CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have started a no discussion timeline, media, picture, etc thread for you guys and here it is:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8347609#post8347609"]The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram: timeline, picture,media thread: - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

(roll, I have copied your most awesome timeline there to start it off)

If the person who was posting about C is me, I am meaning her friend, C, with whom she'd go hang out at. *

C is listed fairly quickly on B's FB page in her friends section. That's how I made the connection.

Another C person is B's mom.

Best-
Herding Cats

ETA: Chunky Monkey, thanks for clarifying who was the father of B's baby. I was confused about that, especially because JJ (Ks mom) posted on a photo of the baby "looks just like her Dad", and I assumed she was talking about her son. I'm honestly still confused...but that is not unusual for me. LOL.

*Have I ever mentioned I'm not the smartest student in class? I've corrected my error. On further looking, C is a male. I've been following FB connections, and was misled by the profile pix of C into thinking he was a she. Sorry!

Another C is coots i think it was,dunno if thats the same person youre on about.i presumed C was a male..

Just rambling thoughts and ideas...not passing judgements or accusations...

Did the family & LE request transcripts of phone records including all of M's text messages from both phones she used?

Were sophisticated toxicology reports done? There are the usual basics and then there are those beyond that.

Has the family considered exhuming the body for a more advanced autopsy?

Did the parents take pics of the 2 broken locks and/or request LE fingerprint them?

Did LE advise the family to install an alarm system & get an attack dog (or borrow one of the officer's dog for a night or two)?

Did the family set up the ole' fashioned string with ringing tin can or cow bell system outside the house at any point during the stalking (not judging, really want to know)?

I wonder how M felt about the idea of carrying weaponry of some sort?

Has the family thought that there could've been a sophisticated drug operation going on in various locations surrounding the house and those involved thought M knew too much....something about her and B's relationship is "off"...and makes me question if M had knowledge of illicit activities.

If you guys also make a list of initials you can put them in the timeline thread (just do not include complete names... just descriptions)

re:Cmom (C person who is B's mom)
C (friend of M)
M (morgan)
mom (morgan's mom)
dad (morgan's dad)

I started the list.. if anyone wants to copy and paste this into the timeline thread feel free and add on to it (I am not that familiar with the rest of the initials yet)

Just rambling thoughts and ideas...not passing judgements or accusations...

Did the family & LE request transcripts of phone records including all of M's text messages from both phones she used?

Were sophisticated toxicology reports done? There are the usual basics and then there are those beyond that.

Has the family considered exhuming the body for a more advanced autopsy?

Did the parents take pics of the 2 broken locks and/or request LE fingerprint them?

Did LE advise the family to install an alarm system & get an attack dog (or borrow one of the officer's dog for a night or two)?

Did the family set up the ole' fashioned string with ringing tin can or cow bell system outside the house at any point during the stalking (not judging, really want to know)?

I wonder how M felt about the idea of carrying weaponry of some sort?

Has the family thought that there could've been a sophisticated drug operation going on in various locations surrounding the house and those involved thought M knew too much....something about her and B's relationship is "off"...and makes me question if M had knowledge of illicit activities.

She was cremated.

Lera213 (I think)..was the one that mentioned uplink about the gaps in time.

If you disregard the pin point red light days....there are some huge gaps in the timeline between stalking events. In August there was almost a whole 2 weeks with nothing.

Then some days there would be a 2 day gap.

Atasteofhoney,
From reading the blog I know they were
1)discussing setting up tactical trip wire (dad bought several spools)
2)they talked about pepper spray so I think they carried that (re: weapons)

eta: trip wire: I also recall reading that Mom said it would be a PIA because they would have to put it up and take it down every day so the stalker didn't catch on to it

Nurse, will it be okay to copy pictures from the blog.....I'm talking about pictures of the berm, shoe print, and other useful information?

yes, you can put all of the pictures there (including what has already been posted on the thread.

Just make sure you put a link to where you took the picture from so credit goes where it is due.

Decided to post my timeline, see how in compares: The bolded dates are the ones with activity:

08/02/2011

Morgan visits friend (unknown), hears tapping on bathroom window immediately on getting home. Brushes it off as a branch or bird.

08/04/2011

Morgan again hears tapping on her window 15 minutes after coming home, after turning light off.

08/06/2011

Family goes to look outside at window, find no branches to make the noise. Morgan goes to visit friends. Tapping 15 minutes after returning home. Mom and dad go out to look.

08/08/2011

Spends day with friends. Morgan showers in office shower, sees open window and closes it, hears loud banging. First night sleeping in closet out of fear. Also breaks out in a rash (porphyria?)

08/09/2011

Sheriff comes and looks around, finding footprints on the ground outside M's window and the bathroom. Told of previous summer's peeper.

She spends evening with friends. No tapping. Mom and dad patrol grounds, see a chair from neighbor's yard in the grass behind a tree, facing their house. Dad thinks stalker hearing them talk thru open window.

Next post is picture of shoe print with anonymous comments about how clear the pattern was, how it was an Etnie shoe, and how anon saw a kid in the neighborhood wearing Etnies not too long afterwards.

08/10/2011

Morgan goes to hang out with friends. Sleeps in the closet. Something is thrown at the window and she comes out scared. Dad pissed at mom for talking too loud, allowing stalker to hear them thru the open windows. Even now, they are leaving the windows open.

08/11/2011

Morgan decides to text mom when she hears something instead of calling out. She runs errands for mom in Aspen. Stops at friend's house, P, with G next door. Family comes home at 9. Mom and dad think they hear noises outside their window. Dad goes to check, sees nothing. They are now whispering in their room instead of closing the window . . . .

08/12/2011

Buy and install more motion detector lights.

08/13/2011

Never before seen neighbor comes to ask to use extension cord after seeing dad (Steve) use one to install more lights. Mom gets his number, but for some reason decides he's not a possible suspect.

08/15/2011

Ordered curtains for the back of the house. Steve camps out watching the house, to get a feel for the stalker. He sees a red pinpoint light. He goes out to try to flush him out. Mom sees the light. They decide it's from night vision goggles.

08/16/2011

M's birthday. Family comes. Send her off to visit friends. Father and brother hide in woods, watching neighborhood. Morgan texts when she is ready to come home. Both dad and bro see the red light just as Morgan is pulling in.

08/20/2011

Dad adjust the 14 motions detectors around the house. Far sensors go off that night, but not the ones close to the house.

08/22/2011

Because the front lock “broke on its own earlier that week” they buy the keypad. Mom hears the keypad being used that night, 2 beeps. Dad runs out to check, finds no one. Motion detectors go off multiple times that night.

(This is 12 days since the last incident she blogs about.)

08/23/2011

Because of the alarms going off, they call police. They tell police all that has happened recently were alarm trips and pebbles against the windows. She does not mention the pebbles thrown on the blog when it happened, or if there were actually pebbles found by the windows. Also find a neighbor's house door is unlocked (they're watching the house while he's gone).

08/24/2011
Rocks at window early morning. Lock on back door now broken. (no alarms went off?)

08/25/2011

Mom and dad up at 4:30 a.m. Mom sees a person in a hoodie run up to her door. Dad gives chase. Finds nothing. Drives around neighborhood. Only anomalie is one neighbor had his lights on, Jim. Mom's description is def male, 5' 11”

08/26/2011

Mom comments that the dogs have not yet reacted to any of the noises they've been hearing.

08/27/2011 to 08/28/2011

Go camping. No one bothers them, Stalker doesn't follow. On way home buy wildlife camera. Morgan spend the night at friend's house. Mom hears loud knocking on window. Mom and dad go search perimeter.

08/29/2011

Starting at 11 p.m., dectectors going off repeatedly. They search multiple times around house. Finally call police. Cops find nothing. Parents go to bed. Remember camera, figure out how to take out the chip and put it in computer, and see 12 shots, only the last 4 showing anything, the police and alleged suspect. If parents checking around house multiple times, why didn't the camera capture that? M sleeps thru it all.

08/30/2011

Mom shows pic to neighbor, Elliot, who mentions K for the first time. Says only 3 people in the neighborhood have that build: His neighbor P, J (whose light was on that one time), and J's daughter's BF, K. Elliot shows her that he has a shirt exactly like the one in the picture.

Morgan finds out about K; had encountered him at her friend B's house and didn't like him, left immediately. Upset to find he lives 3 doors down now.

08/31/2011

Lights go off. No noises.

09/01/2011

Morgan left home alone. Heard keypad. Cops came. Footprints outside heading towards the tree. Interestingly, in the previous post they said a psychic told them to check the roof (this was after Morgan's death) and they discovered the tree which made roof access easy, yet here, before her death, they have footprints going straight to the tree . . .

Mom speculates, after learning K worked nights at a store they frequent, that he saw M's address on her driver's license, but that wouldn't be necessary since he lived just 3 doors down. And if he worked nights, how was he available to do the stalking at night?

09/03/2011

Mom hears rock at window. Morgan not home.

09/11/2011

Dog barks at door waking only mom. Light outside her room goes off when she goes to bed. No rocks or knocking or anything.

** Notice the pattern in who's doing the reporting. First 5 incident were experienced by Morgan. The rest by Mom and/or dad, except for the keypad incident. Also notice the change in the activity. From window tapping with Morgan, to rocks thrown at windows and setting off of alarms with mom and dad. A lot of the motion detector activity could have been caused by animals. but they're so keyed up at that point that everything is frightening.

** Notice Morgan was with friends before each of the incidents she experienced.

** Again, I find it interesting that most of the stalking, at least at this point, was experienced mainly by the mother, not Morgan. It seems Morgan had a peeper for about 10 days in August, but then things changed.

** Again, also, this does not seem like a stalker, but more of a peeper. There were no reported incidents outside the home. No phone calls. No letters or text. . . as of yet. Would be nice to see the whole picture at once. Of course, peeper does not mean benign.

** I'm still not seeing why this peeper would kill Morgan, unless the parents were the targets (or a parent), and what better way to hurt a parent than to kill their child?

** Sleuthing this would be a lot easier if we could establish a pattern, but we can't do that without the full story. It would also help to hear from LE, the coroner, and neighbors. So far we have only one person's take on the situation.

She was cremated.

Hello and welcome M2GnR.....I got the impression from what the Mom wrote about the curious condition of M's nails post-mortem, that it seemed like a traditional funeral; albeit a coincidence that the owner of the funeral parlor was also the coroner.

You are positive she was cremated? Forensically, that makes things tough in some regards.....

Triple M (mayramm), I have also copied your awesome timeline to the timeline thread.

Another C is coots i think it was,dunno if thats the same person youre on about.i presumed C was a male..

Please note that the C I noted *is* a male...I'm sorry. I screwed that up. Sigh.

There is another C, too, who is also a male.

Best-
Herding Cats

Thanks, Nurse.

I'm still wondering why so much of this story is told by text messages. I wonder if that won't play a part later on in the game. I made the time line so I could see clearly what was happening without the extra commentary about texts and hindsight. It would have been nice if Morgan kept a diary, get her view point on all this, too.

I've finished the timeline, and as of today, Day 42 of stalking, there were actually 13 days of incidents reported. On many of those days it was reported that "it was quiet last night", yet in later posts there is mention of rocks being thrown at the windows, tapping, lights going on etc. I'm confused.

Other observations:

*In the beginning, each event of stalking followed a visit from Morgan to her friends.
*No stalking behavior outside the home.
*No phone calls.
*Later even Mom notices that incidents are occurring even when Morgan isn't home (again raising the possibility that she was not the intended victim, but one of the parents was).
*The motion detector light outside the parents' bedroom is often tripped, again making me think they were the intended victims
, or perhaps that sensor was to sensitive and went off whenever they walked towards their bed.

Those bits bolded is what has stuck me too from reading the blog. It's almost like because the first incident they noticed was outside Morgan's window, it was presumed she was the target.

BUT, I think that as the blog goes on, things may well happen in the story to show that it was aimed at her.

But a lot of what has been said so far, including the fact it all seems to be focused on the home, that it could as likely be either the home and all the family is targeted, or one or both of the parents.

One more thing: The guy climbing the tree seemed really loud to me. Maybe because I was wearing headphones. It did remind me of a story I was told once by a landlord. Apparently in her younger adult years she had bought a house with her husband and kids. They lived in the house a couple of years, noticing the occasional moved object, but thought nothing of it. One day she came home sick from work and found a man in her shower. After the initial screams and freaking out, it turns out that man had been living in the walls for years, long before they had bought the house. Every day he'd wait for the family to leave, shower and shave, eat some food, then go about his business. Apparently he had some access to the house from outside, but actually lived in the walls. They ended up inviting him to live in a spare room, rather than the walls. He wasn't a stalker, just a really strange tenant that came with the house. Obviously the previous owners had no clue they had a roommate!

Lera213 (I think)..was the one that mentioned uplink about the gaps in time.

If you disregard the pin point red light days....there are some huge gaps in the timeline between stalking events. In August there was almost a whole 2 weeks with nothing.

Then some days there would be a 2 day gap.

I wonder about the avid hunter K during this time. I am not a hunter, and so don't know when "seasons" start and end. I'm wondering if this 2 week break would coincide with some sort of hunting activity?

Best-
Herding Cats

I just went thru the entire thread and copied every single picture, video, and research that posters have done into the timeline/media/picture thread.

If you post a picture or video or a bit of research it is always good practice to post it there as well (easier to find later on)

here again is the link if anyone does any research in the wee hours:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8347609#post8347609"]The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram: timeline, picture,media thread: - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

If you missed the link it is also in the opening post of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018