CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is total speculation, but what is one thing a person would want bad enough to discount and ignore or minimalize a friend's objection? Drugs.

Not sure, of course. o_O

I'm still really not clear if she went there before or after dropping off the new bf. It really doesn't sound like she took him home after going there. TI says something about that house only being 10mins away. I got the impression she dropped the new bf off and then went there. Maybe we should ask for clarification. . .or somebody can set me straight.

Also. . .I think this idea that the stalker would have had to be a stealth ninja to bypass the cameras just isn't true. If he was wearing night vision goggles, he would SEE the motion detectors and the cameras, because they work on infrared light. . .exactly what the NVGs are made to see! It would be a glowing light beam coming off of them and then a big flash when the camera goes off.

The first surveillance cameras used an incandescent flash, which often spooked animals it photographed. An infrared illuminator and night vision flash mounted camera eliminates this completely, as wildlife do not even realize they are being photographed after dark. A night vision surveillance camera consists of a motion detector, infrared illuminator, and infrared flash connected to a digital camera. The motion detector picks up movement and the optics equipped with an image intensifier and infrared illuminator captures the photo of wildlife as it passes by.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/Outdoors/Subject/SubjectRead.aspx?sid=0&aid=166380&type=A

As far as NVG being expensive, Google Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition. There are a ton of Youtube videos reviewing them for Airsoft players.

This stalker didn't have to be a stealth ninja. .. just some dude that plays video games and maybe Airsoft. :banghead:

I was only just trying to make a point that it's no less possible than a 007 caliber stalker who manages to get close enough to the house to tap on windows without being caught on video. Who manages to enter their home undetected on one or more occasions, even with dogs and other people in the home. Who manages to evade police through 50+ visits. Who manages to avoid detection by the dad or any neighbors. Who manages to be, on rare occasions, seen but not truly "seen" (by Morgan when she took the dog out, by Toni on the porch, the one time we know of on the wildlife cam, by Morgan again when followed in her car - but not once was his face seen so far, though Toni has said there is more to come in this regard.) Who runs like the wind. Who somehow knows everything they talk about, forcing them to resort to texting inside the home. Who has access to either a high powered rifle scope or night vision goggles (red dot). Who knows what kind of prescription meds Morgan has taken in the past in order to murder her using the same drugs.

I tend to be in the Occam's Razor camp. The simplest explanation, for me thus far (as always, subject to change as Toni releases more info), is one that I can't propose because it's against TOS. The second simplest explanation is that either there was no stalker, or there were some occurrences in the early days that then went away, yet the family kept it going through their fear and paranoia.

Please don't misunderstand - I want very much to believe Toni and help her get to the bottom of Morgan's death. I can't imagine what they're going through. But at this point in time, with what we've been given, I'm just not quite there yet.

I couldn't agree more.

Morgan was busy, had plans, had goals, was an achiever.

But, with all due respect to the family, everything we think we know about Morgan has come from only one source. We have nothing from any other source, that I'm aware of, that corroborates what Morgan was like. We have her short blog, which some have noted to be provocative (her use of the word "Hedonistic" and references to licking and beating off [context subject to interpretation]). No facebook page or interviews with friends or relatives, or any of the other usual resources we use to get a sense of a victim's personality, activities, etc.

And, to be fair, I was all of those things as a teen - studious, goal oriented, good kid all around. But I still snuck my boyfriend over when my parents weren't home until the neighbor ratted me out to mom, lol.

Morgans parents seem pretty darn cool.

I think if she wanted to have a guy over she would have told them.....can x come over and watch a movie, we're fine mom go to bed.

I let my daughter have guys (and girls) over all the time to watch a movie. The sneaking in of boys was not to watch a movie. <ugh>

But, with all due respect to the family, everything we think we know about Morgan has come from only one source. We have nothing from any other source, that I'm aware of, that corroborates what Morgan was like. We have her short blog, which some have noted to be provocative (her use of the word "Hedonistic" and references to licking and beating off [context subject to interpretation]). No facebook page or interviews with friends or relatives, or any of the other usual resources we use to get a sense of a victim's personality, activities, etc.

And, to be fair, I was all of those things as a teen - studious, goal oriented, good kid all around. But I still snuck my boyfriend over when my parents weren't home until the neighbor ratted me out to mom, lol.

I also wonder why her FB was taken down, but not her blog. Her FB could have told us a lot about who she was, how she interacted with her peers, and if someone was taking an unusual interest. It would have been a goldmine of information.

I let my daughter have guys (and girls) over all the time to watch a movie. The sneaking in of boys was not to watch a movie. <ugh>

Same here. Harlots of the world unite!

ETA: Sorry, not calling your daughter a harlot... Just myself! <3

That had me confused a bit too, as mom mentioned before the post last night that M had decided to text when she heard something so the peeper wouldn't hear her call out and they could record the time. This was way back in the beginning, so I assumed all along that she had been texting from that point on. I don't understand why she wouldn't want the panic button, tho.

She said that she was too wound up after using it and her parents running in etc. the first night that she couldnt sleep and to avoid that, they decided she would text when there was tapping/rocks, etc. and use the panic button in an emergency.

Anyone else here follow the Linnea Lomax case? I definitely see certain parallels between the two cases, but I don't want to get too detailed in case it's a violation of TOS.

Very true, but I have no reason to doubt her accomplishments. Do I think Toni is going to document all the bad moments between her and Morgan? No, I don't. But a lot of what Toni writes about that Morgan did or was doing can probably be documented.

I just don't see Morgan sneaking guys over once this stalking started. It would not be smart because on one hand her parents are doing everything they can think of to protect her and then Morgan would be sneaking around behind there back within their own home at the same time? I'm just not feelin' it. Could be, I just can't see it.

Thanks, Confusion. :) But I was joking about there potentially being cached files of any *potentially* deleted comments.

Quite a coincidence that the blogs last entry was in August '11. And interesting there are no comments. Alas, we can only speculate as to why that is.

Way behind here ~ oh, I see. Today I get the meaning behind this post. Did M's blog ever receive any comments at all? Good question.
I assumed she didn't garner any comments yet. Other bloggers have commented that it takes time to get discovered so-to-speak so
I didn't think much about it. Yours is a good point though.

Yes but if someone goes to bed the movie may not even get watched.

How old is your daughter......lol?

While I do not believe all of this was the work of a stalker, if there WAS a stalker doing all of this for weeks then they would certainly being enjoying the daily blog!

The blog is practically a tribute to a wiles and cunning of a stalking mastermind! It is not particularly helpful for getting others to investigate the case, since all of the facts are spread hear and there, and many are added in after someone asks questions, but for a stalker it would be priceless.

Yes but if someone goes to bed the movie may not even get watched.

How old is your daughter......lol?

LOL - she is 17 now but this started when she was quite young - the past 5 years of this sort of thing. Girl's going to give mama a coronary.

ETA: Also, I NEVER would go sleep when she had guests over, unless it was a girlfriend that was sleeping over, obviously.

That blog is a tribute to a daughter who died way too young and was terrorized for months.

LOL - she is 17 now but this started when she was quite young - the past 5 years of this sort of thing. Girl's going to give mama a coronary.

ETA: Also, I NEVER would go sleep when she had guests over, unless it was a girlfriend that was sleeping over, obviously.

Well hang in there!

My sister and I gave my parents quite a time and we both turned out just fine....lol.

But I completely understand what you are saying.

A stalker wouldn't see it that way, they would enjoy reliving every moment of it.

I'm sure he does enjoy it.

But I'm sure he won't enjoy the looks and sneers he gets either.

I would want the world to know what a freak he is too.

Every day I feel something new about this case. Today I'm Fox Mulder. "I want to believe."

But I'm struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member