CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree an alarm system. They can be costly, and they were renting.

They had cameras up, but I would guess in a way that would not damage the property. They had lights. And, we have a story of a stalker that went from throwing rocks to murder in a short 4 months. I think they were doing pretty good with cams and lights.

I own a rental property. If my renters called me up and requested permission to add a security alarm (upgrading my property at their expense, no less) because of a safety concern, I'd ok it in a heartbeat. I can't imagine that a security alarm would be cost prohibitive when compared to all of the various systems they had in place, cameras, motion lights, etc.

I would think it would cost under $1k to install, and one doesn't need a monitoring contract (which run ~ $25-$50/month), just having a localized alarm that alerts you to an intruder would have been helpful and served as a deterrent. We have monitoring of our fire and the security alarms, and it's under $350/year.

I'm also truly shocked that the police didn't suggest this (assuming they didn't, but perhaps they did. We don't know.)

You can get alarms installed for cheap...with a year contract. Usually less than 199

we also do not have a police report to look at to see what they did and did not do that day.

I personally want to see their reports before I make an opinion on what was and was not done.

:moo:

Ahhhhhh yes, wouldnt we all love to see the police reports and even as Tricia pointed out to mom she, too can even get copies of all detectives notes made about the case..hopefully she will or even possibly already has found an atty who would actually be the one who could assist the family in their gaining access to and copies of all of these many reports, notes, and other docs relating to any incidents surrounding the case.so, its quite possible that there will be a point where we are able to view these docs as well..

Until then and for now with what we do have to go on, a blog in mom's words is what any opinion I've formed is in knowing full well exactly what this opinion is based upon.. and that as always can and will change somewhat or even a whole heckuva lot dependant upon new info that comes to light, other sides of the case coming to light, and of course docs and other hard evidence that we may eventually have access to..

I respect those who reserve posting their opinion until the day comes in which we have access to the complete and whole story from all sides involved(and hopefully that time will in fact come)..just as well do I respect those of us who are sharing and posting our opinions that have been formed thus far with the only source of info that we have access to thus far, mom's.. Imo I believe either way that it appears as tho most understand that there is info at this time not available us and that if/when that info is made available to us that it very would could alter some/many/all of our opinions we have thus far expressed and shared in posting about them..

All in all as usual jmo, tho...

They had cameras up, but I would guess in a way that would not damage the property. They had lights. And, we have a story of a stalker that went from throwing rocks to murder in a short 4 months. I think they were doing pretty good with cams and lights.

A friend pointed out that most of what the parents did was DEFENSIVE-i.e, cams, videos, panic buttons, etc. My friend said if it was her daughter, she would go on the OFFENSE, as in-shouting out: "I have a 9mm and if you so much as breathe near my daughter's window, I'll shoot you!" Even if you don't have a gun. Or you use a BB gun. Or you get a huge barking dog. Or you install an EXPENSIVE alarm, b/c after all, you are PROTECTING YOUR DAUGHTER! My friend who think immediately of protecting daughter in any way possible, even confronting the alleged stalker face to face. What the heck would we all do to save our daughter from a serial stalker?

I've already shared a small part of my history, and I obviously didn't consider it when my own life was in jeopardy, although I didn't have any kids yet during the experience I wrote about. Alarm systems in your house, to my mind, are NOT for stopping true criminals; they're just for helping to keep honest people honest.

I would much rather have something installed to prevent a break in than to have something that would put me in panic mode once one happened. I'm sure that during your stalkings, you did a lot of things differently than I did during mine. I promise that if you don't judge me for my actions, or lack thereof, I won't judge you for yours. :twocents:

I was talking about the Ingrams - I have no idea what your situation was nor do I have any desire or intention of judging you. I've never been stalked, and while several here have posted personal stalking experiences, I haven't kept track of who that is. I didn't remember that you posted an experience as well, so please don't take my post personally - that's not how I intended it.

I just can't imagine that someone being stalked in this day and age wouldn't immediately install an alarm system. But I may be biased based on geography - perhaps alarms are just more common where I live.

I think an alarm would have prevented the stalker from entering the home undetected, and may have saved Morgan's life. He would have had to come in through a door or window, and as soon as that happened he would have triggered the alarm.

I think security alarms can be very effective when the goal is simply keeping unwanted people out.

Wonder why they just didnt take turns standing by her window a few nights and as soon as it started look out to see him? Get some friends to camp out in the yard somewhere and watch the windows. Then nail his butt when he gets to the window.

That said, I am not saying the Ingrams did not want to protect their daughter. It just simply confuses me, the whole day to day decisions.
I respect those who come to no conclusion until solid evidence is revealed. I do. I guess I just get so frustrated by the inconsistencies and curious responses/actions/non-actions/behaviors of the Ingrams.

You can get alarms installed for cheap...with a year contract. Usually less than 199

I think it depends on the brand and the features. I have no idea what mine cost because I wasn't the one who installed it, but it had detectors for 16 windows (unless I'm forgetting some) and 4 doors. It could be set up to have any deactivated, and you could program them all to have the same code, or you could change the code on one or more if you wanted to. We had it set up so all windows except those in my son's room were the same code (he did like to open his a lot at night because he never could handle heat. I had the code for 2 doors, and my son had the code for 2. That way we could each have a code we'd remember, and we'd just use "our doors" if going in or out when the system was set. It also had the fire detection/reporting and a panic button for emergency medical assistance. I do think it probably cost a bit more than $199, but who knows.

Geez, annoyed I said this wrong before.

Correction:

Evening of Dec 1st, M stopped by the house her friend and ex-bf were hanging out at on her way home.

She was only there for about 10 – 15 minutes and stood outside most of the time with the friend, not ex-bf who stayed inside the house.

She left that house and drove home (which was about a 10 minute drive from there).

She arrived home a few minutes after 9:00 pm.

2 weeks earlier she became very ill for about 24 – 48 hours after being there and she thought someone had somehow given her something.

//posted for clarity//

I know, I endured stalking, but more was going on than what we are reading about here. I was an adult and far from home though, so if I were young, I have no idea. My imagination when young could not be controlled by logic, so it would have magnified things, but that was me.

It is a mindf***. You do not sleep. Every noise makes you jump. Even tried tylenol p.m. but it only made me feel sick, not sleepy. Scared even in daylight. What a mess it was.

And rightfully so.
I have a brother who is twelve years younger than I am. He's had a best friend his whole life who I know from seeing over at my P's house, etc. His sister, two years older than bro and friend, was stalked by her ex bf - so the stalker's identity was known. There is so much story you wouldn't believe about everything she went through and how the laws to protect her were and probably still are so weak. Her home was vandalized inside and out with red paint everywhere, ruined everything. Just when it couldn't get any worse everything quieted down. The family breathed a sigh of relief and she even had her niece and nephew over a few times. Then, she was gunned down in the parking lot while leaving her office one evening. He turned the gun on himself too.
I must say, hers was the saddest funeral I've ever attended. Hundreds of people were there.

Through knowledge of the above story, although not experienced first hand, the horrors of stalking victims are clear to me.

concernedmother, did they catch the creep that was slinking around your daughters home?..or did they successfully let him know it would not end well for him shoud he choose to continue..therefor his seeming to have been scared off?

just wondering and wanted to make sure everything was ok for your daughter and grandkids..:hug:

*my apologies if i missed where youd already mentioned what happened..

That said, I am not saying the Ingrams did not want to protect their daughter. It just simply confuses me, the whole day to day decisions.
I respect those who come to no conclusion until solid evidence is revealed. I do. I guess I just get so frustrated by the inconsistencies and curious responses/actions/non-actions/behaviors of the Ingrams.

I'm assuming the Ingrams were depending on LE to wrap it up quickly for them. Yea, probably a little naive.

When my daughter car was broken into, I expected the same thing. Especially when she found out they spent over 1000 dollars at 4 different speedways at 5 am that morning. She told the cop assigned to her case that speedway had the video but couldn't release it to her, but they could to LE. The cop told her.....hey, you shouldn't worry about it. Just dispute the charges with your credit card"

That was it. Yes, she did eventually get all her money back but still, there was video on who used it.

Jmo

I was talking about the Ingrams - I have no idea what your situation was nor do I have any desire or intention of judging you. I've never been stalked, and while several here have posted personal stalking experiences, I haven't kept track of who that is. I didn't remember that you posted an experience as well, so please don't take my post personally - that's not how I intended it.

I just can't imagine that someone being stalked in this day and age wouldn't immediately install an alarm system. But I may be biased based on geography - perhaps alarms are just more common where I live.

I think an alarm would have prevented the stalker from entering the home undetected, and may have saved Morgan's life. He would have had to come in through a door or window, and as soon as that happened he would have triggered the alarm.

I think security alarms can be very effective when the goal is simply keeping unwanted people out.

You didn't ask me what the Ingrams would do, although it's obvious that they wouldn't install an inside alarm system, you asked if I wouldn't do it even I had been terrorized for 4 months of stalking and feared for my life. I've posted on here about 2 of the longer term stalkers I've had (one was only for about a year before I moved, and the other was for over 4 years. I never had an alarm during any of that time.) The Ingrams did have alarms for their house. They had motion detecters, with alarms, all around the house. Why does everyone seem to think it would be so much safer to forget about scaring them off with an alarm going off as they neared the house and just have one that goes off as they enter it? The alarms they had did nothing to keep the person/people away, but did alert the family so they could try to stop them themselves. MOO

concernedmother, did they catch the creep that was slinking around your daughters home?..or did they successfully let him know it would not end well for him shoud he choose to continue..therefor his seeming to have been scared off?

just wondering and wanted to make sure everything was ok for your daughter and grandkids..:hug:

*my apologies if i missed where youd already mentioned what happened..

She hasnt seen him again but she had her friend and my son and daughter and SIL there over the weekend helping taking care of mom while I went to Joyce Meyer Convention. Hopefully he wandered off somewhere else. Maybe he was looking for something to steal. Dont know what he was up too. Im anxious to see if he comes back now that no one is there but her and the kids.

Geez, annoyed I said this wrong before.

Correction:

Evening of Dec 1st, M stopped by the house her friend and ex-bf were hanging out at on her way home.

She was only there for about 10 – 15 minutes and stood outside most of the time with the friend, not ex-bf who stayed inside the house.

She left that house and drove home (which was about a 10 minute drive from there).

She arrived home a few minutes after 9:00 pm.

2 weeks earlier she became very ill for about 24 – 48 hours after being there and she thought someone had somehow given her something.

//posted for clarity//

where did this originate? did the mom say Morgan told her?

BBM: I don't think Morgan had the typical kind of stalker like some members here had. I really don't. I see it as possibly being that girl that was mad at her and deciding to torment her and probably along with some friends. Most stalkers are obsessed with the person - I think Morgan's stalker was obsessed with hating her and making her pay. I don't believe, like the normal stalker, there was any type of attraction to Morgan. It seemed like Mean Girls gone mad to me.

ITA that this was not a fatal attraction kind of stalking but a mean prank that caused greater emotional distress than even her tormentors probably imagined.

I do think it probably originated with girls who were jealous of Morgan for whatever reason (usually a boy) but I also think at some point the help of male friends was enlisted.

I just think that the tormentors quit doing their thing once the parents began calling police, installing cameras and lights, etc. but by that time the family was on edge and jumping at shadows.

I also do not think the "stalking" extended to murdering Morgan.

http://morganingram.com/wordpress/?p=1317#comments
Found it interesting the last stop Morgan made on the way home and that she had gotten sick there previously. TI may possibly have the wrong person if a crime was committed.

True but we don't know who all hung out at that house. It could be that there's cross relationships involved.
It seems the ex bf is or could be the link between them though.

This info, if it can be proven to be true, thickens the plot imo.

The stalker went from throwing rocks to punching keypads to murder. That's what I don't get. Honestly, if I had actually heard someone punching the keypad it would immediately enter my mind that this person had every intention of getting into the home at some point. And I don't think the Ingram's are dripping in money, but I know I'm nowhere close to dripping in money (boy do I wish, lol) but at that point I'd have borrowed money or sold my car to get an alarm system. Once asleep I wouldn't count on lights turning on and off to wake me up - but an alarm system would. Even if the person got in, they'd have 3 people and 2 dogs who would be awake to contend with.

Sorry, I can't figure out this quoting system. Last comment I made it quoted what I wanted and the quote of the person that quoted them (which I wasn't trying to include) so this time I thought it would do the same, but it didn't, so half of what I wanted quoted is missing - but the point is still the same so. . .again, I'm confused, lol.

M looked bad in that last pic. Sick. I think the mystery of her death lies in the last couple of weeks. Was she getting stuff to cope with the stress from other people not wanting her parents to know? Was she messed up when she told mom she thought she had been drugged so mom wouldn't know she was getting stuff from people? Was someone intentionally giving her stuff unbeknownst to her? Were they trying to kill her or drug her to take advantage of her? I dont connect the stalking, to her death either. I think they are separate incidences with different players. No one will come forth and admit if they were giving her stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg