Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He and his wife moved there a year ago, but somehow they ruffled feathers, or...................some nutcase maniac decided that he deserved Suzanne more than her husband. Either way, here we have another mental midget making buffoons
out of law enforcement.

The only advice I could offer would be that the police look at anybody and everybody that may have overheard a casual conversation between either of them discussing the fact that the husband and wife would be separated over that weekend. In other words, look into any co-workers or employees they may have interacted with or told details about regarding the upcoming weekend. It's probably that simple. In my opinion, this was a targeted crime. Some creepy loser knew that her husband was going to be away for a day or two, and he capitalized on it. Now..........how would he know that ??? Which one of them does he know ?

It seems obvious to me that the husband knows that his wife was "snatched" !!

Chaffee County Search and Rescue began searching for Morphew in the area around County Road 225 and West Highway 50 – where Morphew said she was headed (pictured).

Not sure if this has been posted but here is the area where she was biking. You can see Rt. 50 and 225 on the map. There is a bike-able trail, the "Colorado Trail" that goes up the valley towards the upper right of the image. Remote area.

Obviously where they found the bike, as well as it's condition is a big key to figuring out what happened.

Colorado mom, 49, vanishes after setting out on a Mother's Day bike ride
So who did she tell she was heading to that area, I wonder?

He and his wife moved there a year ago, but somehow they ruffled feathers, or...................some nutcase maniac decided that he deserved Suzanne more than her husband. Either way, here we have another mental midget making buffoons
out of law enforcement.

The only advice I could offer would be that the police look at anybody and everybody that may have overheard a casual conversation between either of them discussing the fact that the husband and wife would be separated over that weekend. In other words, look into any co-workers or employees they may have interacted with or told details about regarding the upcoming weekend. It's probably that simple. In my opinion, this was a targeted crime. Some creepy loser knew that her husband was going to be away for a day or two, and he capitalized on it. Now..........how would he know that ??? Which one of them does he know ?

It seems obvious to me that the husband knows that his wife was "snatched" !!
2 years

It is strange that none of this information has been given out to the public- in case maybe someone saw her.

They also haven't mentioned anything about a kidnapping. No alerting the public to be careful, which makes me think that LE believes that someone close to her did something to harm her.

Which makes me think that they have found evidence that she is not alive. Just my opinion.

It guesses it's also possible that they really don't know what she was last wearing. It appears she was alone last weekend and who knows when her last live sighting happened.

I was thinking about myself today. I've been on the phone, text, emails daily during lockdown but if I disappeared today nobody could honestly say what I was last wearing.

MOO

Where did the bike ride story originate? With the neighbor? Was the neighbor potentially told the story by a family member who requested the welfare-check?
This is what I think. I think a family member called the neighbor, said Suzanne had said she was going on a bike ride to that area, and now the family member can’t get in touch with her.

Amber Jo Cooper@AmberJoCooper
Evening update: Chaffee County Sherrif’s office says the search continues for Suzanne Morphew. They have received “dozens of tips since Ms. Morphew went missing,” according to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office
1 hr ·
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 14, 2020

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, including the Chaffee County Search and Rescue North and South, continue to search for Suzanne Morphew (age 49), who was reported missing on May 10, 2020.

In addition to efforts by the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and assistance from local and regional partners, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have been requested to provide resources to aid in the effort.

Anyone with information about Ms. Morphew’s disappearance is asked to call a designated tip line (719-312-7530). Investigators have received dozens of tips since Ms. Morphew went missing.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

ETA-Removed comment.

Last edited:
The swift and large reward money doesn't seem odd to me in this instance. They seem like they are a family with means based on the price of the house they bought there. If I was wealthy or well-off, and a beloved family member is missing, I'm throwing a bunch of money out there to try anything to get them back if maybe someone has them or knows who has them and the $100K is enough to get them talking. If I am a wealthy friend who cares a lot about this family, I might also pitch in a lot of money, which, perhaps to me if I'm wealthy, is not really all that much money. I personally am not reading too much into the reward knowing this family seems like they have money. MOO

The swift and large reward money doesn't seem odd to me in this instance. They seem like they are a family with means based on the price of the house they bought there. If I was wealthy or well-off, and a beloved family member is missing, I'm throwing a bunch of money out there to try anything to get them back if maybe someone has them or knows who has them and the $100K is enough to get them talking. If I am a wealthy friend who cares a lot about this family, I might also pitch in a lot of money, which, perhaps to me if I'm wealthy, is not really all that much money. I personally am not reading too much into the reward knowing this family seems like they have money. MOO
I agree.
Then again, (not pointing fingers in any way) if I was a husband that murdered my wife, or had her murdered, I may offer a $100,000 reward based on her safe return too, knowing that's not going to happen. His friend may just want to be a friend and is trying to help out, not having a clue.
I have nothing to base that on, it's just a thought.

Where did the bike ride story originate? With the neighbor? Was the neighbor potentially told the story by a family member who requested the welfare-check?

Yup. The key is what compelled the neighbor to call in a missing person report.

I think it’s safe to assume SM did not stop by the neighbor’s house before her “ride” and say “hey if I’m not back this evening, please call 911.”

I also think it’s safe to assume the neighbor didn’t see her ride off, sit by his window for hours, and get worried when he didn’t see her return.

I doubt this was random.

I think it’s safe to assume SM did not stop by the neighbor’s house before her “ride” and say “hey if I’m not back this evening, please call 911.”

I also think it’s safe to assume the neighbor didn’t see her ride off, sit by his window for hours, and get worried when he didn’t see her return.

I doubt this was random.
yup, the neighbor's story is suspect IMO UNLESS he/she is only brought into the mix by a worried call from hubby or daughters.

I doubt this was random.
My guess is someone was trying to get in touch with her, couldn't, then called the neighbor to check on her.
I doubt the neighbor is involved because if he was, it would be rather inept for him to commit the crime and then call LE knowing he'd be the first to be interviewed, IMO.

By now, LE would know if the husband and both daughters whereabouts have checked out.

Trying not to go down any suspicious path here, but it would be nice if LE confirmed that they were indeed, cleared of being around the area when Suzanne disappeared. Again, not saying any of them had anything to do with her disappearance. It's just odd that we haven't heard alibis being cleared.

ADMIN NOTE:

STOP sleuthing family or any individual who is not officially named a POI or suspect by LE. You may discuss what is said in MSM about them or what they may have said in MSM, but you cannot sleuth out their personal/private information or social media and post about on this thread.

Members can sleuth away behind the scenes and in private messaging; members may not post those findings in this public discussion thread unless/until a person is named POI/suspect.

If you don't understand or have questions about the above, private message any Mod or Admin and we will be glad to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en