Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

Are you getting a "Sherri Papini" vibe ?

I'd be fine with that as it'd mean she was alive and well and just need time away.
I wish I was getting that vibe, but not particularly. I have a strong feeling it was staged to look like an abduction, so as to throw off LE. I do not think she left on her own accord, unfortunately. I also think she may have been missing longer than we think. JMO and really hope I am wrong.

<modsnip>

Back to Suzanne... what was she wearing ?
What kind of bike ?
Her shoes ?

If anyone can think of questions that LE needs to answer so that she can be found.
Or at least in case someone has spotted her somewhere.
Helmet? One photo shows her wearing a turquoise colored one.
Water bottle?
Cell phone?
Apple Watch or Fitbit?

Pound the keyboard, help get her info out there - but we can’t tell you the color of her bike, where the bike was found, if she had a normal or usual route, what she had on, any other information.

Seems if they believed she was abducted while riding her bike(or actually on this bike ride at all) they would be pushing that info out to the media. Asking if anyone saw these specific things at these times, yada yada.

They also don't seem to be too concerned about a threat to the public.

Everything they're doing, or really what they're not doing is speaking volumes.

ok...this may be a fruitful topic for discussion. its not evidentiary in any way, but it may clue us in to what LE thinks. perhaps if we kick it around a bit. here goes...

has anyone revealed WHY LE's response was so quick and thorough, at such an early stage in the timeline? I mean...how often has LE anywhere not only investigated a missing persons case after a few hours, but also organized a 100+ person search in the first night into the next morning. maybe that in and of itself is a clue. any Coloradans have any insight into this??

I agree with much of what you said...but I dont think that they have found a probable crime scene, or murder crime scene. if they know they are looking for a murderer and a body, they might be more forthright at this point. it seems like they are being cautious, hoping to keep our victim alive. maybe...idk. lol. the more I think, the more I change my mind. it only proves that LE is best led by releasing little to nothing to the general public. it only mucks up the works. I wonder how they feel about the reward.

That's why I didn't mention a crime scene. They don't know that yet - but they will. They are proceeding as if this is a criminal investigation. They have the FBI and, I would guess, their best detectives on this case. They want to know if she had a smartwatch or other tracker, they are getting info from her computers and phone records, and probably those of her family members who surely are cooperating, right?

Or maybe not. We don't know. And yes, LE will not release much of anything to the public. All the things most of you have already said (why no general alert to look out for a woman who is lost miles from home? hmm. the reason can't be good).

then why not describe the bike (and her clothing if they know what she was wearing) and see if there were passersby that saw something. I think there is a reason that LE has not mentioned the bike. there are a few options but the most likely is that they have not confirmed a bike ride and dont believe there was one, IMO.

Because they don't need the public to know that information....it's the only logical conclusion IMO

They have their reasons and they likely are not complicated ones

ok...this may be a fruitful topic for discussion. its not evidentiary in any way, but it may clue us in to what LE thinks. perhaps if we kick it around a bit. here goes...

has anyone revealed WHY LE's response was so quick and thorough, at such an early stage in the timeline? I mean...how often has LE anywhere not only investigated a missing persons case after a few hours, but also organized a 100+ person search in the first night into the next morning. maybe that in and of itself is a clue. any Coloradans have any insight into this??
Very fruitful topic. Nothing to add, but it has been driving me crazy how FAST this all went down. I almost feel as though LE were tipped off somehow??? JMO

Something keeps drawing me back to the ring picture. It looks deliberate that her ring is on her right hand instead of her left. I saw another pic with her wedding ring on and to me it looks like the same ring.

Could be nothing but...

I don't know why but I just don't believe there was an abduction, at least by an UNKNOWN perp. My gut is telling me that it is unlikely. I believe something is going on that we aren't being told. Right now I am leaning toward self-harm or accident. Possible abduction by someone she knew or a stalker?! Seems unlikely because of her age, but still possible. I don't understand the one hundred THOUSAND dollar reward though, especially so fast, yet telling the public they don't need assistance or volunteers for searching?! The reward gives me the vibe that they know she is in danger OR have the feeling that she is with someone (whether by choice or by force) and are trying to get this individual to let them know where she is. Normally with rewards they start out small and work their way up, don't they? I don't really know what to make of all this. Do we have any family pleading for help? A press conference video? All of this is strictly my opinion, not facts.

MOO IMO

That's why I didn't mention a crime scene. They don't know that yet - but they will. They are proceeding as if this is a criminal investigation. They have the FBI and, I would guess, their best detectives on this case. They want to know if she had a smartwatch or other tracker, they are getting info from her computers and phone records, and probably those of her family members who surely are cooperating, right?

Or maybe not. We don't know. And yes, LE will not release much of anything to the public. All the things most of you have already said (why no general alert to look out for a woman who is lost miles from home? hmm. the reason can't be good).
yup...after 4 days, they must have a specific investigative avenue. I cant decide if that means they know she's dead or have a reasonable hope she is alive. But imo I just don't think this is a random abduction/crime of opportunity.

SUZANNE R MORPHEW HOPE FOUNDATION INC.?
Trying to sift thru info at links below to see what this 501(c)(3) charitable organization was formed to do and what it actually has done.
If info is accurate & IIUC, seems first yr. rpt showed, first yr, had $4680 in contribs. then $1000 next yr, and $1000 next yr, leaving $6680 as fund balance most recently reported, w no expenditures at any point.
I have seen other similarly well-intended organizations start off w great enthusiasm for a very worthy cause, that fizzled later for various reasons.
Pls feel free to chime in w corrections or other interps, as I could be wrong. TiA.
Not saying anything is illegal or even off-base, but seems like a rather slow-to-launch effort imo. And definitely not saying this is in any way relevant to her disappearance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SALIDA, CO 81201-9249 | TAX-EXEMPT SINCE AUG. 2014
"Contributions, gifts, grants, and similar amounts received
.........................................$ 4680.00"
"Total revenue................................................................................................................. $4680.00"
line 21. "Net Asset of fund balances at end of yr...........
.............................................. $4680.00"
Then at end of yr,
"27. Net assets or fund balances (line 27 of column (B) must agree with line 21)...$0.00" <-- huh? they do not.
^ from pdf of "Form 990-EZ" for fiscal year ending Dec. 2015 w Indiana address
Suzanne R Morphew Hope Foundation Inc, Form 990-EZ - Nonprofit Explorer - ProPublica

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info updated in April 2020, w
Colorado address.
For both yrs, 2016 & 2017, shows $1000.00 added to total revenue, so a total of $6680.
Shows SM, BM, & 3 others as directors, each w no reportable compensation from foundation, and one hour/week working for foundation.
"Primary exempt purpose" is:
"ADDRESS NEEDS OF CHILDREN IN VARIOUS GLOBAL LOCATIONS BY SHOWING THE LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST IN TANIGIBLE WAYS TO ADDRESS RECOGNIZED NEEDS."

^ SUZANNE R MORPHEW HOPE FOUNDATION INC | Open990
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
also http://www.nonprofitfacts.com/IN/Suzanne-R-Morphew-Hope-Foundation-Inc.html

Last edited:
Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter

Suzanne Morphew's nephew says her bike was recovered on Sunday, but Morphew has yet to be found. I spoke with him earlier today. Full story here: fox21news.com/news/local/fam…

I reached out to the Sheriff for an update tonight and learned they now have a Public Information Officer assigned to the search. I requested an update - but have not heard back yet. We will keep you updated as we learn more - follow @FOX21News for the latest. #SuzanneMorphew
Amber Jo Cooper on Twitter

can someone tell me when she was reported to actually go on this bike ride? I have 5:46pm when she was reported missing. I swear it was around an hour but I can't find it and I looked at a few archives and still didn't see it. Thanks

Chaffee county is a small area. 30 years ago this county had one stop light. It was a place where everybody knew everybody and everybody knew everybody's business. It's a place where people know your history and your whole family's history. We are talking generational. Even though it's only 3 hours from Denver, up until 20 years ago it still was a trek to get there... One lane highway each way for the majority of travel. It's a place where people jump into action so it doesn't surprise me at all that a hundred people came out quickly once word of mouth spread. There is no going to the grocery store for 15 minutes in this town because you will see three people you know who stopped to talk to you about how your mom is and have you been on the river yet.

All I can speculate is that something was immediately apparently wrong and law enforcement got involved.

Sheriff said not a wild animal. Sheriff said he won't comment on the bike. Sheriff brought in FBI/CBI.

I think we need look at the sheriff's actions and not his words.

Very fruitful topic. Nothing to add, but it has been driving me crazy how FAST this all went down. I almost feel as though LE were tipped off somehow??? JMO
Given that her husband is a volunteer firefighter, they had a large number of people who would not only be willing to help fast, but also likely skilled. Firefighters know how to organize quickly, and it's my hunch they did. speculation

jmo

Chaffee county is a small area. 30 years ago this county had one stop light. It was a place where everybody knew everybody and everybody knew everybody's business. It's a place where people know your history and your whole family's history. We are talking generational. Even though it's only 3 hours from Denver, up until 20 years ago it still was a trek to get there... One lane highway each way for the majority of travel. It's a place where people jump into action so it doesn't surprise me at all that a hundred people came out quickly once word of mouth spread. There is no going to the grocery store for 15 minutes in this town because you will see three people you know who stopped to talk to you about how your mom is and have you been on the river yet.

All I can speculate is that something was immediately apparently wrong and law enforcement got involved.

Sheriff said not a wild animal. Sheriff said he won't comment on the bike. Sheriff brought in FBI/CBI.

I think we need look at the sheriff's actions and not his words.
Thank you. great info. The issue is that that "word of mouth" had to have started someplace. that someplace had to have been the sheriff. or maybe the neighbor going off the sheriff's assessment. and that had to be based on the bike. ugh..now im back to believing there was a bike ride. why else suspect a missing person unless having an abandoned bike. without that, the cops might have been inclined to think she was unreachable bc she was out having an affair. How long ago had the couple moved to Colorado?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en