CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On September 1, there was a local news article written about Morgan. Let's say there was no blog, but that article was posted here. Would we still have 14 pages of discussion? I'm not sure of that. So I do think the blog is written in a way to get attention because they know that public outrage might cause LE to take the case more seriously. Morgan died almost one year ago, and perhaps the parents were contacting the media but weren't getting any interest. So they decided to try an unconventional approach, to think outside the box.

Was this their neighbors roof? I thought that they checked all around the house early on and found no branches or such that touched the house.

That's mentioned very early in the blog, after the 2 days of actual noises/taps on the window, which would be day 4 of the stalking (for a while it was like every other day, then almost 2 weeks with nothing, then back to every other day or more - the lapse of contact for nearly 2 weeks could be important).

As for the pictures, my son takes amazing pictures, and he's 20. With a good digital camera, it's very easy to take professional appearing pictures, but the camera does bring up another possibility: If she took pictures as much as my son does, then it's very possible she may have captured the stalker/peeper one or more times.

Im sure mum hinted earlier in the blog something to do with a bug in the house.I think it was around about the same part in the blog where she talked about her voice being overheard.

Was this their neighbors roof? I thought that they checked all around the house early on and found no branches or such that touched the house.

I think, iirc, that the comment was that nothing was found which could make the noise they heard at Morgan's bath/bedroom window. I think they also checked and found that there were trees located in close enough proximity to other areas of the house (maybe this one?) that could rub up against the house. And they did, at one point, clear their property of branches and bushes, and were considering a "clear cut" of the property, but decided against it.

I further recall (again, if I recall correctly) that LE said there was no way anyone could get on their roof, discounting the aspen tree. And I think they still believed that LE knew everything there was to know, and was advising them well. That thought has now changed, but I don't think they can be blamed for listening to LE at the time, you know?

It's one thing to have experience with a stalker (as some of us apparently have had) or to understand it through case studies here at WS or other places online. It's another to have it be their first experience, and seemingly not terribly savvy about security, or home defense; facing this situation, they trusted the guys in uniform...and didn't do the police work themselves (like we would have done).

As for the photos, ScotsPaddy, I see what you're saying, but disagree with your conclusion. I did shoot semi-pro for a while, and it's actually fairly easy these days to shoot really nice, "artsy" photos, with cameras that are little more than point and shoots. I shot with a Canon, had some L glass, and got some amazing photos...and did self-portraiture a bit, too. It's possible...and Morgan seems like someone who loved the arts, and would have taken some unusual photos of herself...

Best-
Herding Cats

That's mentioned very early in the blog, after the 2 days of actual noises/taps on the window, which would be day 4 of the stalking (for a while it was like every other day, then almost 2 weeks with nothing, then back to every other day or more - the lapse of contact for nearly 2 weeks could be important).

As for the pictures, my son takes amazing pictures, and he's 20. With a good digital camera, it's very easy to take professional appearing pictures, but the camera does bring up another possibility: If she took pictures as much as my son does, then it's very possible she may have captured the stalker/peeper one or more times.

Which one of their neighbors were out of town for 2 weeks? Was there a family member in the hospital? Did any of them work rotating shifts? I agree, the downtimes could be clues.

I think there is some circumstantial evidence that alone may mean nothing but when you put it together it does speak. The shoe print by Morgans window, the image on the cam, easy to get up tree on roof, the cracked gutter no other place but above Morgans window.I dont see a connection to murder yet because we dont know what this stalker wanted or who he was trying to terrorize.

I've finished the timeline, and as of today, Day 42 of stalking, there were actually 13 days of incidents reported. On many of those days it was reported that "it was quiet last night", yet in later posts there is mention of rocks being thrown at the windows, tapping, lights going on etc. I'm confused.

Other observations:

*In the beginning, each event of stalking followed a visit from Morgan to her friends.
*No stalking behavior outside the home.
*No phone calls.
*Later even Mom notices that incidents are occurring even when Morgan isn't home (again raising the possibility that she was not the intended victim, but one of the parents was).
*The motion detector light outside the parents' bedroom is often tripped, again making me think they were the intended victims, or perhaps that sensor was to sensitive and went off whenever they walked towards their bed.

sorry but up-thread someone posted a link to the blog where a link someone posted of a picture of M with B and two other people. After enlarging the stalker picture, then studying the picture of M and other's the guy on our far left looking at the picture has the physique of the stalker picture. Now granted he has a long sleeve shirt and hard to tell 100% but to me it is a closer match then B or K. BTW I saved all the photo's on my pc so I can enlarge them.

It is possible that all in B house took part, maybe they took turns running over there and throwing rocks but one of them I think went further. Just thinking out-loud to myself here.

Checking thru the timeline I noticed 2 more things. There is, as of today, another large gap with no reported incidents (10 days), and when looking back, after August 10, there's only 1 time Morgan reports hearing anything, and that was when she heard the keypad activating. In fact, the night the picture was captured and the police were there, she slept thru that. All other incidents were reported by mom, which means that according to the blog, only 6 of the 13 incidents reported were experienced by Morgan, and all but one of those was within the first 10 days of stalking. Again, if there was a stalker/peeper, who was the real target?

Edit: Missed a day. There was an incident reported by mom on Sept 3, so that would make it 8 days with no contact as of today's post. And 14 days total of unusual activity in the 43 days so far reported; So 6 out of 14 reported by Morgan, the rest by mom.

I've finished the timeline, and as of today, Day 42 of stalking, there were actually 13 days of incidents reported. On many of those days it was reported that "it was quiet last night", yet in later posts there is mention of rocks being thrown at the windows, tapping, lights going on etc. I'm confused.

Other observations:

*In the beginning, each event of stalking followed a visit from Morgan to her friends.
*No phone calls.
*Later even Mom notices that incidents are occurring even when Morgan isn't home (again raising the possibility that she was not the intended victim, but one of the parents was).
*The motion detector light outside the parents' bedroom is often tripped, again making me think they were the intended victims, or perhaps that sensor was to sensitive and went off whenever they walked towards their bed.
My motion detector lights are tripped two or three times/night as well as my neighbor's. Raccoons, foxes, skunks, deers, owls, bears, and cats set them off.

Other observations:

*No phone calls.
thank you for doing this!

This person probably was right under everyones nose in the day time. I wonder if they looked thru pictures or asked her friends to see if there is someone that repeatedly could be in the background watching her? I couldnt find a fb for her. Has anyone found one? Id love to look at her pics.

Did this C guy have any feelings for Morgan?.
I also i wonder if any of the nights that nothing happened were quiet still nights with no wind or breeze?.

I'm not sure how to say this without breaking any of the rules, but I wonder if the death has anything to do with the fact the stalker would soon be losing access to Morgan. Like maybe he couldn't stand the thought of her not living there, and he would rather kill her than see that happen.

I think MOM is doing a great job getting the word out. At first I was confused why she was only posting about the days things happen. But read now its because she wants us to feel what each day felt like.

I honestly think that yes they wanted to catch this guy, and tried, but they never realized how dangerous this could be :(

I have not read much about Morgans death, so I can not comment on that.

If he was on the roof, would they not hear him move around? I've had bats in my attic and heard them pretty well. But having him hop on the roof makes perfect sense for them never catching him. Or he just runs faster.... For that camera pic maybe he was on the roof, and thats why the cops didn't see him, if he was moving around outside I would think they would of heard something. I guess he was just really good about being quite.

For buying better cameras, maybe it never crossed their minds to use different ones. Stress can do that... Wish someone would of stepped in and helped them.

Hi! New here. Fascinating story and thread!

My instincts are saying suicide or death by accidental overdose but I understand why Morgan’s parents are so desperate to prove otherwise, and my heart breaks for them. Regardless we have very few facts.

We have a glimpse into who Morgan was, but only from the perspective of her parents. Many kids lead double lives that their parents don’t know about… could Morgan have had a darker side that her parents never saw or don’t want to talk about? After all, Morgan’s mom stated that Morgan and B ran in the same circles. B’s FB page contains many party pictures and references. Maybe Morgan was participating in some risky behavior as well.

The neighborhood is Aspen Equestrian Estates. The “farm” behind their subdivision is an equestrian center. Could the drug used for humans and horses that ended Morgan’s life have come from there? Smoking or snorting it might explain no traces of it in her stomach.

About the jewelry, with all of the shock, sadness, grief and confusion if wonder if Morgan’s mom can be absolutely certain that the jewelry disappeared the exact night or morning of the murder. Regardless, is it possible that Morgan herself sold it to K, in exchange for drugs? We know K was dealing, at least according to the police log detailed in the local newspaper.

A few more things: B’s baby isn’t K’s. The father’s name starts with a D and there are several pictures of him on B’s page. He was at the baby shower.
Thanks for letting me chime in!

Unless theres a dog or helicopter involved then hiding from the amount of LE that was turning up to each callout would not be difficult at all,and thats from experience..

I also made a post about the time it would take between a knock at the window and for the father etc to get to the door was plenty of time for the stalker to bolt.sorry i cant recall the page or post number i posted,this threads moving to fast lol.

Welcome chunky monkey. Love your username.

I'm glad so many are chiming in. We WILL figure this out. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member