CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, most questions are asked in the "chat" box and then Tricia phrases them correctly and they are asked of the speaker. That's why listening is so helpful. You can listen to the archives and I believe, you can move through the recording like a video (fast forward, reverse, etc.) but I don't think you can see what was said in "chat." I'm not sure about that.

Salem

ETA: I believe the portion of the archive you might like to hear is about 1.5 hours in, maybe 1.25 hours? The show started at 5:00 PST and this discussion was near the end. Toni was done speaking at around 6:30ish PST, and then our one and only Raine provided some info on our Unclaimed forum. If this helps at all.....
We're havin' a disconnect. :)

I listened to most of the broadcast. And posted a few things during.

And then I had some confusion about whether it is OK to talk about the broadcast. Please re-read my posts. :)

I think there's something about the stalker that the longer it goes on the more obsessed he gets. The interesting tidbit was that a woman in an adjacent neighborhood was being stalked and set her german shepherd on the suspect and he never came back. Another local woman stalked had a fence and he almost didn't get away.

I wonder if the take-home message is the passive methods like cameras and video don't work but (at least in this case, not saying this is advice to follow) a direct threat to the stalker's safety was able to stop him.

I'm surprised that after 5 calls to this house (much less 50) that the police wouldn't have pretended to leave and driven back to the house after 5 min or staked out the property with dogs.

The other thing I think about the motive in drugging M is that (per her mom's description) she was a squeaky clean all-natural girl. A youthful offender might want to see her get into trouble by making her into a druggie....I could see someone like that not intending to kill her but wanting her to publicly OD just to destroy her image. I wonder if she had been drugged previously as the picture of her a few weeks before she died she looks pale and gaunt....Some of these named drugs would surely mess with appetite.

I believe after tonight the motive was jealously and the stalking may have been to harrass and torment M. Im not ruling out murder but not convinced yet either. If M was getting pills to help her sleep and to cope with the stress from other people I doubt any of them would ever come forward and admit it.

I'll be honest. After listening to the radio show, I am less convinced about the evidence. I have a lot of sympathy for the Ingrams, and I think it's possible that there was some stalking or other problems... but T's theories seem to go a little far.

- She was stalked by an acquaintance, who belongs to a sketchy crowd. But he may also be a serial stalker?

- The stalker had a complex, and totally silent way of sneaking in and murdering Morgan - holding a date rape drug over her mouth while she slept (can this even happen? let alone that he would still have to get into the room and make contact with her without waking her up) -- and then somehow when she was unconscious making her ingest a drug that was already in the house, that he probably spotted earlier while snooping through their house (though he was never caught in the house). Or he may have injected her with the drug somewhere that is not obvious, like under her fingernails. He did this all silently, sneaking past cameras and in and out of the house, undetected.

- She claims to have video evidence, but the way she said it made me think that maybe LE didn't see anything on the video, but after getting a copy and watching it a bunch of times, she and Steve did. The other photo raised more questions than answers for me... and I wonder, if it was clear, why didn't she bring it right to LE, and why didn't they take it seriously.

On the other hand, the brief tidbits of new information, about the boyfriend for example and her behavior the day she died, make me wonder if Morgan was upset or had something else going on that may have been entirely unrelated to the stalking.

Actually, Mom mentions two men in M's life: one was the ex-boyfriend who went away to college in Australia (and Mom never mentioned his name or initial) and the second one Mom *named the full first name* and I'll just say he is "D". She had been in the company of both within a short period of time before her passing.

Also, Mom said she discovered M's body deceased at 5:30am. Wasn't the call to the paramedics sometime after noon?

snipped for emphasis

Also, Mom said she discovered M's body deceased at 5:30am. Wasn't the call to the paramedics sometime after noon?
we're gonna need a link for the time of the call, please. :)
TIA

I'll have to look again for favorite blog entries. There are so many...

I missed the live show and had some questions! I'm listening to the show now....WHO IS THIS D guy?

We're havin' a disconnect. :)

I listened to most of the broadcast. And posted a few things during.

And then I had some confusion about whether it is OK to talk about the broadcast. Please re-read my posts. :)

I am also confused :) Can we not now discuss the broadcasts? I remember dissecting them in discussions for the Hailey Dunn case. Has this changed? (honestly asking, not trying to be snarky I promise!)

MayraMM was quicker to find the link than I was but it's on Dec 2nd after 12 noon.
Now I have to look for a link, but weren't the specimens taken for testing within a relatively short time? This seems like it would have been a subsequent call, but the death was reported already.

ETA: IN the second med report Dobersen says the samples were taken 5 hours after she was pronounced dead so that doesn't really help.

That would have been a great question to have asked Toni.

Was working. Couldn't listen to the interview. I plan on listening after work.

I do have a question about protocol here. I can understand not sleuthing anyone not named an official suspect by LE, but what about personal statements made by mom.

For instance, mom herself said that she underwent some mental health counseling in the week before M was found dead (according to a poster here who was listening). Since she brought it up and stated it on a radio broadcast, can we now discuss her potential state of mind at the time of the death?

We can't talk about who M was with the night she died, but can we talk about Mom's statements about M not answering texts and coming home late, and mom's own anger over this?

I am also confused :) Can we not now discuss the broadcasts? I remember dissecting them in discussions for the Hailey Dunn case. Has this changed? (honestly asking, not trying to be snarky I promise!)
My understanding (per JBean's post) is that we can't discuss the broadcast here (even tho it was advertised here). Sigh.

The ground rules for the forum are always the same- and that is forum wide.
Unless someone is named in the MSM by LE as a POI or a suspect and this can be done directly and sometimes indirectly, those people are not open for discussion or investigation. It is just about keeping our posts responsible and not openly accusing anyone of criminal behavior.

At this point LE isn't even saying there is a murder- so it is pretty hard to qualify anyone as a POI or suspect. KWIM?

Was working. Couldn't listen to the interview. I plan on listening after work.

I do have a question about protocol here. I can understand not sleuthing anyone not named an official suspect by LE, but what about personal statements made by mom.

For instance, mom herself said that she underwent some mental health counseling in the week before M was found dead (according to a poster here who was listening). Since she brought it up and stated it on a radio broadcast, can we now discuss her potential state of mind at the time of the death?

We can't talk about who M was with the night she died, but can we talk about Mom's statements about M not answering texts and coming home late, and mom's own anger over this?
My guess is no. Which sucks. JMO.

OHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM.

You can discuss the broadcast. You cannot name people as suspects or investigate them on the board unless they have been named in the MSM by LE as a suspect or a POI either directly or indirectly.

I don;t know how else to say it. This is a forum wide rule and is not new.

The ground rules for the forum are always the same- and that is forum wide.
Unless someone is named in the MSM by LE as a POI or a suspect and this can be done directly and sometimes indirectly, those people are not open for discussion or investigation. It is just about keeping our posts responsible and not openly accusing anyone of criminal behavior.

At this point LE isn't even saying there is a murder- so it is pretty hard to qualify anyone as a POI or suspect. KWIM?

OK, so discussing other factors mom brought up, which are not accusing anyone or placing blame, is OK? (If you missed it, see example on the last page)

Edit: So we CAN discuss those things! Phew!

I hope Tricia can help this Family some how. I'm afraid we on this forum cannot help much without an MSN article mentioning the players that could possibly be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member