Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally hypothetical of course but...

Not even if one of their own was suspected of being the criminal reason there was a call for a search in the first place?
I mean, in that case, it certainly does seem prudent that this particular fire house would be excluded from the search.
I have no idea how common something like that might be, and that may be why you've never heard of it?
Why would LE call for a search if they already had it figured out? Sorry, it's just not computing in my mind. What do they do, out out a general call for a search crew need and add a PS saying "No fire responders allowed"?

Wouldn’t it be more effective then to “pin” his post so it appears on the top and continue using the page to spread awareness? IMHO I think there’s another reason. Perhaps LE asked them not to say anything further. Perhaps the page creator stepped away for a reason that may or may not have anything to do with Suzanne’s case. All my speculation.

BBM:

I don't think LE would attempt to shut down the flow of information coming from BM's camp at this point in the investigation…in fact, they've likely been all ears.

I'm sure they watched BM's video with great interest. Repeatedly.

I think BM has himself a lawyer, and that lawyer told everyone on #TeamBarry not to utter another word.

That's what I think happened.

JMO.

I don't see any evidence that the open square in the concrete was cut by LE. Why would they cut a hole in order to set up their tent and tables and sift evidence samples from all over the property?
This pour of an identical floor has a similar gap, formed for the pour. The website where it originates has some other pictures of the process, and lots of information. IMO
Advantages of Radiant Floor Heating |
The square cutout at the property being searched didn't have pipes and stuff underlying. There were river rocks. I bet the plan was for it to be a garage floor.

I don't see any evidence that the open square in the concrete was cut by LE. Why would they cut a hole in order to set up their tent and tables and sift evidence samples from all over the property?
This pour of an identical floor has a similar gap, formed for the pour. The website where it originates has some other pictures of the process, and lots of information. IMO
Advantages of Radiant Floor Heating |
Might the opening in the concrete foundation have been for a future elevator pit?

Just once, I would like to find the perfect family?! Perhaps the perfect families are out there everywhere, just under the radar, living happily ever after.
Several questions I still have to reread and answer, but if anyone has quick answer, help!
1.)Was the bike found in a place that had already been searched?
If, so then clearly it was staged...AND thus must have been by someone who knew SM movements. However, if it was found after news /missing report went public, then staged by anyone.
2.)Was there more than one SM’s personal item found, other than the one w/ in 2000 ft of the home? Where?
3.)Would LE have been more likely to search foundation, if owner called tip in and
encouraged them to search it?
3b.)Did BM ever state he was in Denver
instead of at this construction? IIRC It was reported, by someone else, so this could be just a misunderstanding.
4.)If there was anything connected to SM found at the site, wouldn’t every person working the site, have to be cleared, in addition to BM?
These are ongoing questions, but out of the twilight zone, and too many crime story movies and novels...could it be a case of wrong person kidnapped? Statistics indicate random or stalking victims to be younger.
Easy to mistake an athletic 49 yr old woman in helmet and bike attire for much younger.
Have we already beaten this dead horse to death, and I missed it? This might also be reason for “protection”
I have other questions, later

Morphew’s colleagues from the Maysville Fire Station have also been attempting to help with the search, although one told DailyMail.com they have been warned off by police.

Tim Nelson, 33, said: ‘The Sheriff’s office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there.

‘They can’t keep us out of the forest so that’s what some of the others have done – they set up their own little search party.’

Nelson added: ‘It’s a bad deal you know. They aren’t telling us anything. We got excluded from everything.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

Good find.

I'd actually forgotten already that I'd read that. (self-isolating is making me batty)

I guess that answers that question, anyway.

Why would LE call for a search if they already had it figured out? Sorry, it's just not computing in my mind. What do they do, out out a general call for a search crew need and add a PS saying "No fire responders allowed"?

Hypothetical again:

I don't think they already had it figured out, I'd assume they immediately knew he was a volunteer there so until he was cleared, maybe (totally guessing here) they told them specifically, their services would not be needed, at the time.
I can only guess they handled it professionally, anyway.

I just wanted to add, I think a scenario like this is probably extremely rare. Where, a person goes missing and the "statistically known first suspect" is the partner, and that very partner would be one of the first responders outfit to show up, when 911 is called and dispatch sends them out. I mean really... that has to be extremely rare.

But if in fact that is what happened, whoever made the call to immediately have them stand down, acted pretty brilliantly on his or her feet.

Last edited:
BBM:

I don't think LE would attempt to shut down the flow of information coming from BM's camp at this point in the investigation…in fact, they've likely been all ears.

I'm sure they watched BM's video with great interest. Repeatedly.

I think BM has himself a lawyer, and that lawyer told everyone on #TeamBarry not to utter another word.

That's what I think happened.

JMO.
Yeah, BM won't be talking either. Just like what he said in the video "No questions asked." That's what he wants -No questions asked of him.

I'm from a fireman's family. I've never heard of the fire department being recused from a call due to conflict of interest of a fireman, if that's what you are implying. JMO

Except in the case under discussion. right?

We are talking very small volunteer fire stations scattered around a large county. The firehouses get the same radio and cellphone communications as all of the other first responders. There could be many reasons why no one from the fire department was able to participate in a search for a missing person on instant notice. Excluding the fire department from a first response incident because one of their own is already suspected of a crime is simply not done, ever, in my experience. IMO

Then I guess it's just a rumor that fire personnel were specifically asked by the Sheriff not to join the search. This was in the first week. I thought it was in the media thread, but I am not able to look for it right now.

Am I misremembering? Was it later held to be another rumor?

Good find.

I'd actually forgotten already that I'd read that. (self-isolating is making me batty)

I guess that answers that question, anyway.
Thanks! Would never have gone that far back! While it probably isn’t firefighter protocol, if I were LE, pursuing a possible no body case, I wouldn’t take any chances, JMVHO...we have no info on friendships or grudges w/BM among the ranks You would need to avoid any appearance of conflict of interest...eliminate many issues before they occur.

Morphew’s colleagues from the Maysville Fire Station have also been attempting to help with the search, although one told DailyMail.com they have been warned off by police.

Tim Nelson, 33, said: ‘The Sheriff’s office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there.

‘They can’t keep us out of the forest so that’s what some of the others have done – they set up their own little search party.’

Nelson added: ‘It’s a bad deal you know. They aren’t telling us anything. We got excluded from everything.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online
Do they think that one of them may be responsible either for Suzanne's disappearance or helping someone with her disappearance?

Might the opening in the concrete foundation have been for a future elevator pit?
Depends on the elevator design. Residential differs somewhat from commercial. Generally the pit for residential is not too deep. There are other features that incorporate a poured concrete pit and range from cistern to generator, to containment for fuel oil heating tank. GPR goes right through concrete and gives a good idea what is under it.

Thank. you! You're so diligent. Yes - this is what is unusual about the fire personnel and the search.

Excluding the fire department crew is very interesting. Fire departments tend to do a line search. The crew is trained to fight fires and search skills are secondary in most cases. SAR Teams have specific skill sets and are trained to State and/or ASTM standards for search operations and incident command. Keep in mind that actors tend to use (sometimes unwitting) confederates to gain information on how close LE is to discovering evidence or what evidence has been found.

From the beginning, Chaffee County Sheriff has not allowed volunteers to aid in the LE search for SM. SM's nephew Trevor told local news stations that they were also searching for SM independent of LE. I'm sure the firefighters not allowed to assist LE are participating in the independent search. TN's audio interview may be on youtube now since the audio /video segments are deleted from news networks after 4- 5 days.

Noel said they are searching for Morphew independently from the sheriff’s office. A page has been created to support the family and search efforts.

Family offers $200k reward for missing woman’s ‘safe return, no questions asked’

Family pleads for safe return of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew who disappeared after Mother’s Day bike ride

Last edited:
Excluding the fire department crew is very interesting. Fire departments tend to do a line search. The crew is trained to fight fires and search skills are secondary in most cases. SAR Teams have specific skill sets and are trained to State and/or ASTM standards for search operations and incident command. Keep in mind that actors tend to use (sometimes unwitting) confederates to gain information on how close LE is to discovering evidence or what evidence has been found.
Can you give an example? I'm not clear on what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove