Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That photo makes me do a double-take, too. Yet Suzanne looks relaxed and happy in the background. Maybe she likes the person who took the photo and he doesn’t? Or she doesn’t mind being interrupted, but he does?
It looks like a hotel room in the background to me, I was thinking one of the girls took it, maybe teasing knocking room service and Dad answered door with mom finding it amusing. One one of their vacations. IMOo

Is beck's a part of her family's little Indiana empire?? apologies in advance if this a violation.
No c
Is it just me, or does it seem a bit invasive to anyone else, digging into the family's real estate holdings? I mean, maybe it's important but maybe it's not, and since LE haven't said a word about it, I'm not even sure how it factors in, or if it does at all?

Just me?
Sorry, I would like to apologize as I was one of the people who commented about the real estate. I wasn’t trying to pry into their business but some were wondering about their financial situation and lifestyle as maybe a way to determine if there was trouble in the family etc. just trying to get a background since we know nothing. Sometimes people in financial struggles do crazy things. Since we know literally nothing about them I shouldn’t have looked at that angle. I hope this comment made sense. I guess it was interesting to me but it might not have anything to with this at all.

Look...it seems like neither had an income. likely living off family wealth. daughters grown or almost so. post divorce...wheres the money coming from or TO? I dont want to say more and get deleted. you know what im getting at.
I thought I read that the husband was or is a successful business owner. Jmo

I'm firmly on the fence on this one but I just have to say, heaven help my husband if I ever go missing. He forgets to wear his seatbelt sometimes, and he hates having his photo taken...

I'm just feeling the need to gently remind everyone that it's really, really easy to read too much into things which in most cases are completely innocent or benign.

The pics on her facebook show to me a relaxed happy mother and her daughters. Not photoshopped at all - hair kind of messy, not posed, very pretty. The disturbing photo to me is the black and white one in a circle with the husband standing in the doorway. It looks a bit like "I'm the boss".
I missed that one.

Since we can sleuth the missing persons' SM maybe you could post the photo here ?

Suzanne is really pretty and very photogenic. IMO she has a friendly, open smile which suggests a friendly, welcoming personality. She may have befriended people others would often avoid.

In my mind, I’ve ruled out a mountain lion and an accident. I believe LE’s swift reaction was either because they found evidence of foul play; motive on the part of someone close; or they were made aware of someone in her wider circle with an unhealthy interest in her.

Thanks for who ever posted the link earlier.
With the nephew giving an update via phone this morning. He said there are some theories, but they are not talking about it, which of course is very understandable. It sounds like they strongly believe something happened to her in those mountains.

Courtney Fromm‏Verified account @courtney_fromm
Here is that map. We are heading to Maysville next. @FOX21News

EYFpUHqX0AIf-fl.jpg

EYFpUHtXsAg2jcv.jpg

2:16 PM - 15 May 2020 from Colorado, USA

The photos are all posed. No relaxing. The women don't look "real" to me, no personality, just products: makeup, tooth whitener, bottle tans and salon hair. And, if this isn't the effect of "products", it's the effect of Photoshop. Either way, it doesn't seem as though there's any them there.

I know what you mean.

But that seems to be par for the course on Fakelook.

"Image is Everything."

Image is only skin deep, though.

A lot of those smiles you see on SM are a mile wide and an inch deep.

False fronts.

JMO.

and yes...I have two "mid"-teenagers, and we have already started thinking about an empty nest. so, "soon-to-be" empty nesters is fairly accurate. we can agree to split hairs...but the point is that house was likely purchased as the place in which they planned to grow old
Okay, but it's only 3 bedroom, so the largeness of it is in common rooms. I totally get the appeal of this secluded home in the mountains for empty nesters with the money to pay someone else to maintain it when they no longer are able... JMO

No c

Sorry, I would like to apologize as I was one of the people who commented about the real estate. I wasn’t trying to pry into their business but some were wondering about their financial situation and lifestyle as maybe a way to determine if there was trouble in the family etc. just trying to get a background since we know nothing. Sometimes people in financial struggles do crazy things. Since we know literally nothing about them I shouldn’t have looked at that angle. I hope this comment made sense. I guess it was interesting to me but it might not have anything to with this at all.

No need to apologize to me, truly.
I am a little ashamed I didn't word my post better.
I wasn't trying to come down on anyone, just thinking out loud and wondering if we (myself included) should even be going there when nothing from the LE agency investigating this case has been said about any of that.
It was more of a thought/question out loud wondering "does any of that even matter?"
The more I think about it the more I think it might, but without LE really giving the public much to go on, that's entirely speculation on my part.
You response made perfect sense, and I hope mine has, as well.
:)

From Sheriff's Office:

"
US Highway 50 Re-Opens
(Friday, May 15, 2020—Chaffee County, CO)—The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office announces that US Highway 50 (Monarch Pass) is now open.
The Sheriff’s Office greatly appreciates the patience of the community during search of the area in connection with Suzanne Morphew’s missing person case."

From Sheriff's Office:

"
US Highway 50 Re-Opens
(Friday, May 15, 2020—Chaffee County, CO)—The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office announces that US Highway 50 (Monarch Pass) is now open.
The Sheriff’s Office greatly appreciates the patience of the community during search of the area in connection with Suzanne Morphew’s missing person case."
I hope that means the Press Conference is coming soon.

From Sheriff's Office:

"
US Highway 50 Re-Opens

US Highway 50 Re-Opens
The Sheriff’s Office greatly appreciates the patience of the community during search of the area in connection with Suzanne Morphew’s missing person case.
Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office to Provide
Update on Missing Person Case
Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze will host a news conference to update the search for Suzanne Morphew (age 49), who was reported missing in Chaffee County on May 10, 2020.
The public is asked to continue to forward information about Ms. Morphew’s whereabouts through a designated tip line: (719) 312-7530
News Conference Details:
Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze
Date—Friday, May 15, 2020
Time—5:00 pm

Location—Park across the street from the Chaffee County Courthouse (Park Avenue & Crestone Avenue)
Susan Medina
Communications Director
Administration

5pm presser --- an hour and 10 mins from now for those not in MT time.

US Highway 50 Re-Opens
The Sheriff’s Office greatly appreciates the patience of the community during search of the area in connection with Suzanne Morphew’s missing person case.
Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office to Provide
Update on Missing Person Case
Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze will host a news conference to update the search for Suzanne Morphew (age 49), who was reported missing in Chaffee County on May 10, 2020.
The public is asked to continue to forward information about Ms. Morphew’s whereabouts through a designated tip line: (719) 312-7530
News Conference Details:
Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze
Date—Friday, May 15, 2020
Time—5:00 pm

Location—Park across the street from the Chaffee County Courthouse (Park Avenue & Crestone Avenue)
Susan Medina
Communications Director
Administration

5pm presser --- an hour and 10 mins from now for those not in MT time.
Thanks GoJacks!!!!
I have to be to work by then. Everyone please leave updates!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy