CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand not having an alarm system. I can possibly understand the I's not thinking of it right away, but I can't understand how many LE officers were out there, and then the detective meeting, and not one of them suggested getting an alarm system? Especially after the latest post where the detective looked over all the systems they had in place and even mentioned getting compensation on the expenses. ??

I've been working on one of my "novella" posts, which give my thoughts on answers to a bunch of questions. Not long, in-depth answers, but a condensed version of all of the possibilities I've thought of. In the meantime, I wanted to comment on some things that don't really fit in with the questions I'm working on.

I don't really think that the family's suspects are responsible for most of the things that happened. Obviously, he must have followed her at one point if she saw him, but it could have been for a completely different reason (not necessarily innocent, but different anyway.) Some of the things I think may have led to them becoming suspects are:

She and M didn't seem to like each other
He sounds like he may have had some attraction to M
M got a bad feeling about him when they met
They're young and seem like they may be a bit mischievous (or worse) at times
The connection with her family to the keys and the horse ranch.
The social media sites where they, and their friends, commented a lot about drinking/getting high
Living close by
He hunts and may have night scope (or goggles?)

I think someone else may have taken advantage of these things, and used them to put suspicion on the couple and off the actually 'stalker'. I was thinking about how the whole thing could have started, and I'm wondering if it may not have been innocent in the beginning. M had just gotten home shortly before the tapping on the window happened the first few times (she didn't tell them about it originally, but told them after a few times and that it was always within about 15 minutes of getting home.) It's possible that in the beginning it was just somebody tapping on the window to get her attention so she'd come to the window and talk.

During one of these times, the stalker may have 'accidentally' seen her undress, and developed a desire/need to see more. That would account for changing to bathroom windows, climbing higher to get a look in the uncovered top windows, etc. There was also the knowledge that the couple often had drugs and paraphernalia in the home, and she would probably refuse to allow LE in without a warrent if they went there to try to catch him after an incident. This would give the real stalker time to get away in a different direction undetected.

If it was a friend or friend of a friend, the person would most likely be well aware of when M was going home, and also (since they did seem to have a lot of mutual friends) would know when K wouldn't be around to be blamed for things.

This is already getting way too long, so I'll end now and maybe contin ue later. The main point I was going to eventually get to here is that everybody seems to think the stalker (if one existed, which I believe did) was either a male who had an attraction or anger toward her, or it was a female who was jealous/angry, or a combination. I was wondering if it could have been a female who had an attraction, and maybe hadn't "come out" yet in her teens or early 20s.

I have been thinking about the "creepy" (It's not creepy to me, just someone in motion, but ya' know) deer cam picture.

The comments were that a neighbor was shown this. Said neighbor said everyone has a t-shirt like that, I guess trying to calm mom down and get her to think logically. He even went to get his own, brought it back and showed it to her.

Anyone think he was the one in the photo, just backed off from the hype, and left it at that?

ETA: Not implying he was the stalker btw, just saying he was out there to see what was going on.

New blog post:

http://morganingram.com/wordpress/?p=1346

Day 54 - we meet our detective

ok so today she posted they met with the detective and laid out an array of paper.....ok, were those police reports? what paper? would be interesting to find out.

as I posted before, I don't think there is any other eveidence that is going to be shown - such as videos, journals, etc. I think nothing was ever caught on the videos - why we won't see any. Her facebook would be very beneficial.....would be telling of her moods, any new friends, etc. There must have been some reason that was taken down and not the blog?? Did they know about the blog?

this is so frustrating but I am not sure ws can help at this point.....there is really nothing concrete to go on.

I wonder if at any point in time the family thought of hiring a private investigator? Not sure if that is the right person to use, but a thought....

I still don't understand not having an alarm system. I can possibly understand the I's not thinking of it right away, but I can't understand how many LE officers were out there, and then the detective meeting, and not one of them suggested getting an alarm system? Especially after the latest post where the detective looked over all the systems they had in place and even mentioned getting compensation on the expenses. ??

Two things that boggle my mind - Open windows (knowing there was a stalker lurking outside in the dark!) and no alarm system. When I was "convinced" I had someone in my yard, the first thing I did was run around and shut all open windows (after checking on my sleeping daughter) and the second thing I did was set my alarm! And my open windows were on the 2nd floor, while their house was a single story.

Just the idea that they had to resort to texting because they speculated that he was listening to them through the open windows, and then continuing to leave those windows open, totally gives me the heebie-jeebies!

ok so today she posted they met with the detective and laid out an array of paper.....ok, were those police reports? what paper? would be interesting to find out.

as I posted before, I don't think there is any other eveidence that is going to be shown - such as videos, journals, etc. I think nothing was ever caught on the videos - why we won't see any. Her facebook would be very beneficial.....would be telling of her moods, any new friends, etc. There must have been some reason that was taken down and not the blog?? Did they know about the blog?

this is so frustrating but I am not sure ws can help at this point.....there is really nothing concrete to go on.

The blog is linked from the families website, so it seems that they know about it:

http://morganingram.com/mj.html. - it's the link that says "Morgan's summer blog"

Two things that boggle my mind - Open windows (knowing there was a stalker lurking outside in the dark!) and no alarm system. When I was "convinced" I had someone in my yard, the first thing I did was run around and shut all open windows and the second thing I did was set my alarm! And my open windows were on the 2nd floor, while their house was a single story.

Just the idea that they had to resort to texting because they speculated that he was listening to them through the open windows, and then continuing to leave those windows open, totally gives me the heebie-jeebies!

And third - arm yourself.

This get harder to understand as each day goes by. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true. Third step was pepper spray and two telephones, and knowing that my husband's gun was in the safe was at the forefront of my over-stimulated brain! Those racoons didn't stand a chance!

I wonder if at any point in time the family thought of hiring a private investigator? Not sure if that is the right person to use, but a thought....

I thought of that too. Either one to follow Morgan and see what he thought, or one to follow their suspect once they were pretty zeroed in on one.

I have been thinking about the "creepy" (It's not creepy to me, just someone in motion, but ya' know) deer cam picture.

The comments were that a neighbor was shown this. Said neighbor said everyone has a t-shirt like that, I guess trying to calm mom down and get her to think logically. He even went to get his own, brought it back and showed it to her.

Anyone think he was the one in the photo, just backed off from the hype, and left it at that?

ETA: Not implying he was the stalker btw, just saying he was out there to see what was going on.

The neighbor also said there are three people in this neighborhood with that body type...........and named them.

I don't think it was him. But I do think he was feeding info in a roundabout way to him.

It's not clear from the comment whether Morgan told her mom this, or whether all of this info is coming from Morgan's ex-boyfriend. Note the comment begins with "I know from speaking with the old boyfriend..."

And if she had told her mom, why wouldn't this have been included in Mom's narrative of events in the blog? (2 weeks earlier, when Mom was recording all weird signs and encounters that Morgan had, related to the stalking?)

I'll have to go back tomorrow and read the post again. I may have misread or missed that the ex told TI that M thought she had been drugged. Why would M tell her ex that and why would he tell TI? I'm confused but it's time for me to shut down as the old brain is spent for today.

The ex wants TI to know that Morgan told him that she thinks someone he hangs out with, and she too I guess, might have drugged her two weeks before she died? What did ex think of this? No, TI said that M told her she wasn't comfortable at that house because when she spent time there (which happened to be two weeks prior to her death) she felt ill afterwards. She may have told her mom that the very next day or a week later. Like I said, I'll read it again tomorrow.

Per TI's comments of Sept. 23, 2012

Info told to TI by Morgan's unidentified friend and her ex bf ~
M stopped by a house where her friend was hanging out as well as her ex bf. M stayed only 10-15 mins. "and stood outside MOST OF the time with the friend". The BF never went outside while M was there.
M told her friend that D told her that he liked her a lot, this made M happy
M was asked if she wanted to hang out but she declined saying "she was tired and NOT FEELING GREAT" so she wanted to go home and go to sleep.

Info from TI ~
<modsnip>
ex returned to CO on November 16th
M arrived home a few minutes after 9:00PM.
TI explains that M did not like the house her friend's were at due to that when she hung out there before, the next day or two she became ill and questioned if she had been slipped something. TI offers this info but doesn't specifically say that M told her this but that's how it sounds to me. This happened about two weeks before M's death.

I'm adding that two weeks before M's death would have coincided with ex bf returning from Australia. It may have been his coming home party but that's speculation on my part. The timing is right though.

<modsnip>.

BBM

That would have been the worst thing I could have done. I'd never be able to just kill someone, which would mean I'd most likely just be giving the person a weapon to use on me. I've never liked guns, mainly because the noise really bothers me, so it would really be stupid for me to arm myself with a gun - my father tried teaching me to shoot when I was young, and finally said he had to give up before I ended up shooting my foot off. Every time I shot, I'd close my eyes, and my arms would drop some. One of the shots ended up hitting the ground less than 10 feet in front of me, even though the "target" was about 100 feet away. Somehow, I don't see too many people getting scared off if I armed myself with poison or a rope, etc. :waitasec:

Killing another person isn't always everybody's first choice when defending themselves, and you should never try to protect yourself with a weapon unless you are prepared to do it by immediately killing them. MOO

With much respect, i don't know how we can say that LE failed to dust for prints, etc., because the coroner deemed the death natural causes. The investigation begins when they find the body, long before the coroner issues a report.
And as is the usual disclaimer for this case thus far.. In going off of what mom has stated she states that there were never any finger prints taken or evidence collected after Morgan's death..not even the bed linens that Morgan's body was found in that morning..and imo that just does not jive with initially treating all deaths as a homicide and following where the evidence leads them..

As is also the usual we have issues on all fronts that do not correlate or jive coming from both sides(as in family vs LE)..many of those issues vary from each persons opinion following the case..but for certain there imo appear to be these type issues coming from both sides to some degree..

From what I understand thus far any evidence that was collected regarding the actual death of Morgan vs. The stalking case..as far as the death I understand that the phone, computer, ipod, and camera were taken briefly(she was told the content of each was copied/saved) and then immediately returned to the family. She did clarify to Tricia in the interview that none of those items listed above were ever forensically tested and of course Tricia reiterated how very important that type information would be and mom said she had sought out independent companies that could forensically test those items but her main concern with that(as it is with ALL OF THE EVIDENCE theyve saved that LE has refused to take custody of)..moms main concern is the chain of custody WRT any piece of evidence(as we all know chain of custody is everything in ever standing a chance of one day being entered into a criminal trial)..

All jmo.

And as is the usual disclaimer for this case thus far.. In going off of what mom has stated she states that there were never any finger prints taken or evidence collected after Morgan's death..not even the bed linens that Morgan's body was found in that morning..and imo that just does not jive with initially treating all deaths as a homicide and following where the evidence leads them..

As is also the usual we have issues on all fronts that do not correlate or jive coming from both sides(as in family vs LE)..many of those issues vary from each persons opinion following the case..but for certain there imo appear to be these type issues coming from both sides to some degree..

From what I understand thus far any evidence that was collected regarding the actual death of Morgan vs. The stalking case..as far as the death I understand that the phone, computer, ipod, and camera were taken briefly(she was told the content of each was copied/saved) and then immediately returned to the family. She did clarify to Tricia in the interview that none of those items listed above were ever forensically tested and of course Tricia reiterated how very important that type information would be and mom said she had sought out independent companies that could forensically test those items but her main concern with that(as it is with ALL OF THE EVIDENCE theyve saved that LE has refused to take custody of)..moms main concern is the chain of custody WRT any piece of evidence(as we all know chain of custody is everything in ever standing a chance of one day being entered into a criminal trial)..

All jmo.
we also do not have a police report to look at to see what they did and did not do that day.

I personally want to see their reports before I make an opinion on what was and was not done.

:moo:

I have lived in some areas where NO ONE but businesses have alarms. The service is available, I suppose, but just the concept of getting an alarm put in seems foreign to people. Is this one of those places?

Why would m sneak boys in? Just wondering bc she stayed the nights with friends quite often. Uh, that's where I would hook up with boys. Not at a house with my paranoid parents lurking. JMO

Most motion lights can be set in sensitivity. Most of the time there is a small compartment that opens up and let's you set things. It takes a little practice to get it how you want it. The ones around our front of the house go off with something the size of a car. They are turned way down. Our shed light goes off for anything bigger than a German shepherd. Some of the more advances ones lets you set the length of time the light stays on.

Lots of people don't believe in guns. (I do) but the Ingrams may not. Really, what could they have done any different with a gun? Shoot at random noises and lights? What if they did actually shoot the stalker one night while he was running away. Yeah, the parents would have went to jail.

Another thing.....the two weeks before she died and she thought she was poisoned at somebody's house.........there is a picture of m taken 2 weeks before she died. I hate to say it....but m looks sick in that picture. Actually, she really doesn't even look like the same girl.

Jmo

Two things that boggle my mind - Open windows (knowing there was a stalker lurking outside in the dark!) and no alarm system. When I was "convinced" I had someone in my yard, the first thing I did was run around and shut all open windows (after checking on my sleeping daughter) and the second thing I did was set my alarm! And my open windows were on the 2nd floor, while their house was a single story.

This was a one story house? Ohhh! I always thought her bedroom windows were on the second story for some reason!

And the business of talking with the windows open while thinking the stalker can hear them is odd, but then again when they would run around the yard looking for him they would also have to "run inside into a closed room" to talk so he couldn't hear. Guess they never considered whispering.

I have lived in some areas where NO ONE but businesses have alarms. The service is available, I suppose, but just the concept of getting an alarm put in seems foreign to people. Is this one of those places?

I've owned 5 homes, and rented at least 25 others in addition to places I lived with family when I was younger. Out of all of those places, ONE had an alarm system, and I usually had it turned off for our most used doors when we were home because I got tired of it going off every time my son let the dog out and forgot to put the code in. I never would have installed the system if it hadn't been there when I bought the house.

I don't think it is a foreign concept that teens might sneak in their BF/GF under their parents noses...but I do think they wouldn't go so far as to let their folks call LE and then sit down with a detective and give an interview about being stalked when they know it is all a hoax...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg