Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean they haven't been arrested and we don't know of a connected death, so yup they are out there somewhere.

I think the way they are investigating this has all the makings of a targeting.

I think they have key evidence pointing them to not need public help

Yes, I think LE has been pretty clear they don't need public help, and from his first statement, the Sheriff seems determined not to confirm or deny any detail of this missing person case-- even after SM missing 5 days. I expect this strategy will be made clear to us sooner than later. MOO

<modsnip>

Back to Suzanne... what was she wearing ?
What kind of bike ?
Her shoes ?

If anyone can think of questions that LE needs to answer so that she can be found.
Or at least in case someone has spotted her somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't heard any description of what she was wearing, either. Didn't the neighbor see her leave and not return? Was it confirmed that the neighbor is a man?

Yes, I think LE has been pretty clear they don't need public help, and from his first statement, the Sheriff seems determined not to confirm or deny any detail of this missing person case-- even after SM missing 5 days. I expect this strategy will be made clear to us sooner than later. MOO

What you see here is all there is! Not a single detail released except for statement by SM's nephew that the bike was located on Sunday. (He left this message today with Denver Post).

Yep I think we will have answers fairly quickly, I really don't think it's going to be as complicated and random as many might suspect

Long-time lurker, first-time poster....I think after 4 days that there would be some investigative lead to share with the public if she had been abducted. EG Description of suspicious vehicles, or a request for camera surveillance. I think this is closer to home and a staged scene. JMO

Welcome to Websleuths, tge17!

Excellent first post!

Which is to say, I agree with your assessment completely.

JMO.

MOD NOTE:

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WHILE YOU MAY SUGGEST MEMBERS READ COMMENTS ON FACEBOOK, YOU MAY NOT DISCUSS THEM IN ANY WAY HERE ON THE THREAD. THAT CAN BE DONE IN PRIVATE MESSAGES. THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY SUBSEQUENT POSTS ABOUT ANY SUGGESTION TO LOOK AT A FACEBOOK COMMENT. ANY FURTHER POSTS BEYOND THE ORIGINAL SUGGESTION WILL BE REMOVED, AND FREQUENT VIOLATORS OF THAT TOS RULE WILL BE PLACED ON A THREAD BAN.

THIS THREAD NEARLY GOT DERAILED A SECOND TIME TODAY WITH MULTIPLE POSTS ABOUT FINDING AND DISCUSSING A FB COMMENT. NOT COOL, AND A TON OF WORK TO CLEAN UP.

THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS TO STICK TO THE WEBSLEUTHS RULES.

CocoChanel

<modsnip - part of this post was removed>
Back to Suzanne... what was she wearing ?
What kind of bike ?
Her shoes ?

If anyone can think of questions that LE needs to answer so that she can be found.
Or at least in case someone has spotted her somewhere.

Normally those would be the things LE would tell us to look for.

They aren't releasing any of that information in this case, that's usually one of the very first things they try to do.

There has to be a good reason we aren't being given that information.

By now they know what she was likely wearing, they just don't have a reason for telling the public

Last edited by a moderator:
Per property records, she literally did go for a ride near her home.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/

خرائط ‪Google ‬‏‏

No updates yet :(
If you look at the satellite from the Zillow map, you notice that the nearest neighbor is very far away and the homes are fairly hidden by trees. I'm wondering if a neighbor saw her ride by earlier in the day but did not realize that she hadn't returned home. At some point maybe her husband or kids tried to call her and got scared when she didn't answer her phone. Maybe then, they called around to neighbors to see if they had seen her. Maybe one said they had seen her earlier in the day. OR, maybe they asked the neighbor to go check on her at their home when she didn't answer her phone and the neighbor noticed that her bike was gone. So many possibilities and nothing really to go on. I really think it is odd that LE hasn't really given much information for the public to go on if they want help finding her. It feels like they know a lot more than they are telling us.

Definitely a possibility.

That would not be my first guess, however.

I'm thinking another family member contacted the neighbor.

To be more specific, I'm thinking her husband, BM, may have contacted the neighbor.

JMO.
Good points.
Here's a question : How would the neighbor know if she arrived back home from her bike ride ?
I'm just saying.

When we get back from a bike ride we cut across our back yard area by the woods and put our bikes back in the garage smaller side door, which isn't viewable from the highway. (Rural area)

Unless they had ring doorbell or sec. cams and just looked at the footage.

Normally those would be the things LE would tell us to look for.

They aren't releasing any of that information in this case, normally that one of the first things they try to do.

There has to be a good reason we aren't being given that information.

By now they know what she was likely wearing, they just don't have a reason for telling the public
I was thinking that they were gym people so she may have an extensive workout wardrobe . maybe they really dont know what she had on.

It sounds to me like the neighbor saw her bike at County Road 225 and West Highway 50 but no sign of Suzanne. Police were called to that specific area instead of her house so it doesn't sound like the neighbor or family were just worried about her not returning from the bike ride. In that case they would have called the police to her house and started searching from there. I think the bike being found abandoned is very possibly what started the call to police and this whole investigation.

This still does not explain why the police haven't given a description of the bike, etc to see if there are any witnesses. Very strange to me!
Interesting about the bike...hmmm

Welcome to Websleuths,
Ssschu !!

Good points.
Here's a question : How would the neighbor know if she arrived back home from her bike ride ?
I'm just saying.

When we get back from a bike ride we cut across our back yard area by the woods and put our bikes back in the garage smaller side door, which isn't viewable from the highway. (Rural area)

Unless they had ring doorbell or sec. cams and just looked at the footage.

I don't believe for one red hot skinny minute that the neighbor noticed SM leaving for a bike ride on Sunday.

I sure as heck don't believe that the neighbor noticed around 5:46 that she hadn't arrived back home from her bike ride and became so overwhelmingly concerned that he/she contacted LE to report her missing.

Just to be clear:
I don't even believe that SM went for a bike ride on Sunday.

So there's that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members