Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received the invite to this thread. It will take me a bit to catch up. My first thought would be to search the available bike trails for tire prints matching her bikes tires. The tires would need to be checked for accidental indicators (cuts, nicks, etc) that could be matched to a specific set of tire prints. Next would be to check a pair of her shoes for wear patterns. Hoping that someone in the SAR and LE teams have done this.
Really appreciate your expertise - they did have dogs from the very first media reports - I have a media thread for her to help catch you up
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Right where your map "say" Yellow Tape": I noticed during the helicopter video... close to where the video ends... Across Route 50 (on the far side of Route 50) that area is flooded with what's probably snow melt off. It appears dry in all Google Earth shots throughout the years and also on your map. But during the helicopter "tour" it's flooded. I wondered if LE spent any time over there checking that area out. I don't have the link for the helicopter video but maybe someone else does. I'm checking out for the night as it's 3:10 am here... but I don't mind looking for it tomorrow. (Looks like it's quite a bit of flooding, too, but it's impossible to see how deep the water is.)

If we believe the bike was staged, perhaps her body was disposed of somewhere along the route to Denver..... I would love to know if traffic cams are being looked at.

I am making no claim to knowing anything about what happened. I've taken all of the legitimate clues that have been dribbled out to us, and followed them to one scenario that COULD have happened. Nobody else in this forum has even come close to putting together another full scenario, that works. I would like to see as many scenarios as people's vivid imaginations can dream up. One of them might bring her home. IMO
I agree that what you have put out there is plausible. Curious to hear a theory of how her personal item(s) could end up in another location (I believe they were not found adjacent to a bridge?), in this scenario?

LE has not publicly released SM's call detail. Is it not a fact that SM had just recovered from cancer? Having a compromised immune system during a pandemic absolutely would be my concern if she were my mom. I was responding to a poster who found it suspicious that neither the daughters or their father was in the home when SM disappeared.

It is possible SM spoke to her daughters BEFORE her bike ride and told them she was going. It is possible they called much later and repeatedly got no answer and that's why they contacted the neighbor to check on her.
JMO
Unless she wasn’t feeling well, which seems unlikely IF you’re going on a bike ride in the first place, why Freak Out when you don’t get a response? This part makes no sense to me... I live in deep woods on 23 acres, I spend a lot of time alone, and my kids would never freak out IF I didn’t answer the phone for a day ... we have spotty reception, sometimes we have to go outside for calls or to get internet.
What made them SO worried SO quickly? That in itself makes me suspicious that something else might be going on at home. I just don’t see kids who aren’t even living at home freaking out when someone doesn’t respond and I don’t see any person going mountain bikes riding if they are Sick and Frail from cancer treatments. JMO.

LE has not publicly released SM's call detail. Is it not a fact that SM had just recovered from cancer? Having a compromised immune system during a pandemic absolutely would be my concern if she were my mom. I was responding to a poster who found it suspicious that neither the daughters or their father was in the home when SM disappeared.

It is possible SM spoke to her daughters BEFORE her bike ride and told them she was going. It is possible they called much later and repeatedly got no answer and that's why they contacted the neighbor to check on her.
JMO
Unless she wasn’t feeling well, which seems unlikely IF you’re going on a bike ride in the first place, why Freak Out when you don’t get a response? This part makes no sense to me... I live in deep woods on 20 acres, I spend a lot of time alone, and my kids would never freak out IF I didn’t answer the phone for a day ... we have spotty reception, sometimes we have to go outside for calls or to get internet.
What made them SO worried SO quickly? That in itself makes me suspicious that something else might be going on at home. I just don’t see kids who aren’t even living at home freaking out when someone doesn’t respond and I don’t see any person going mountain bike riding if they are Sick and Frail from cancer treatments. JMO.

Unless she wasn’t feeling well, which seems unlikely IF you’re going on a bike ride in the first place, why Freak Out when you don’t get a response? This part makes no sense to me... I live in deep woods on 23 acres, I spend a lot of time alone, and my kids would never freak out IF I didn’t answer the phone for a day ... we have spotty reception, sometimes we have to go outside for calls or to get internet.
What made them SO worried SO quickly? That in itself makes me suspicious that something else might be going on at home. I just don’t see kids who aren’t even living at home freaking out when someone doesn’t respond and I don’t see any person going mountain bikes riding if they are Sick and Frail from cancer treatments. JMO.

It was Mother’s Day though and they were away from home. Maybe they thought the call was going to be special and they looked forward to speaking to their mom. Maybe the call was supposed to be at 11am and they couldn’t reach her all day and knew she was waiting for their call so they knew something was off.

I’m in my 30s and have lived away from home since 18 and still, if my dad was away and I couldn’t reach my mom on Mother’s Day I’d have NYPD breaking down the door looking for her. I think it is partly the temperament of the reporting party, partly the habits of the missing party.

I do think it’s weird that we don’t hear anything about BM. Why didn’t he go home to check? Why didn’t he call the neighbor?

The problem is, the fire chief may just be parroting information from BM or gossip from someone else. It's been glaringly obvious he's not on the team with LE. And there might be a serious conflict of interest if BM is "one of his guys", since he's a volunteer firefighter. We don't know anything about their relationship; they could be tight.

Anyway, I don't think we can take what the fire chief says for gospel.

BBM- I agree !!

If this came from the fire chief , BM is a firefighter and the Fire Dept was specifically ordered by LE to not to take part in the search. We don't know if BM told the Fire Chief that info or if LE actually told him.

I am not saying it is a Lie, however just that it is being told by Non- Law Enforcement and for me, personally, cannot take it as FACT.

However, the neighbor calling 911 to report my mom missing (as understood by MSM reporting) would definitely be my last resort.

I could definitely see myself calling 911 in that situation. If the girls told me they were very concerned not being able to reach their mother for many hours and also unable to reach their father. If I went over the house (maybe the girls told me where there was an extra house key) and I saw the bike was missing. I would tell them "I think we should call the police". Better safe than sorry.
It seems extreme imo because you’re talking about people who intentionally moved to the mountains for seclusion/early retirement (as a relative stated) to think something is wrong because they didn’t respond for hours, when you also consider the reception difficulties (also noted by many) in that area. The girls KNEW when they took that trip they wouldn’t be home for Mother’s Day so I’m not sure I think they thought it was so important in the first place - plus neither live at home and youngest one is only 16-17 years old.
Mothers Day is a big deal now my kids are much older and parents themselves and it’s a big deal when kids are small IMO but clearly no one - not husband or kids - thought it was that important at this time in their lives. Not criticizing, I think it’s that way because of the age of her kids.
She’s obviously healthy to be considered out bike riding in the first place. She has been described as very athletic and in shape by those who know her.
The video that @Dave F. shared was very telling about that area.
I get your point, I would worry if it was a Mom in her 70’s or older ... but I don’t get the intense fear about a healthy 49 year old.
Either the neighbor found the bike (has that ever been confirmed?) ... or the girls hadn’t heard from her in “several” days, not just “hours.” JMO.

Well-maybe someone said they spoke to Suzanne in the morning. So then, when a daughter could not get in touch with her Mom, could she have called that person to ask where she was? Maybe daughter could have been told that Mom was out on her bike. Then, as the hours went by, with no answer still, it was time to call the neighbor. 911, LE, and then LE had to sift through phone data-was there a communication between that other person and Suzanne at the time of the reported bike ride? Did they speak at all? When did Suzanne stop communicating via cell phone? Depending on how the beginning played out, LE might have been concerned about how this was unfolding from the first night.

Just received the invite to this thread. It will take me a bit to catch up. My first thought would be to search the available bike trails for tire prints matching her bikes tires. The tires would need to be checked for accidental indicators (cuts, nicks, etc) that could be matched to a specific set of tire prints. Next would be to check a pair of her shoes for wear patterns. Hoping that someone in the SAR and LE teams have done this.

The Case Archive is a good way to catch up fast without searching a lot of links. I've saved everything I could find pretty much.
Suzanne Morphew -CO- by amanda reckonwith

Cell phone users try this and scroll:
Suzanne Morphew

Yeah-- I would like to figure out who sent this letter to their old church where they USED to live.

Just Odd to me that it wasn't BM or one of the daughters, and made my hinky meter rise a little bit.

I think if we review the ones who can't keep quiet we might find out more info, JMO

Also- I think the Fire Chief just likes to hear himself talk==

He sure is a blabber mouth-- here is another comment from him--

"On Sunday, the Chaffee County Sheriff’s office announced that investigators had concluded a three-day search of a residential property without finding any evidence connecting the property to the missing persons case. The Chaffee County fire chief, who is not invovled in the official investigation, told CrimeOnline on Friday that he believes the property is a current or former job site tied to Barry Morphew’s work as a landscaper

Yeah that is odd about the message sent to the former church. I mean, I don't really find it odd to send a prayer request or something to the former church since they were members as of just two years ago and sounds like they were very active. But I guess I assume it would come from their family (maybe it did?) but the details about a crashed bike and mountain lion are odd. Perhaps the bike WAS crashed - details haven't been released by LE officially about the bike - but they have been pretty adamant it's not an animal attack from the start. It's almost like someone wants to get a certain narrative out there MOO.

Can I just clarify something because I'm trying to keep up with the quickly moving threads. It hasn't been confirmed where BM was on May 9 or 10, correct? Relatives have said he was at training in Denver, but there was no training. Then the fire chief had mentioned he had a landscaping job. But we don't know for sure where he was or even really where he purports to have been?

It has been said in MSM that it was SM's usual habit to go for a bike ride on Sunday morning before church. I think I found every church in Pagosa Springs and Salida, and all of them who have Sunday services start at 11:00 am. If the daughters called the neighbor, and then the neighbor walked the short distance to check the house, walked back, called the girls back and then called the sheriff's office (or 911) at 5:46 pm................................she was awfully late for her routine 11:00 am church service attendance. We can't post a link to the church service prayer that fully acknowledges that the entire family are members, because other posters on WS are insisting that we have to prove the family belonged to the church BEFORE we can post the video acknowledging that the family belongs to the church. I choose to believe the preacher. He seems to have a pretty good reputation, and seems also to have connections in high places. So, it's JMO
she was awfully late for her routine 11:00 am church service attendance.”
But Dave would a woman who had recently had cancer treatments be attending church with a weakened immune system even IF there was no additional fear of Covid19? I just don’t see that as her “routine” because of treatments and the Covid19 fears. Plus no one has mentioned that she “missed” church that morning. The person(s) who may be feeding the “abduction” theme hasn’t even mentioned a missed church service.
I thought someone said that her church services were still online on Mothers Day and not open to public?

Im just going from my gut on this.
We won't divorce because of assets.
I think money might be the root of evil here.
jmo

Are the division of assets rules in Colorado different from Indiana? This might have a bearing on a divorce issue.

Also, the money in the family might have been her inheritance, and not brought to the marriage by BM. This might shift motive around if a family split was on the table? Add a high pressure element if one member wanted to "move on" with their lives?

It was Mother’s Day though and they were away from home. Maybe they thought the call was going to be special and they looked forward to speaking to their mom. Maybe the call was supposed to be at 11am and they couldn’t reach her all day and knew she was waiting for their call so they knew something was off.

I’m in my 30s and have lived away from home since 18 and still, if my dad was away and I couldn’t reach my mom on Mother’s Day I’d have NYPD breaking down the door looking for her. I think it is partly the temperament of the reporting party, partly the habits of the missing party.

I do think it’s weird that we don’t hear anything about BM. Why didn’t he go home to check? Why didn’t he call the neighbor?
Same here - and wondering what really happened Saturday and Sunday -
JmO

Can I just clarify something because I'm trying to keep up with the quickly moving threads. It hasn't been confirmed where BM was on May 9 or 10, correct? Relatives have said he was at training in Denver, but there was no training. Then the fire chief had mentioned he had a landscaping job. But we don't know for sure where he was or even really where he purports to have been?
Exactly LE has said nothing about anyone’s whereabouts not even confirming the missing Mom Suzanne - other than the 911 call and updates regarding the searches and personal item found - we are blind

IMO

she was awfully late for her routine 11:00 am church service attendance.”
But Dave would a woman who had recently had cancer treatments be attending church with a weakened immune system even IF there was no additional fear of Covid19? I just don’t see that as her “routine” because of treatments and the Covid19 fears. Plus no one has mentioned that she “missed” church that morning. The person(s) who may be feeding the “abduction” theme hasn’t even mentioned a missed church service.
I thought someone said that her church services were still online on Mothers Day and not open to public?
We have information that she recently got the "all clear" as has been acknowledged in earlier posts, but is it a fact that she recently had cancer treatments? If so, can you please share the source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB