CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are other ways to Homeschool a child other than at home. For example, some church's do it. Some retired teachers do it.

I have a friend that has 6 kids. She home schools all of them. She also did home births with most of them. Her oldest son was accepted into quite a few good colleges. Parents home school for MANY different reasons and most don't really have to do with Mental Issues in a kid.

I give a big hand clap for all the parents that home school their kids.
Personally, I loved shipping mine off to school for a break. LOL

Respectfully, this isn't about whether home schooling is good or bad; it is about sleuthing a case loaded with inconsistencies. Many here did not know that M got her GED, and was attending a community college for a while. She had taken dance lessons from an instructor before she passed away.

There are other ways to Homeschool a child other than at home. For example, some church's do it. Some retired teachers do it.

I have a friend that has 6 kids. She home schools all of them. She also did home births with most of them. Her oldest son was accepted into quite a few good colleges. Parents home school for MANY different reasons and most don't really have to do with Mental Issues in a kid.

I give a big hand clap for all the parents that home school their kids.
Personally, I loved shipping mine off to school for a break. LOL

I'm so glad you said this. Homeschooling is not for me personally, but some of the brightest most well adjusted kids (and young adults) that I know were/are homeschooled. Some of the families I know that home school also have kids take classes at local colleges or "study centers" once they reach high school. There are many different ways to home school and many different reasons for doing so.

Respectfully, this isn't about whether home schooling is good or bad; it is about sleuthing a case loaded with inconsistencies. Many here did not know that M got her GED, and was attending a community college for a while. She had taken dance lessons from an instructor before she passed away.

No, but the homeschooling has been brought up and it has been implied that it was due to "cognitive issues" or some similar reason. We don't know why Morgan was home schooled, but it could have been for many reasons, and not neccessarily because something was "wrong". I did not realize she had gotten a GED, so thank you for pointing that out.

I thought she had received her AA (a 2 yr degree), and was also thinking of transferring to a 4 yr school?

Morgan could have been a fan of Tinkerbell. my cousin, who was 22 was really into Tinkerbell.

No, but the homeschooling has been brought up and it has been implied that it was due to "cognitive issues" or some similar reason. We don't know why Morgan was home schooled, but it could have been for many reasons, and not neccessarily because something was "wrong". I did not realize she had gotten a GED, so thank you for pointing that out.

Oh I wasn't clear with my thoughts - I was thinking along the lines of maybe a group of kids bullying her or something like that and that was a reason for home schooling???

I remember reading on the "her life" part of the blog that Morgan had completed her associate's degree the spring before she passed away. She was planning on eventually tranfering to CU-Boulder, but after seeing friends and family members with 4 year degrees unable to find work, she decided to stay at home & CMC for another semester or year to take classes to become a certified yoga instructor before transfering to CU. I believe she was enrolled in online university courses during the semester she passed away as well (I seem to remember reading that on one of the daily blog entries about Morgan registering for school or something).

Just found the link: http://morganingram.com/life.html
"Morgan had completed 2 years of college with an AA degree from Colorado Mountain College. As she watched her older relatives and friends struggling to find work, despite their college degrees, Morgan was deciding to delay her transfer to CU Boulder and take a yoga teaching certification program, as a back up. She was then going to go on to complete her last 2 years of college, earn her Bachelor’s Degree, then take the LSAT’s to get into Law School. Morgan had mapped the path in her planning journal, right down to the GPA's and LSAT scores she would need."

Morgan could have been a fan of Tinkerbell. my cousin, who was 22 was really into Tinkerbell.

My husband and I are in our early 30s/late 20s and have no kids...we have a Minnie & Mickey Mouse themed guest bathroom and have been on vacations to Disney parks twice within the past year.
So I'm in no position to judge a 20 year-old having a Tinkerbell poster....

No threatening notes, e-mails, phone calls? no flowers? etc.

if there was a stalker someone would have seen him and he would have made himself known to Morgan.

it's weird how this alleged stalker only came out at night.

I'm leaning towards suicide. JMO.

Oh I wasn't clear with my thoughts - I was thinking along the lines of maybe a group of kids bullying her or something like that and that was a reason for home schooling???

Well, I don't know. You should post that in the question thread.

She went to college, so she had to pass all the basic stuff to get admitted in. Some high school/home schools/vo-tech/ and local colleges all work together to help teen students earn credits faster.

I thought she had received her AA (a 2 yr degree), and was also thinking of transferring to a 4 yr school?

Well in the coloradomountaincollege.com article by Gina Waller dated October 11, 2010 that I previously posted, she earned her High School GED. The ceremony itself took place at a college so that could lead to false assumptions. M was a speaker getting her GED.

M passed away December 2011. It is unlikely she could've earned her Associates Degree in about one year. It usually takes two.

She was not enrolled or accepted into a four year college or university at the time of her passing.

She was taking some ballet classes.

I remember reading on the "her life" part of the blog that Morgan had completed her associate's degree the spring before she passed away. She was planning on eventually tranfering to CU-Boulder, but after seeing friends and family members with 4 year degrees unable to find work, she decided to stay at home & CMC for another semester or year to take classes to become a certified yoga instructor before transfering to CU. I believe she was enrolled in online university courses during the semester she passed away as well (I seem to remember reading that on one of the daily blog entries about Morgan registering for school or something).

Just found the link: http://morganingram.com/life.html
"Morgan had completed 2 years of college with an AA degree from Colorado Mountain College. As she watched her older relatives and friends struggling to find work, despite their college degrees, Morgan was deciding to delay her transfer to CU Boulder and take a yoga teaching certification program, as a back up. She was then going to go on to complete her last 2 years of college, earn her Bachelor’s Degree, then take the LSAT’s to get into Law School. Morgan had mapped the path in her planning journal, right down to the GPA's and LSAT scores she would need."

See this is what worries me: M "completed her Associates Degree the spring before she passed away" per Mom (see bolded above). So Mom is saying that M got her Associates in Spring 2011. She had just received her High School GED in October 2010 per the coloradomountaincollege article.

So it took her one semester to earn her Associates Degree? I'm not bashing M at all, just always noticing little inconsistencies and little things that seem "off" and when added in toto = something's not right here.

Don't make me look at that thing again, lol!

I'll go back and find the link to put in the info and bring it over for any curious. BRB.

Here it is, I used number 4 (scroll down, not the ones on the top of the page) the first option. Then a screen will come up asking for the state and time period. Then another screen with a link to the pdf requested. Just play around with the options, including top of the page options, be sure that you are using the free ones, until you find what you need.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/most-popular-data#lcdus

ETA: Here is annual, can't see how detailed it is:

http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/orders/IPS-347CEE7B-7181-4ED7-86DE-625B7B3B77A3.pdf

LOL!

OK, in November, on the 2nd, there was 1 inch of snow, but apparently it was gone by the next day, as the next day shows no data available, as do the rest of the days for that month. (According to the legend, a dash means no data available or not received in time, and a blank means none.) http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/orders/IPS-000DF49A-AB3D-40DB-8AB5-C763CB1B9F56.pdf Page 27

In October there was no snowfall at all. Page 27.

http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/orders/IPS-E4D58984-9D0B-4AEF-BDDA-472775576EE5.pdf

See this is what worries me: M "completed her Associates Degree the spring before she passed away" per Mom (see bolded above). So Mom is saying that M got her Associates in Spring 2011. She had just received her High School GED in October 2010 per the coloradomountaincollege article.

So it took her one semester to earn her Associates Degree? I'm not bashing M at all, just always noticing little inconsistencies and little things that seem "off" and when added in toto = something's not right here.

She could have taken high school classes for college credit. I had a good number of credits transfer. My husband had enough that he got his 4 year degree a semester early.

Obviously I don't know if that is the case here, but throwing it out as a possibility.

She could have taken high school classes for college credit. I had a good number of credits transfer. My husband had enough that he got his 4 year degree a semester early.

Obviously I don't know if that is the case here, but throwing it out as a possibility.

BBM: Is that possible to take high school classes if you don't attend a high school and you are home-schooled so that you can get college credits?

LOL!

OK, in November, on the 2nd, there was 1 inch of snow, but apparently it was gone by the next day, as the next day shows no data available, as do the rest of the days for that month. (According to the legend, a dash means no data available or not received in time, and a blank means none.) http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/orders/IPS-000DF49A-AB3D-40DB-8AB5-C763CB1B9F56.pdf Page 27

In October there was no snowfall at all. Page 27.

http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/orders/IPS-E4D58984-9D0B-4AEF-BDDA-472775576EE5.pdf

Dang, I was just adding them to my previous post. I still can't read them though. I didn't try to enlarge either, being lazy.

Thanks!

BBM: Is that possible to take high school classes if you don't attend a high school and you are home-schooled so that you can get college credits?

I think it is possible

I also know that I was personally able to take college classes while I was a highschool student. I took psyche, sociology, and tested out of all college english before I even started college... this was not related to my high school at all. Perhaps she was doing classes like this toward her AD?

Well in the coloradomountaincollege.com article by Gina Waller dated October 11, 2010 that I previously posted, she earned her High School GED. The ceremony itself took place at a college so that could lead to false assumptions. M was a speaker getting her GED.

M passed away December 2011. It is unlikely she could've earned her Associates Degree in about one year. It usually takes two.

She was not enrolled or accepted into a four year college or university at the time of her passing.

She was taking some ballet classes.

Unless she was working in connection with multiple schools to earn credits, plus taking online classes. Most colleges let students (even high schoolers) take college classes. Some high schoolers even go during the summer time.

IMO...a GED is not a bad thing. Doesn't mean one thing or another if you have one, other than you were a smart cookie for finishing.

I don't know about Colorado and I don't know how the GED part factors in, but I do know people who have taken high school classes at a study center as part of their homeschooling and had those count as college credit. They are considered "duel enrollment" classes and I believe there has to be an association with a college, community or otherwise, to count as college credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip