Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live 35 minutes from Maysville and I hike and ski in the area. My experience is that I lose cell phone coverage (Verizon) at Maysville and I would not have coverage up the pass where she lives or where she would be biking to or where the search was today.

I live 35 minutes from Maysville and I hike and ski in the area. My experience is that I lose cell phone coverage (Verizon) at Maysville and I would not have coverage up the pass where she lives or where she would be biking to or where the search was today.
Welcome to WS, and thank you for your local perspective! It is always very much appreciated. :)

It’s my first post so I hope I’m doing this right. Has the family been interviewed on television yet? Sorry about the name, my son thinks he’s a wise guy.
WELCOME. Love the name, your son has a great sense of humor, tell him we said hello. There have been no interviews from anyone that I am aware of.

It’s my first post so I hope I’m doing this right. Has the family been interviewed on television yet? Sorry about the name, my son thinks he’s a wise guy.
You will see many funny usernames; no apology needed. :)

As far as I know, we have only seen a nephew be interviewed. I will see if I can find it.

Alexandria native goes missing in Colorado

The Morphews are natives of Alexandria. Suzanne Morphew is the daughter of Gene Moorman, former owner of the popular Gene's Root Beer drive-in restaurant on Scatterfield Road in Anderson.

...the first time we get to read in the mainstream media who her father is. I note there have been no public statements given yet from the Moorman side of the family.
I live in Indiana, 25 miles from Anderson’s in the same county as Arcadia. I haven’t seen one word about this case on local news stations here in Indiana.

Random observation:

I'll be shocked if SM's case doesn't get featured on Dateline and/or 48 hours at some point.

The one positive here is that the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are such that this case will likely garner a huge amount of public interest and media attention, as we're already starting to see.

That in turn will help to keep LE highly motivated to locate her and bring this case to a resolution.

JMO.

Last edited:
@BoatyMcboatface - this post below has a link to (one of?) the nephew's interview. I know he has been quoted more than once but unsure of how many televised interviews.

I just read the description post at the GF. IMO, it sounds more like a campaign for a funded budget for the search and rescue of SM. Maybe their plan is to hire professional search teams, drones, etc.

If you listen to this morning's 9 NEWS audio interview with the nephew (linked below), it sounds like they're engaged in a private search--perhaps funded by the family GF.

In other words, it seems very specific --whether it proves to be or not is another question.

MOO

ETA: adding audio link

Search for missing Chaffee County woman focuses on area where personal item found

I also have bikes which are always very dirty, but I know some people keep their bikes clean after riding. Maybe the condition of the bike the nephew was referring to is that it was perfectly clean, you would at least have dirt on the tires in that area and probably more dust/dirt on the bike itself.
I live 35 minutes from Maysville and I hike and ski in the area. My experience is that I lose cell phone coverage (Verizon) at Maysville and I would not

Welcome

Nothing from her immediate family on television.

Her nephew did do an interview that has been posted here.

And her husband did put up a 100k reward fairly quickly, almost as soon as the news broke of her disappearance FWIW

I just noticed the wording in this article - that sheriff's deputies "spoke with a neighbor who said Morphew, reportedly went on a bike ride and never came home."

It could just be the way the article was worded, it wouldn't be the first time media reporting was misleading, even if unintentional. But the specific wording makes it sound like the NEIGHBOR said SM "reportedly went on a bike ride and never came home." Meaning the neighbor was conveying information they had been told. Not that the neighbor reported that SM went on a bike ride and never came home.

Does that make sense? I may be splitting hairs. But the way it's worded makes it sound to me like the neighbor was told SM went on a bike ride and didn't come home. Not that the neighbor was the one noticing/reporting it. I could be reading into that! Hopefully more info to come in the press conference.

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

Sheriff’s deputies responded to the area near County Road 225 and West Highway 50 in Maysville, west of Poncha Springs, Sunday evening. They spoke with a neighbor who said Morphew, reportedly went on a bike ride and never came home.

Family has said her husband was out of town at the time.

I live in Indiana, 25 miles from Anderson’s in the same county as Arcadia. I haven’t seen one word about this case on local news stations here in Indiana.

You’ve got to wonder why. In this case thus far it’s been more about what has *not* been said rather than what has been said, in almost every respect.

I just noticed the wording in this article - that sheriff's deputies "spoke with a neighbor who said Morphew, reportedly went on a bike ride and never came home."

It could just be the way the article was worded, it wouldn't be the first time media reporting was misleading, even if unintentional. But the specific wording makes it sound like the NEIGHBOR said SM "reportedly went on a bike ride and never came home." Meaning the neighbor was conveying information they had been told. Not that the neighbor reported that SM went on a bike ride and never came home.

Does that make sense? I may be splitting hairs. But the way it's worded makes it sound to me like the neighbor was told SM went on a bike ride and didn't come home. Not that the neighbor was the one noticing/reporting it. I could be reading into that! Hopefully more info to come in the press conference.

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

Sheriff’s deputies responded to the area near County Road 225 and West Highway 50 in Maysville, west of Poncha Springs, Sunday evening. They spoke with a neighbor who said Morphew, reportedly went on a bike ride and never came home.

Family has said her husband was out of town at the time.

No, you are not splitting hairs. It's a valid question, IMO. Some pronouns would be helpful. What else do we have to discuss but the way these articles are written? Because they surely haven't had a lot of info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay