instead, thought he was working on a landscaping job.

This is the wide net of circumstantial evidence and LE would be remiss not to look at everything the husband did right before Suzanne disappeared. Especially with friends in Indiana talking about angst.

That does not mean the husband did it. Obviously, he's a POI (in my opinion as a forensic person, I'm not in the political line of fire in Chaffee County). But that doesn't mean he did it.

Maybe we could just declare him a POOI.....a Person Of Our Interest?

Is there any live video from the search site today (Saturday, May 23? ) I did see the press release stating that the search is done for today and will resume tomorrow, however I have not seen any video from the site today? It made me wonder if they were increasing security or privacy measures? All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member