Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not resist:

vI8MiX7PAFtgcQW06bvAHpC7vYQehZQbBhkgH4MsPQAHxtzFMiyVojp4yCHE-HrzeohsO2-CanV_09_38KkUdNBvf3x5tmo-0w_uCmzlf_6D9qmUKw

my son has this one:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Planet-Micro-Ear-Gear/dp/B000EXDO5G/ref=cm_lmf_tit_22"]Amazon.com: Wild Planet Micro Ear Gear: Toys & Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/314newNzdlL.@@AMEPARAM@@314newNzdlL[/ame]

(he also has the laser trip wire... which has it's own off topic funny story)

and you can actually hear with this thing... I am not kidding. It is under ten dollars at target.

2011-
08/26/2011
03:26:59
Inactive/Closed 62 CORRAL DR Carbondale
Deputies took a report of a suspicious incident including property damage outside the town of Carbondale.

I wonder what was damaged.. Oh maybe the locks?

I also feel this case has many inconsistencies and there are things about the parents' story that make little sense to me and others that just give me a strange, "something is off" feeling.

Assuming the information in the blog is truthful, I think we are heading in the direction that there was a group involved in this stalking, and it was more like bullying by gaslighting the victim rather than lone male stalker.

I suspect the stalker doesn't act like a stalker because he doesn't have that obsessive interest in M as a victim....rather suspect he is carrying out commands issued by another. If so, I suspect the root cause of this stalking is jealousy rather than desire/obsession.

If this stalking played out to the end (e.g., no suicide), I could see Morgan given the choice of taking the fatal dose or being killed by hunting knife.

I share your something is off here feeling but can't express more without violating the ground rules.

This info is a bit behind some of the newer spy stuff but maybe helpful to some: (ETA: It's a weird website too, but there are probably many more that are more up to date. Hard to look at work, and sneak in posts, sorry.)

http://www.stalker-beware.com/listeninghome.html

Just google spycams, you will find some are just a screw or nail in the wall. Then do listening devices, they come in a very broad range and can also be very small, and need not be inside your home.

Also, something else to consider is that according to the second opinion posted yesterday from the Arapahoe County Coroner/ME/Forensic Pathologist, the Flexiril is what was found in gastric contents, the amitriptylene and nortriptylene (sp?) were found in tests done on her blood, so doesn't it remain possible that those two COULD have been administered via some sort of creme or patch or something of the sort and not by pills or spiked food/drink? Hopefully I haven't just been misunderstanding what everyone has been saying.

Nortriptyline is the active metabolite of amitriptyline that is demethylated in the liver. Suspect it was in her system from degradation of the amytriptyline rather than administered as a separate drug, although can't rule that out.

is there any real proof that any of these young people were involved? it would be a shame to taint the reputations and names of innocent young people without any concrete proof for accusations.

See below:

No definitive proof.

But he was arrested.

And he did have stolen jewelry.

She was in fact missing her gold jewelry.

That's awfully coincidental IMO ............it also jives with other details that paint a picture.

But, then I do agree with you on this:

those things in no way point to him murdering anyone.

The LE saw the jewelry he had in his possession. If it had been in any way similar they would have asked her family to view it. It is my guess that the jewelry in his possession did not match thedescription of the jewelry the family alleges is missing. I worry that in the frenzy to find clues we may be finding threads where none exist and labeling people as murderers or associated with a murder when there is nothing concrete to base it on.

I am in no way debunking this mother's story or pointing a finger, I am simply trying to remain the voice of reason and not jump into a witch hunt of sorts.

I have not found anything to suggest he was arrested for possession of stolen property. Morgan's mom claims he was pulled over in connection with a "cache" of gold he had recently sold to Cash for Gold, soon after Morgan died, and that he was arrested when drugs were found in the car.

Well, what happened with the gold issue? What was the police looking for and why? How does Morgan's mom know that's why he was pulled over? She states that Cash for Gold has a policy of photographing all gold brought to them for sale. And that she asked the police if she could look at the gold K sold but they said no, that would be shoddy police work.

Well, why doesn't she search photos now and actually find pictures of the jewelry (something she says her husband would not let her do at the time due to the emotionality of going through dozens of photos of Morgan), and show it to the police?

This is the number one, biggest piece of evidence they could possibly find linking K to the stalking and possible murder of their daughter yet this whole subject just kind of fizzles on the blog.

If this is true, this family could sue him for intentional infliction of emotional distress and/or wrongful death and get access to cash for gold records that way.

This is nonsensical and raises red flags for me. Sorry.

That being said, other evidence pointing to K would include that Morgan's mom states she actually caught him fleeing fro their home after a stalking incident and that either right after that or after another stalking incident, he was trailed to B's home, the police pounded on the door and B answered, but refused to go get K, stating he was asleep and she couldn't wake him. So, the police left.

This case is bizarre. There is a feeling of unreality to it. I frankly don't know what to believe. Perhaps there was a bullying/stalking that so consumed Morgan that she took her own life. I don't know. I can't put my finger on it but something is wrong on all sides.

I don't blame the police for not talking too much about this, though. Because I do sense a lawsuit coming and they probably have been advised to shut the heck up. That does not mean they have done a thing wrong, though.

2011-
08/26/2011
03:26:59
Inactive/Closed 62 CORRAL DR Carbondale
Deputies took a report of a suspicious incident including property damage outside the town of Carbondale.

I wonder what was damaged.. Oh maybe the locks?

Great find keeponsearching!
I had looked at dates LE was called per the blog and came up empty.
It looks like LE was called for the incident detailed on 8/25 blog posts.

Wow, I just finished reading the blog from start to finish.

How absolutely terrifying.

The only thing I find confusing is: If I were being terrorized at night by an unknown person, who was able to elude identification or being caught, while standing mere inches from my bedroom window.... There is no chance in hell I would be doing things like going to what looks like a secluded lake area by myself. Or even with others. Wasn't she worried about the stalker during the day, or was she certain he was only around at night. If the latter, why?

Wow, I just finished reading the blog from start to finish.

How absolutely terrifying.

The only thing I find confusing is: If I were being terrorized at night by an unknown person, who was able to elude identification or being caught, while standing mere inches from my bedroom window.... There is no chance in hell I would be doing things like going to what looks like a secluded lake area by myself. Or even with others. Wasn't she worried about the stalker during the day, or was she certain he was only around at night. If the latter, why?

I wondered that too. Once in the blog mom was worried because she was somewhere and walking alone but Morgan wasnt afraid. Up to this point it seems the boogy man only came out after dark.This was a predictable stalker. Myself, I would have been paranoid and looking over my shoulder everywhere I went and observing my surroundings for anyone that seemed to be lurking around.This guy could have been right under their noses in the day time.

Let's not forget your cellphone or wireless phone can be hacked and used as a listening device too.

Yes, it sounds highly likely that her phone could have been monitored.

These links show how easily this can be done (posted in a blog comment Sept. 7th):

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2008/05/05/cell-phone-spying-is-your-life-being-monitored/

http://lifehacker.com/5853483/a-gui...ookies-and-how-to-protect-yourself-against-it

*I remember at one point, she even describes problems with her cell phone...

See below:

But, then I do agree with you on this:

I have not found anything to suggest he was arrested for possession of stolen property. Morgan's mom claims he was pulled over in connection with a "cache" of gold he had recently sold to Cash for Gold, soon after Morgan died, and that he was arrested when drugs were found in the car.

Well, what happened with the gold issue? What was the police looking for and why? How does Morgan's mom know that's why he was pulled over? She states that Cash for Gold has a policy of photographing all gold brought to them for sale. And that she asked the police if she could look at the gold K sold but they said no, that would be shoddy police work.

Well, why doesn't she search photos now and actually find pictures of the jewelry (something she says her husband would not let her do at the time due to the emotionality of going through dozens of photos of Morgan), and show it to the police?

This is the number one, biggest piece of evidence they could possibly find linking K to the stalking and possible murder of their daughter yet this whole subject just kind of fizzles on the blog.

If this is true, this family could sue him for intentional infliction of emotional distress and/or wrongful death and get access to cash for gold records that way.

This is nonsensical and raises red flags for me. Sorry.

That being said, other evidence pointing to K would include that Morgan's mom states she actually caught him fleeing fro their home after a stalking incident and that either right after that or after another stalking incident, he was trailed to B's home, the police pounded on the door and B answered, but refused to go get K, stating he was asleep and she couldn't wake him. So, the police left.
This case is bizarre. There is a feeling of unreality to it. I frankly don't know what to believe. Perhaps there was a bullying/stalking that so consumed Morgan that she took her own life. I don't know. I can't put my finger on it but something is wrong on all sides.

I don't blame the police for not talking too much about this, though. Because I do sense a lawsuit coming and they probably have been advised to shut the heck up. That does not mean they have done a thing wrong, though.

is there any record of this other than the blog or the mother's word?

(snipped by me: SBM)

Also, something else to consider is that according to the second opinion posted yesterday from the Arapahoe County Coroner/ME/Forensic Pathologist, the Flexiril is what was found in gastric contents, the amitriptylene and nortriptylene (sp?) were found in tests done on her blood, so doesn't it remain possible that those two COULD have been administered via some sort of creme or patch or something of the sort and not by pills or spiked food/drink? Hopefully I haven't just been misunderstanding what everyone has been saying.
Cornbread, the only way one can have something in the gastric juice/contents would be by consumption - oral. The Flexeril was in the gastric contents, thus the only way she could have taken it was via mouth. It won't show up in the gastric contents UNLESS she swallowed it - that's pretty much the only way to get stuff into your belly.

If the Flexeril was injected, it would have been found in her blood...and while it may have been in her blood to some extent (through absorption), the fact that it was located from testing the stomach contents tells me that it was an oral ingestion.

However, the amitriptyline was NOT found in her stomach contents. That leads me to believe one of three things:
A) it had been ingested, but there was sufficient time for the med to be absorbed, and left no pills or fragments behind;
or
B) it was injected;
or
C) it was administered transdermally

Going on the assumption that it was an ingestion, it almost would have to be in liquid form, because of the amounts found in her blood stream would lead one to believe that death was not too long in coming. Once death occurs, and indeed, with this drug's mechanism of action, gastric emptying is delayed/slowed as the drug takes effect. For there to be no remnants or fragments of pills, I would lean heavily towards it being a liquid simply because the drug effects, the amount of drug, and there being no remnants of pills in the stomach.

Going on the assumption it was an injection, it would have to have been a high concentration, and done intramuscularly and not into a vein. Absorption could be rather quick, especially if there was a fight/struggle, as the use of muscles will increase the release time of whatever's been injected (when you get a flu shot, it's intramuscularly; the reason it hurts so much over the next 24 hours is because the muscle holds the med in it; if one were to use their arm a bit in the day immediately after the injection, the pain is actually less, because absorption is increased, thus limiting the bolus of med sitting around irritating the muscle). Further, to get it into a vein would take a skill level and a stillness of the arm/leg/area that the injection was placed in, and I don't quite see that happening.

If one assumes it was a transdermal gel, one would need to "spike" the material somehow, and then the material (say, a body lotion) would need to be used in enough concentration (e.g. lots of lotion all over the body) for the drug to be absorbed through the skin. I can say that this is an interesting thought/technique, but I'm not sure of the science behind it totally...I'll have to do more research.

So, my conclusion is based on two things: KISS, and location of drug during autopsy. I suspect that the amitrip was either injected, was a forced oral intake, or it was put into something she ate or drank the night she died. Depending on timing and observations of Morgan before she died, I don't really have a clear "winner" in the race, except to say that it would be easier - although less predictable - to have spiked her drink/food before she went to bed.

In re: the Flexeril. I'm more of a mind that this was a forced ingestion, close to the time of her death. I suspect that the flexeril was crushed from tablet form to powder, mixed with something, and then she was forced to drink it. The reasoning behind this is fairly simple: as the amitrip was taking effect, the gastric motility would have slowed. As the gastric activity slowed, digestion and absorption would have similarly slowed.

As the Flexeril *was* found in her gastric contents during testing 6/6/12, I would assume that it was administered a time after the amitrip, and was not fully absorbed because of the gastric slowing, and thus remained in the stomach and found during testing.

I also believe the Flexeril was in a converted liquid form, because there were no pills or fragments of pills, found in her stomach; if she'd consumed either the amitrip or the flexeril in pill form, I would expect to find some fragments due to the gastric slowing. Yet, there were none.

I've wondered about this too. Perhaps he saw that she was alone (or knew she would be, if he did indeed have some sort of bug in the house), and seized the opportunity, meaning only to incapacitate her, and instead killing her?
My difficulty with that is why would s/he bring along powdered flexeril? Would he believe in advance that the amitrip was not taking effect as expected, and knew s/he needed a "chaser" of sorts? Why else bring the flexeril? I don't believe s/he powdered it at Morgan's house, so it would have had to be prepared in advance. Why do that if you thought Morgan would already be incapacitated?

While I'm not ruling the opportunity aspect out, and while I do think this may have been more "accidental" v. deliberate, I don't know why s/he'd bring a prepared drug if he thought the amitrip would be enough...

Of course, we may be dealing with someone who mixed drugs all the time, and/or who believed in being prepared for all circumstances. Or, for some reason, there was advance notice which led to a belief that the flexeril would be needed.

IMHO, Dr. Dobersen's report does quite a lot to substantiate Toni's story and lend her more credibility while doing the exact opposite for the GC authorities, most especially the coroner/pathologist.
SBM

I agree completely. An independent review, by a reputable pathologist, in the same state, saying that he very strongly disagreed with the original report and the original and ammended cause of death to me is very telling.

Best-
Herding Cats

If you google Ks name with arrest, a report comes up that does mention, theft from a home, theft by receiving, which very well could be jewelry.

Gitana, here is the paragraph from the link regarding K's arrest:

Theft by receiving: Officers received a report on Dec. 23 of theft from a home. At 5 p.m. that day in the 1400 block of Grand Avenue, officers stopped a car driven by Keenan James Vanginkel, 19, of Carbondale and arrested him on a $1,000 warrant for theft by receiving. He was also found to be in possession of less than 6 ounces of marijuana, and was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and intent to sell marijuana.

Here's the link:
http://www.postindependent.com/article/20120113/VALLEYNEWS/120119952

Hope that helps.

Best-
Herding Cats

is there any record of this other than the blog or the mother's word?

there are several media articles as well.

That being said, the thread is to discuss the blog and bringing more attention to stalking.

Ground rules are in the opening post of this thread.

I wondered that too. Once in the blog mom was worried because she was somewhere and walking alone but Morgan wasnt afraid. Up to this point it seems the boogy man only came out after dark.This was a predictable stalker. Myself, I would have been paranoid and looking over my shoulder everywhere I went and observing my surroundings for anyone that seemed to be lurking around.This guy could have been right under their noses in the day time.

I was just thinking - maybe if she thought she knew who it was (there are at least two posts that suggest she thought it was K., including the one where she sent his facebook profile to the police), she may have known he would be at work or something, or assumed his interest was to harass her and her family, but not harm her... ?

Still, if she was scared enough to hold pepper spray walking from the car to the house, seems odd that she would go off to places like this lake. I would have been terrified to be in the woods alone...

I just started reading the blog yesterday.

I have a friend who was stalked in college. It really is so frightening. They caught the guy and it was actually a friend of her roommates ex-bf. Who knows why these perps do what they do, but I did learn a few things. Somebody else mentioned that the stalker can get angry. My friend would come home and have that weird feeling that somebody had been in the apartment, but there were no obvious signs of a break in. Then she noticed some of her underwear was missing and it felt like somebody had been going through her drawers. She put a stick in their sliding glass door, understandably, but the next night her tires were slashed. A message. . .hey I don't like what you did!

I remember LE told her to try and be unpredictable with her schedule, try not to be alone, but also not to take any obvious measures. Because then it becomes a war. I don't know how to better explain that. . .that she had a stalker that was content with being a peeping Tom and panty thief, but if angered could become more dangerous. Idk if I totally agree with that, but I do think a lot of things that Morgan's parents did probably did goad the stalker. It was then a war. There was the thrill of the hunt, the challenge of outsmarting them, etc.

I also remember reading somewhere on the blog that Morgan had met K at a friend's one time and didn't like the vibe she got from him. If K is the stalker, I think sometimes just her fear might have been enough to attract someone with a stalker mind set. . .kind of similar to a dog that senses fear, kwim?

All MOO!

there are several media articles as well.

That being said, the thread is to discuss the blog and bringing more attention to stalking.

Ground rules are in the opening post of this thread.

okay. I will contain my questions. sorry to have broken the rules and discussed the blog in any nonpositive way. I promise to not do it again.

Gitana, here is the paragraph from the link regarding K's arrest:

Theft by receiving: Officers received a report on Dec. 23 of theft from a home. At 5 p.m. that day in the 1400 block of Grand Avenue, officers stopped a car driven by Keenan James Vanginkel, 19, of Carbondale and arrested him on a $1,000 warrant for theft by receiving. He was also found to be in possession of less than 6 ounces of marijuana, and was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and intent to sell marijuana.

Here's the link:
http://www.postindependent.com/article/20120113/VALLEYNEWS/120119952

Hope that helps.

Best-
Herding Cats

So he received stolen property not broke in and stole it himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member