Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

I gotta be honest:

If I won the lottery next week and had 1.75 mil to drop on a house, the last thing I'd be looking for is something with that rustic, "I shot Bambi's Daddy" look they have going on in that there Colorado spread.

I'm sure there are some women who love that style.
Like art, architectural taste is subjective.
Right, @otto?

I didn't see any FB pics of SM hunting.
She may have loved that house, but then again, she may not have been the one who wanted to move there in the first place.
We don't know what we don't know.

I do wonder if she was homesick for Indiana, and her friends/family back there.

JMO.
Yeah, I mean, the last thing I want is a dead animal's eyes looking at me. I know that people go to a taxidermist and have their pets, um, stuffed shall we say, and keep them around the house. I love my animals with all of my heart, but that would just be creepy to me, to have them, er, stuffed and sitting on the couch. Especially if it moved say by a gust of wind from an open door- I'd run out of the house so damn fast, no one would see me go by.

Up here hunting is popular and probably half of the homes have the same animal heads and antlers hanging up on their walls. I just shiver when I see them and can't wait to leave their homes when at a gathering. I don't know why, but it just makes me uncomfortable.

Everyone is different, so no judgment on my part. Just not my style or taste for decor!

I agree that the plastic bag the CSI man is holding looks like it contains a scrap of beige carpeting. Whatever the specimen is, I don't believe they're testing for biological evidence because they're transporting the specimen inside a plastic bag. According to this evidence collection manual (link below) to preserve a biological specimen, the specimen must be carefully wrapped in butcher paper or, if not using butcher paper, placed into a brown paper bag or an envelope.
I looked up images for butcher paper and, "just to complicate things" ... it's made in brown or beige.​

From the link:
"Do not package bloodstained or other biological evidence in plastic bags."

Here's the link:
https://www.utsystem.edu/sites/default/files/offices/police/policies/Crime-Scene-Investigation.pdf

The photo of beige butcher paper is from Amazon.
Jmo.

It looks like no evidence ia put in plastic bags any more. If not the possible plastic contamination, it is that the humidity builds up in the bag.
Bag might not have been evidence, of not, I wonder what it was.

It looks like they did build the Colorado house, taking out the initial permit in 2008. The older daughter would have been nine years old.
In my opinion, the contrary stories are just so much hooey. Just because someone says it, and someone prints it; doesn't necessarily prove it's accurate or factual. IMO

The link lands on the search site. You have to go on their own from there. All of the information needed for search is in the picture provided here.
Building Department Permit Search Home
This is interesting. I thought the land records showed they purchased the home from someone else. Also, why are there Zillow photos of the furnished home?

I am not current on information but if there's a chance she is alive and ok. I would try to do a happy dance. When reading the post a few names came to mind. The world thought they were passed. Years later tho they were found. If being held against her will. I really want them to find her quickly. It's hurts my heart to see happening more and more. Lots of us I have said no someone couldn't have. Only find out yes they did. I am really holding on to the feeling that people dragged a person through mud and back again. Stands free from involvement. It would be amazing if she just showed up alive. People would tear her apart in the public eye. I wouldn't I would be very thankful she is alive and her children have their mom back. The main Goal is for her to be found alive. The rest of it is their personal life. I know that I am dreaming but never hurts to dream right. ( I had surgery it might be the medication talking too. Who knows but I like the happy ending in my thoughts)
I hear you and I wish that this was a scenario that I could entertain. I did ponder about a case years ago- The Runaway Bride, who was overwhelmed after too many wedding showers and talk of the wedding. One night she took off jogging and ended far away, alive but tired. I have my own thoughts on what happened to her possibly medically, but no need to discuss that here.

However, I don't see Suzanne staging her own items being tossed around the trail and being missing this long without some indication that this happened. She would have just taken off, in my opinion. Too much work to stage such a scene, not to mention, there would always be a chance that someone would have seen her placing those items around, or at the very least, in those areas. To my knowledge, not one person has come forward to say that they saw Suzanne at all during not only on Mother's Day, but even before or after Mother's Day.

However, I do enjoy your optimism, and it would be wonderful if the majority of us are wrong and Suzanne shows up one day, fine and dandy. I hope that does happen, truly. I am sure all of us would be very happy to see her alive.

I'm speaking of their Christmas picture, with three of. the family members in the house, with the Christmas tree reflected in the TV set and the game trophies said to belong to Barry clearly on display. I'm not talking about the Zillow photos. .

My apologies! I missed the Christmas photo of them and was only commenting on the Zillow photos. And it sounds like even the Zillow photos may have displayed enough personal items (which I again missed) to undo the probability of it being professionally staged. That was just my initial impression from the furniture and my own experience having seen what my mom's place looked like when professionally staged -- all matching throw pillows, bookshelves sparsely adorned with artsy decor but no actual books, etc. I forget that some people actually do have those things in their homes!

W
My apologies! I missed the Christmas photo of them and was only commenting on the Zillow photos. And it sounds like even the Zillow photos may have displayed enough personal items (which I again missed) to undo the probability of it being professionally staged. That was just my initial impression from the furniture and my own experience having seen what my mom's place looked like when professionally staged -- all matching throw pillows, bookshelves sparsely adorned with artsy decor but no actual books, etc. I forget that some people actually do have those things in their homes!
we all have staged photos. Except me always behind the camera

I am not current on information but if there's a chance she is alive and ok. I would try to do a happy dance. When reading the post a few names came to mind. The world thought they were passed. Years later tho they were found. If being held against her will. I really want them to find her quickly. It's hurts my heart to see happening more and more. Lots of us I have said no someone couldn't have. Only find out yes they did. I am really holding on to the feeling that people dragged a person through mud and back again. Stands free from involvement. It would be amazing if she just showed up alive. People would tear her apart in the public eye. I wouldn't I would be very thankful she is alive and her children have their mom back. The main Goal is for her to be found alive. The rest of it is their personal life. I know that I am dreaming but never hurts to dream right. ( I had surgery it might be the medication talking too. Who knows but I like the happy ending in my thoughts)
Jayme Kloss was missing for 88 days and she had LE and the FBI looking for her. She had to rescue herself. :eek:

It's my understanding that they subdivided it. The tax record calls it a general farm. Can you find a record for the house itself? Zillow reports that the house itself sold for $750,000 per public records in March, 2019.

The subdivision of the property was discussed in the first couple of threads - I could be misremembering, but that tax record doesn't look like a record for a house. It's a parcel without a lot number, no mention of valuation of buildings- maybe Indiana doesn't record that for tax purposes, but most places do.

Anyone know? It has been deeded as a grain farm, not a residence according to that record. At any rate, it seems to me from the list of real estate transactions associated with Suzanne that they once had more than 10 acres, got a separate deed for the house, put it on the market, got a division of the remainder so as to leave 10 acres of farm in their own name - and then sold 3 acres, not including the house parcel.

Perhaps they merely refinanced the house:

https://www.zillow.com/homes/26040-Cal-Carson-Rd-Arcadia,-IN_rb/138946377_zpid/

But usually the multiple listings and real estate transaction on Zillow (from public records) are accurate, to the point that I'm unwilling to pay the fee to get them separately.
I don't know much about the subdivision thing but yes, the MLS sites such as Zillows, Redfin, show real time transactions. When real estate agent inputs new information such as price changes, pending status, contingent status, date escrow closed, it shows up within minutes. All information from MLS sites is the most accurate and current info. (We sold our home recently.)

I'd imagine recordings from those property tax record site to lag behind real time by many months or years.

It looks like no evidence ia put in plastic bags any more. If not the possible plastic contamination, it is that the humidity builds up in the bag.
Bag might not have been evidence, of not, I wonder what it was.
I have learned that LE plays with words and things look the way they want them to. Maybe they are looking for some abductor and want the public attention focused on a different direction

I think the decor is all Suzanne's, not staged. Beds are not perfectly made like stagers would, there are some personal items in bathrooms, and I see a large photo of SM and BM ( I think) in the master bedroom, again, the bed is not made by the professional stager. I see more photos in other rooms. Professional stager will never display any type of family photos in house on the market. #1 rule.

Those photos likely have been taken shortly before the house was listed in March 2018.
I think the only thing staged in this case is the bike and whatever else was found near the bike related to Suzanne. JMO

I'm curious about the bags too. I generally see plastic evidence bags with chain of custody sheets attached. Paper bags tend to be for oversize. oddly shaped objects and scent evidence items for the tracking dogs.

It’s really impossible to say, as we don’t know what exactly they have for evidence.

I’ve seen no-body cases that are never prosecuted, even though it’s obvious who the perpetrator is (Tyler Mook, Josh Powell).

So that’s why I’m looking at those recent Colorado cases (I’m including Gannon Stauch because they didn’t have his body at the time of arrest). They had a lot of evidence in those cases.

The bar is high:

Prove that a suspect killed a victim.

Prove that the victim is dead in the first place.

Even though it’s in another state (Connecticut), Fotis Dulos is a good example. There was a great deal of blood evidence found, he was caught red handed dumping bloody items, and it still took about 7 months for murder charges.

So using the Dulos case as an example, and assuming they do have the evidence in your hypothetical, I think we’re talking about months.
Wow. Thanks. All the more reason to hope they find SM.

BBM:

Exactly.

"Barry is a hunter."
I saw no photos of SM hunting on her FB.

What about Suzanne?
What about her preferences, her likes, her interests?

If we're going off of what we know, we'd have to conclude that BM's likes and preferences were literally front and center in their home.

Quite the display.

JMO.
I saw nothing feminine about that home. Looked like a hunting lodge. Period. Looked liked Suzanne had nothing to do with the home at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME