CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the house had been scheduled to be sold and it is around the same time this occurred.

I believe several of the houses on that street had the same owner, who defaulted and the houses were auctioned. Something like that. The Ingrams would probably have had to move either way.

I wouldn't have stayed either.

Ahh! I stand corrected. :p

Now I have to go back and find the MLS listing I had seen before, where it showed the property had sold for much less than it's value!
That's probabaly OK (posting the house itself info).

I'm not a Mod, but we were strongly discouraged from "sleuthing" the parents' financials. Some posters found the records for the owner(s)...(not the Ingrams).

IIRC, many homes in that subdivision were foreclosed, and that mite explain it, if one or more subsequently sold for less than value. IDK.

We're treading litely (the rules for posting in this thread are in the OP, opening post).

http://science.howstuffworks.com/autopsy3.htm

Medical Examiner or Coroner?
While many types of medical doctors are capable of performing autopsies, most states or local government laws mandate that an appointed forensic pathologist do the work. These appointees are called medical examiners and have an official position in the county medical examiner system
Not all counties use the medical examiner system. Some counties use coroners and a coroner's system. There are two major differences between medical examiners and coroners and their corresponding systems.
Dr. Kiesel explains:
A medical examiner by definition is a physician ... In most cases, they are trained to be forensic pathologists... and are appointed to their positions. To be a coroner, you just have to be able to be elected to the job. You've got places where the local feed store operator is a coroner. I've got a friend out in Washington State who's a farmer, who's the coroner of his county.
Many coroners are qualified pathologists with years of experience. Some are physicians in unrelated fields. But depending on the county laws,[/B] a coroner may require no medical qualifications at all in order to perform his or her duty. This fact raises two questions:
First, why would a county opt for a coroner system over a medical examiners system if the differences in qualifications can be so great?
The answer is resources. In most rural areas, there may not be a whole lot of qualified forensic pathologists around nor the facilities needed for them to do their jobs properly. Additionally, rural areas with very little or no violent crime or unexplainable deaths don't need a full-time forensic pathologist.
The second question is: What is a feed store coroner going to do when faced with a dead body?
Dr Kiesel answers, "He's gonna go out and say, 'Well, he's dead.' That's the coroner's official duty."
The coroner is also responsible for:
Identifying the body
Notifying the next of kin
Collecting and returning any personal belongings on the body to the family of the deceased
Signing the death certificate

Perhaps why the autopsy had 2 different opinions- natural causes changed to susicide ?

Oh no, I found a photo from the house in a listing system on the first thread of this topic and did some further digging, but I wouldn't post that here. :)

I do try to follow the rules, I promise!

And, surprisingly, I went to school with CO. He was a great kid, very into pot, but nice. Based on the fact that we are FB friends (have been since long before this thread/blog/etc.) I can confidently say that I don't think he had anything to do with Morgan's stalking.

I hope that is okay to post, if not please let me know and I will delete!

One blog post stated that they asked M for her input on who she could think of that could do this..(edit out link to name)

Anyway, could that be where it's coming from that they had a "suspect list?"
No, actually it doesnt come from any Ingram or any comment made by an Ingram..the fact that a developed suspect list exists in Morgans felony stalking case came directly from the proverbial horse's mouth..LE being that horse and even more specifically Detective Megan Alstatt stating that fact..

Detective Megan Alstatt, said that the stalker case is not necessarily closed.

“I believe it's inactive, but technically we could reopen it,” she said.

According to Detective Megan Alstatt several different people were viewed as suspects.

“At this time we don't have enough evidence to go through with arrests for any of those people,” she added.

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20120907/NEWS/120909901/1077&ParentProfile=1058

Oh no, I found a photo from the house in a listing system on the first thread of this topic and did some further digging, but I wouldn't post that here. :)

And, surprisingly, I went to school with CO. He was a great kid, very into pot, but nice. Based on the fact that we are FB friends (have been since long before this thread/blog/etc.) I can confidently say that I don't think he had anything to do with Morgan's stalking.

Thanks crazyeights! I've checked out FB pages and saw lots of skateboarding and smoking. I'm very on the fence about the stalking and appreciate your insight.

Why did M turn white as a ghost when she found out K was living down the street if she only met him once and never even talked to him?
Why did he creep her out so bad if she just met him in a room and found out he was her friends bf so much she just stared at him and left the room?

mho that sounds like to me someone you knew from before.

Also, WS has rules for posting "insider info"...there is a verification process (easy tho).

Again, I'm not a Mod.

But Nursebeeme is...PM her (or any Mod) if you have any questions. She's been babysitting us (tough job!).

We just had Morgan's thread "closed for review" today...to make sure everyone was following the rules and some "cleanup" was needed. So pardon me if I seem a bit antsy. :D

:hug: And again, welcome to WS!!!! :)

It was a long time ago, of course. Early 2000's. So, personalities may have changed. But I do feel as though this isn't something that he would be involved it. Also, posts regarding her death are nothing but sad and sympathetic.

Also, WS has rules for posting "insider info"...there is a verification process (easy tho).

Again, I'm not a Mod.

But Nursebeeme is...PM her (or any Mod) if you have any questions. She's been babysitting us (tough job!).

We just had Morgan's thread "closed for review" today...to make sure everyone was following the rules and some "cleanup" was needed. So pardon me if I seem a bit antsy. :D

:hug: And again, welcome to WS!!!! :)

I wouldn't call myself an insider. Lol. And I would *never* post any private details about him or his life. I did think a general observation was okay though. I'll PM a mod to check though! Thanks! :woohoo:

I thought coroner was an appointed position and not the same thing as an ME. Like, the coroner signs off on COD / death certs. but does not necessarily perform the autopsies.

I believe you're right. I think they're more or less the one who runs the show when someone dies: deciding when an autopsy is needed, signing the death certificate, testifying in court, supervising all of the testing done, and deciding when to release the body. I'm sure there are other duties, but those are all I can think of at the moment. The ME determines the cause of death, but it's the coroner who actually signs the death certificate. I guess in a small county, they might be the same person, but I think they more likely use an ME from another county when needed.

Crazy (hope I can call you Crazy, LOL), did you know Morgan?

I wouldn't call myself an insider. Lol. And I would *never* post any private details about him or his life. I did think a general observation was okay though. I'll PM a mod to check though! Thanks! :woohoo:

Since it sounds like you lived pretty close by, you may be able to answer one question I had. Without naming any names, if the answer is yes, do you know if anyone close by there might have had a pilot's license? If so, did he/she own a small plane? TIA

Hahah! Sure you can! :)

No, I only knew CO when we were younger. I spent most of my school aged time in another state, that CO is from.

ETA: CO is the only person I have ever known and it was out of state. I have never been to Carbondale/Aspen and don't know anyone involved, other than him. And, we were never close friends. More of a, had a class together, had mutual friends, etc.

I think the house had been scheduled to be sold and it is around the same time this occurred.

IIRC, the house and a few others on the same street were owned by an investor (M's family were tenants) and the investor's properties were in the process of being foreclosed on.

No, I only knew CO when we were younger. I spent most of my school aged time in another state, that CO is from.

Just regarding the question about the date rape drug, mentioned above ^^....if Morgan had been out earlier in the evening and ingested it then, it would have taken effect long before she traveled home, and had a lengthy discussion with her father. It works pretty quickly. I had the misfortune of ingesting it once.

:fireworks::welcome::fireworks:

She responded to my question:
http://morganingram.com/wordpress/?p=1137#comment-932

Several people have asked why the issue of real vs. fake nails is important. Fake nails are a lot harder to break/tear/cut than real nails.

That was me. Thank you! I kept hearing about nails being broken or torn and had no clue what is was about. Thanks!

Do detectives and LE actually have developed suspects when they are in question of there even being a stalker that exists?..zero evidence of there ever even being a stalker..yet detectives and LE have a fully developedd list of suspects(as in multiple, more than one)...??

To believe no stalker exists and have zero proof of a stalker existing does not jive with, or coincide with the detectives actually having a developed suspect list...

Unless they never did develop a suspect list, or, they developed one at a certain point based on the statements of the family but then later, after never finding evidence to support those statements, they no longer believed there was a crime to compile suspects for.

Again, we have the mom's statements but they contradict LE's and thus far, very many people on this thread find a logic problem with her account of things she feels transpired.

Mom says this happened somewhere between the coroner's and the funeral home, so the broken nails would not have been indicative of defense wounds. On the other hand, why would the coroner/funeral home owner cut them and then deny it?

Nails can be broken and bodies bruised post mortem, just due to handling.

I've never posted here before, but actually joined after reading some here today specifically because of the photo of the stalker in the driveway after the police left. Someone mentioned earlier that it looks like they could be wearing a cap backwards. I absolutely agree and to me, it looks like it could have a camouflage pattern on it. When I go back and look at it, all I see now is a backwards camo cap with the persons head turned to the right, bill out to the left.

:welcome4:

Hello All! :) This is my first post here. I heard about Morgan's story on a friends FB page and have followed the blog, and every post on here diligently. I finally decided it was time to chime in! I have a couple of points here, for now.

1. It's very common for Google Maps to let areas know when they are doing ariel or street shots. I've seen some funny pictures all over the web where people have written things in their grass, taped something funny into the car window facing the street, etc. I can't personally read too much into the lawn writing because of that. It could have very well been a joke. Also, there has been nothing mentioned (there may be at a later date) about the people who live there.

2. The Ingram's DID own their home. They moved out and leased another home shortly, IIRC 6 weeks, after Morgan's death because they could not deal with the pain. I think that is where the confusion is occurring in regards to them leasing rather than owning. Their house sold shortly after and was a great loss. As they did own the home and not rent, the HOA would have no reason to have their keys.

Anyway, glad to be here and not lurking in the background any longer. I am already addicted and love to read all of your great theories. :)

:fireworks2: WELCOME!!!!!

I have so much empathy for Toni and Steve. To think that by honoring M's wishes (to be cremated) that this could be a hurdle to overcome if there is another investigation.

Also, to have gone thru 3 COD's (so far)...natural causes...then suicide...currently inconclusive. I don't know how they find the strength each day, but I know that Toni has posted that she feels that Morgan is helping.

SIGH. :heartbeat:

But to be very clear, we only have two official causes of death. The third was an opinion in a letter. (I'm always thinking with my stupid legal mind!!!)

Thanx ;) gotta have humor.

Ah, OK.

Have you read the blog? What are your thoughts about it?

ETA: CO is the only person I have ever known and it was out of state. I have never been to Carbondale/Aspen and don't know anyone involved, other than him. And, we were never close friends. More of a, had a class together, had mutual friends, etc.

That sure makes it easy to not name names! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966