CO - The Stalking and Mysterious Death of Morgan Ingram #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
where did this originate? did the mom say Morgan told her?

Yes, she did.

Sorry to chime in here but I just went back and read TI's comments today.
Her comments are dated Sept. 23, 2012. TI doesn't specifically spell out that Morgan told her about feeling ill. She may have.
TI writes that two weeks before her death Morgan had felt ill for one or two days after hanging out at that same house which is why she wasn't comfortable there. Using my own words here. But TI doesn't say outright that Morgan told her that so maybe another friend of M's told TI or TI found the info by reading her texts and social media after she died. Those are some choices. And if so (media) proof exists as words out of M's own mouth.

Evening of Dec 1st, M stopped by the house her friend and ex-bf were hanging out at on her way home.

She was only there for about 10 – 15 minutes and stood outside most of the time with the friend, not ex-bf who stayed inside the house.

She left that house and drove home (which was about a 10 minute drive from there).

She arrived home a few minutes after 9:00 pm.

2 weeks earlier she became very ill for about 24 – 48 hours after being there and she thought someone had somehow given her something.

//posted for clarity//
That's right. Just blows me away. Only a 10 minutes drive home before the drugs would work, if she was drugged at that house.

That's right. Just blows me away. Only a 10 minutes drive home before the drugs would work, if she was drugged at that house.

I dont think new bf went with her when she stopped by either. It sounds like she was on her way home. Why or why would you return to a place where you were uncomfortable and thought you had been drugged? It doesnt make sense.

You didn't ask me what the Ingrams would do, although it's obvious that they wouldn't install an inside alarm system, you asked if I wouldn't do it even I had been terrorized for 4 months of stalking and feared for my life. I've posted on here about 2 of the longer term stalkers I've had (one was only for about a year before I moved, and the other was for over 4 years. I never had an alarm during any of that time.) The Ingrams did have alarms for their house. They had motion detecters, with alarms, all around the house. Why does everyone seem to think it would be so much safer to forget about scaring them off with an alarm going off as they neared the house and just have one that goes off as they enter it? The alarms they had did nothing to keep the person/people away, but did alert the family so they could try to stop them themselves. MOO

They suspected time and time again that he was able to get near the house DESPITE the exterior motion lights they had installed. Near enough to still tap on the windows. Near enough to punch digits into the front door key pad. Near enough to be picked up on the wildlife camera. So clearly these measures weren't deterring him.

So to me, the logical next step would be to add a second layer of protection via alarm system, so that if he gets past the motion lights at least they'll be alerted if he tries to enter the home (and remember, motion lights could be falsely triggered by wildlife, which Toni speculates about in her blog, but a deer or raccoon isn't going to try and enter your house, so no risk of a false alarm there apart from being set off by occupants of the house.)

But as I said, alarm systems are really common here, and always were when I grew up (could be geographic). Every house or apartment we've lived in since I was a kid in the late '80's has had an alarm system installed, so that's why it boggles MY mind as to why they didn't install one.

Clearly, there are others whose minds remain boggle-free on this issue.

People vary.

M looked bad in that last pic. Sick. I think the mystery of her death lies in the last couple of weeks. Was she getting stuff to cope with the stress from other people not wanting her parents to know? Was she messed up when she told mom she thought she had been drugged so mom wouldn't know she was getting stuff from people? Was someone intentionally giving her stuff unbeknownst to her? Were they trying to kill her or drug her to take advantage of her? I dont connect the stalking, to her death either. I think they are separate incidences with different players. No one will come forth and admit if they were giving her stuff.

I wonder about the last 2 weeks now too. M could have been getting her own stuff. I don't think anyone was slipping her stuff that would make her sick for 2 days, and then no one takes her to a doctor.

What I really wonder is, was M in love with the ex-bf that came back to town? That would explain the last 2 weeks. (Having a new bf does not always mean you don't still love the ex.) Guess we'll never know though.

I've been following and reading the blog since the beginning and a few things that make me uneasy:

What are the requested donations for?
Why is the blog copyrighted?

It seems the farther into the blog we get the less stalking activity there seems to be. While I realize it is not my place to judge why the parents are blogging in the manner they are, why drag this out day after day? To keep people coming back to read? I don't understand the purpose it serves. This sets my hinky meter off big time. Nor do I believe it could possibly be emotionally healthy for the family.

While I cannot imagine the pain this family is in after losing their lovely daughter, I have many, many scenarios swirling around in my mind as to what might have happened to Morgan. Murder is not high on my list.

where did this originate? did the mom say Morgan told her?

It was told to mom by the ex-bf who was in the house while M was outside of the house (the ex-bf who returned from Australia on 11-16)

You know, the ex-bf who *could* have brought back some old school Dalmane from Australia. Just throwing that out there!

They suspected time and time again that he was able to get near the house DESPITE the exterior motion lights they had installed. Near enough to still tap on the windows. Near enough to punch digits into the front door key pad. Near enough to be picked up on the wildlife camera. So clearly these measures weren't deterring him, so to me, the logical next step would be to add a second layer of protection via alarm system, so that if he gets past the motion lights at least they'll be alerted if he tries to enter the home (and remember, motion lights could be falsely triggered by wildlife, which Toni speculates about in her blog, but a deer or raccoon isn't going to try and enter your house, so no risk of a false alarm there apart from being set off by occupants of the house.)

But as I said, alarm systems are really common here, and always were when I grew up (could be geographic). Every house or apartment we've lived in since I was a kid in the late '80's has had an alarm system installed, so that's why it boggles MY mind as to why they didn't install one.

People vary.

I would have been very proactive, too. Alarm system, friends staked out in the dark with night vision goggles, and you can bet if someone was right outside my front door punching numbers in the lock, he would have heard my shotgun *advertiser censored* and probably decide not to try that again.

But, the fact that the neighbors saw and heard nothing and the cameras caught nothing, I question there was anyone there at all. If you look at the outdoor pictures of the house, the neighbors are actually quite close. I would think someone creeping around would have been noticed. Someone on the roof would have been noticed.

Unless there's a huge conspiracy between all the neighbors, LE and other officials, plus M's own friends, I just don't see how this could have been pulled off by an outsider or one of the people accused.

Honestly, if I had actually heard someone punching the keypad it would immediately enter my mind that this person had every intention of getting into the home at some point.

This. There was every indication that he wanted IN when he thought everyone was sleeping. He tried to get into the house. He had their door code, or enough that he thought he could unlock the door.

Yet, the Ingrams don't immediately remove the keypad? They simply change the code? Did they install any kind of lock on the inside of the door, just in case he was able to figure out the code again (as an extra measure, since they didn't install an alarm?) Did they install a camera to cover the front door in case he tried again?

After the first attempt by the stalker to enter the house, why didn't they add a camera to cover the front door? And a chain lock on the inside? And an alarm system? And remove that keypad that had obviously been compromised once already?! :banghead:

Mom says in her blog that donations are for hiring experts. Also, some went to a scholarship at m's college....which they did award a student some money not to long ago.

This. There was every indication that he wanted IN when he thought everyone was sleeping. He tried to get into the house. He had their door code, or enough that he thought he could unlock the door.

Yet, the Ingrams don't immediately remove the keypad? They simply change the code? Did they install any kind of lock on the inside of the door, just in case he was able to figure out the code again (as an extra measure, since they didn't install an alarm?) Did they install a camera to cover the front door in case he tried again?

After the first attempt by the stalker to enter the house, why didn't they add a camera to cover the front door? And a chain lock on the inside? And an alarm system? And remove that keypad that had obviously been compromised once already?! :banghead:

I'm not concerned about no alarm system, don't know, just me.

I am concerned about a keypad lock on anyone's door, much less not removing it immediately after hearing someone else tries to use it. A deadbolt, or even 2 if you want, would have been much better, imo. A chain, a sliding lock, anything. I am very odd about locks, had 4 on one door once. Will not rent if I see a keypad.

I wonder if one of the dogs were behind him? Or a neighborhood cat? It's freaky but I just don't see how they'd have video of S but not of stalker *sigh* So frustrating.

Would it be possible for a person to crawl or move in towards the house when within range of each specific camera? In other words, are there ways to avoid being caught on camera when you know they are there? If you point your camera at me and say 'cheese' and I duck, you'll capture what is behind me. Cameras might be more useful when peeps don't know they are there. Not sure.

For instance, in hotel hallways criminals have been known to alter the cameras (because they know they are there) when entering or leaving their room. Electronic keys have helped to track the movements of occupants but it's still harder to prove the identity of the person who is going in and out of the room.

I dont think new bf went with her when she stopped by either. It sounds like she was on her way home. Why or why would you return to a place where you were uncomfortable and thought you had been drugged? It doesnt make sense.

Because one of the young men who hung out there who had been M's friend the whole time ex bf was gone and still was, was there and she wanted to talk to him. That's one possibility. I'm not saying I know this is why but TI mentions that M was talking to her friend outside the majority of the time she was at that house. TI mentions a friend of M's often other places in the blog who is a male. If I'm right in putting two and two together, that may be someone M considered to be her good friend.

I'm trying to remember what it was like when I was young before I had a working schedule of Monday through Friday. The friends were a large group of peeps but I was closer to a few of them. The others were always around and we all gathered together on a regular basis. Out of all of those peeps (before cell phones) there were two or three in the pipeline who I'd call or they'd call me to let me know what was going on and I'd know I'd be meeting up with at least them. Anyone else who showed up was okay but wouldn't really impact the night or not. By the time I was nineteen, we'd be going to concerts or to TGI Fridays or someone was having a party, etc. Also someone always had an older brother who supplied the beer but I never even knew how that happened or even questioned it. I didn't have an older sibling so it wasn't me! Where I lived, the drinking age had been lowered just in time for me so we began going to clubs and stuff. Anyway a little tangent but I remained part of a group until I got a steady boyfriend outside that group. I could still be included in the group anytime I wanted though. Eventually everyone began working and/or college and the social life was more specific - like you actually made plans to see someone to do something and it wasn't a given the same bunch of people would be available every weekend.

They suspected time and time again that he was able to get near the house DESPITE the exterior motion lights they had installed. Near enough to still tap on the windows. Near enough to punch digits into the front door key pad. Near enough to be picked up on the wildlife camera. So clearly these measures weren't deterring him.

So to me, the logical next step would be to add a second layer of protection via alarm system, so that if he gets past the motion lights at least they'll be alerted if he tries to enter the home (and remember, motion lights could be falsely triggered by wildlife, which Toni speculates about in her blog, but a deer or raccoon isn't going to try and enter your house, so no risk of a false alarm there apart from being set off by occupants of the house.)

But as I said, alarm systems are really common here, and always were when I grew up (could be geographic). Every house or apartment we've lived in since I was a kid in the late '80's has had an alarm system installed, so that's why it boggles MY mind as to why they didn't install one

People vary.

BBM

I'm sure that has a lot to do with it, or it might be a generational thing. You're probably younger than my youngest "child" from the sound of it. Where I live now, and have for many years murder is almost non-exixtent (suicide isn't that common either - people here tend to live to be in their 90s!) There are a lot of property crimes, mostly bikes being stolen, garages broken into, and other thefts.) I wouldn't be surprised if the most often committed crime here is shoplifting at Walmart. The only murders I have ever heard of in this town were a police officer in the 1980s, a suspected snitch in 1999 (there were 8 people between the ages of 16 and 24 convicted of his kidnapping, beatings and murder), and a woman murdered by her husband in 2011 in a murder-suicide.

I don't own a bike, I don't have a garage, I live in a security building, and when I'm not on the Internet, I really don't infuriate many people. I imagine that's part of the reason alarms don't seem like a big necessity to me. Ironically, I never had an alarm in any of the other places I lived, including Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN; Atlanta, GA; River Falls Turtle Lake and Hudson, WI and many others, but I did have the alarm system in the house I owned here until about 10 years ago. :blushing: I admit it, I don't always make sense.

BBM

I'm sure that has a lot to do with it, or it might be a generational thing. You're probably younger than my youngest "child" from the sound of it. Where I live now, and have for many years murder is almost non-exixtent (suicide isn't that common either - people here tend to live to be in their 90s!) There are a lot of property crimes, mostly bikes being stolen, garages broken into, and other thefts.) I wouldn't be surprised if the most often committed crime here is shoplifting at Walmart. The only murders I have ever heard of in this town were a police officer in the 1980s, a suspected snitch in 1999 (there were 8 people between the ages of 16 and 24 convicted of his kidnapping, beatings and murder), and a woman murdered by her husband in 2011 in a murder-suicide.

I don't own a bike, I don't have a garage, I live in a security building, and when I'm not on the Internet, I really don't infuriate many people. I imagine that's part of the reason alarms don't seem like a big necessity to me. Ironically, I never had an alarm in any of the other places I lived, including Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN; Atlanta, GA; River Falls Turtle Lake and Hudson, WI and many others, but I did have the alarm system in the house I owned here until about 10 years ago. :blushing: I admit it, I don't always make sense.

I want to live where you do!

I've only had one alarm system, and that was gift from ex-hubby's family that installs them when we got divorced. (Weird I know.) Guess I realized I would be the only one responding to it, it wasn't set to alert the company or LE. So, I thought it wasn't necessary. I'd hear whomever was trying to get in anyway. I also had a very protective dog.

I also learned how easy it is to disarm them, especially wired systems. Guess that is why I like a lot of locks. Once I'm in, you'll have to work to get to me, lol.

In this situation, I can see why others think it would be better than what was happening. Especially if it alerted LE. Especially with all those huge windows that could be smashed or even just opened if they didn't have locks on them. (I'm a very paranoid person, no?) Would have been great for times when no one was home if it alerted LE too.

I want to live where you do!

I've only had one alarm system, and that was gift from ex-hubby's family that installs them when we got divorced. (Weird I know.) Guess I realized I would be the only one responding to it, it wasn't set to alert the company or LE. So, I thought it wasn't necessary. I'd hear whomever was trying to get in anyway. I also had a very protective dog.

I also learned how easy it is to disarm them, especially wired systems. Guess that is why I like a lot of locks. Once I'm in, you'll have to work to get to me, lol.
In this situation, I can see why others think it would be better than what was happening. Especially if it alerted LE. Especially with all those huge windows that could be smashed or even just opened if they didn't have locks on them. (I'm a very paranoid person, no?) Would have been great for times when no one was home if it alerted LE too.
BBM

It's funny that several times I found myself thinking that they should have gotten a dog. I've had many dogs over the years, and even the most affectionate of them would have barked and/or growled if someone had tried to break in. I don't hae a dog now, but my budgies alert me any time someone passes my patio doors. The dogs are the main reason I keep coming back to - whoever was harassing them had to be known by the dogs, especially if s/he actually entered the home while the family was asleep.

I agree with a lot of you: Why not do ALL YOU CAN to protect your loved one, by being OFFENSIVE and doing WHATEVER it took to stop any harassing/stalking/bullying. I'd do anything. This is why it doesn't make sense, the Ingrams' responses seem strange.
By golly, I hope the reality of this "case" is not turning sour, I hope Morgan really gets justice! Even if it's to mourn her passing, suicide or not. :please:

There had to be a reason and someone that was at that house knows the reason. Something more than a little strange here.

Another thing I found odd, after they installed the new 6 camera system M invited a bunch of friends over immediately to show them how cool it was.

Why tell a bunch of friends about it? Why show it off? Why risk tipping off the stalker? It seems the neighbors and other people knew each other, including the suspected stalker neighbors.

I get the feeling they did NOT rationally discuss all of this with their daughter, they were afraid to upset her so they let her do as she pleased. If it were my niece or child and I installed a system I would darn well tell them to keep it a secret! People will find out when they visit but don't advertise it to the whole neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg